Kara Munn

Future Potioneer in Blue 💙🦅
OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Kara had talked to Daniel and asked if he would meet up with her in the library. Their first semester together at Hogwarts had flown by so quickly and it seemed like there still wasn't enough time to prepare for exams. She entered the library with a push of the door and quietly slipped in. Looking around the semi-busy library for a quiet spot, Kara adjusted her backpack over her shoulder. She spotted an empty table off on it owns surrounding by bookcases.

Quickly making her way to the table before it could be claimed by another student, Kara set her heavy bag down with a thud. She reaching into her bag and pulled out a notebook, a few rolls of parchment paper, writing supplies, and her textbooks. Nearly half of the table was already covered. Kara looked around to see if she could spot Daniel coming into the library, she was tucked away and didn't think about how hard it was to see from the door.

Daniel was looking forward to studying with Kara and made his way down to the library. The semester was going super quickly, so it was nice to be able to have a study session. The library was somewhat busy, which didn't suprise him, but worried him a little about finding a table to study at. He wasn't sure if Kara was already there, so decided to have a look around for her.

Spotting Daniel entering the library, Kara stood from the table and peeked around the side of the bookshelves. "Daniel. Hey, over here!" She whispered loudly in his direction, hoping not to disturb anyone or get in trouble. Kara waved at him and motioned for him to come towards her. A table full of older students buried in books glanced up at and then the direction of Daniel before once more looking into their books. They looked too focused and too stressed to be bothered by a couple of first years. Kara gave them an apologetic look and nod.

Daniel heard Kara whispering for him and headed in her direction."Hey, how's it going?" he whispered. It was hard to be quiet, but he didn't like the idea of getting kicked out of the library. He sat his bag on the table, hoping the little thud it made didn't disturb anyone. He pulled out some of his books and spread them out a little."I've been meaning to go through everything before exams start. Have you had a chance to yet?"

Kara smiled as she joined him and adjusted her stuff to make sure he had plenty of room. "No, not yet." She pulled open her planner and looked at her list of homework and assignments. "I still need to study more for Astrology and Herbology. What about you?" The only classes she felt confident about were Flying and Potions.

Daniel shrugged."I'm thinking of going over everything, just to be sure I know it." He really wanted to do well in his exams, but he was a little worried the pressure might be too much for him. He knew how important it was to do well, which was putting more pressure on him. He pulled out his homework list."Yeah, that's probably the best plan." He couldn't really studying for flying, but he was sure that he'd be fine with it. At least, he hoped he would.

Kara nodded and pulled out her astronomy textbook. She was dreading reviewing it but knew she had to ace her tests. "How have you been doing in classes?" Kara asked, flipping through the pages of her textbook. "I've got all O's right now, well except one E, but I think I might be getting a grade change." She stopped on the most recent material from Astronomy. "I'm scared about how hard the exams will be."

Daniel shrugged."I'm not sure, it's hard to keep track of it all." He had found that he performed better in the classes he enjoyed and took a backseat in the ones he didn't. He knew it would have an effect on his grade, but couldn't help it. He was determined to fix that fault."You're doing a lot better than I am, that's for sure! I'm sure the exams will be fine, if you know the material." He opened his transfiguration notes, and began to read them.

Kara smiled sheepishly. It felt like she didn't even understand a lot of it and she was worried about failure. She read from her astronomy book for a few minutes in silence. This first semester had been stressful for Kara, she wanted to do her best and be her best. Her dad tried to remind her that these are her practice years of school. Grades didn't matter as much, just to try her absolute best. Kara tried to keep that in mind but it was way easier said than done. "What's your favorite class that we've taken so far?" She asked him, looking up from her textbook and trying to distract from her negative thoughts. Her favorite class was of course potions, but she had to admit that Flying class had been way more fun than expected. "Oh! I have been meaning to ask you. I talked to my parents already, but they said you could come stay with us over the holiday break for a few days. If you want to of course." Kara said, remembering the last letter she received from her parents.

Daniel had a few favourites, which he'd probably studied more than the others."I loved Flying. Transfiguration was interesting, I think it's one of my favourites. What were yours? Did you enjoy Potions?" He knew that was Kara's favourite subjects and wondered if the class had been what she had hoped for. He was excited when Kara invited him to stay for a bit over the holidays."That would be super fun! I'd love to, if it's not too much trouble for you guys. I'll have to send my parents a letter, but that shouldn't be too difficult. I wasn't planning on travelling back for the holidays anyway." It did make the distance seem further, especially since he wanted to know if the girls had done any magic accidentally. He loved the idea of them coming to school with him.

Kara nodded, she remembered him being excited about Flying. "Turns out I like Flying a lot more than I thought I did," She turned her head towards him and smiled. "Potions was fun. I was a little bummed we didn't get to make our own potions. Hopefully next year." Kara understood that it was the rules and they had to learn the basics, but she was so excited. Hearing that he hadn't planned on traveling home for the holidays shocked Kara. She felt uncomfortable for assuming he would be going home. Kara remained quiet for a moment. "You are welcome to stay the whole time with us if you'd like. Mom wouldn't mind at all. She likes you." She smiled encouragingly at Daniel. "Kara worried for her friend, being so far and distant from home.

Daniel understood Kara being bummed about not making potions."Yeah, I think the professors want us to know the basics back to front before starting anything like that." He understood that, even though it was a little disappointing."I'd love to stay! Mum loves the idea of me making friends, so it should be fine." He didn't mention his Dad, since he wasn't too sure how it would go down with him. However, Daniel knew that there wasn't much he could do, since Australia was a distance away."Should I bring anything? Maybe Mum can send something."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back