Hogwarts Monthly Semester One Issue Two

Ellington Hayes

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Homoromantic asexual
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Ellington smiled at the students as she walked into the Great Hall holding the newest issue of the Hogwarts Monthly magazine. She was glad for the turnout she'd had for the first issue of her reign and she wanted to try and keep that enthusiasm. As she walked along the isles of the tables, Ellie periodically dropped copies of the magazine onto the students' laps, after all, she wanted to ensure that everyone had a copy and was going to read it. The magazine was important to her and reaching as many people as possible was something that really mattered to her. Her reporters were just as important and this was their work. She couldn't let them down now. "Here's your latest issue guys! Come find out what happened in Quidditch!" She called as she headed back down to the double doors. "Did you write a letter to Aunt Meg? She has answered your troubles with some sagely advice!"
</COLOR></FONT>
T H E H O G W A R T S M O N T H L Y: Y E A R 2 4 I S S U E 2

tumblr_ni2360LRar1slcvaio9_500.gif
H O G W A R T S S P O R T S E C T I O N
</SIZE></SIZE>
<SIZE size="150"><SIZE size="150"><FONT font="Georgia">A​
nother school year has begun which means another year of quidditch! The game between Hufflepuff and Slytherin certainly started the year with a bang with Hufflepuff winning with 190 points against Slytherin's 30 points! I don't know if you caught this game, but I did! It dragged on for miles and was mostly a battle between both teams' chasers because that darn snitch just did not want to be caught! Esme Lancaster was her usual, sarcastic self, showing off her chaser skills like no other! and Lucien Snow definitely showed everyone why he is truly the best quidditch player! Joining in partway through the game and managing to do his very best! Not to be forgotten during this game are the Slytherin beaters Vladimir Zhefarovich and Zechariah Powell, who managed to hit their bludgers right on target! and of course, the Slytherin seeker Avie Mitchell who definitely had fun throwing rocks to the same target while he was searching for that elusive snitch! Their effort was unfortunate for Hufflepuff's seeker Scarlet Joussane, who took two bludger hits and had to be switched to chaser partway through the game! The end of the game had begun to look grim for Hufflepuff. Though with Graeme Fergusson's on point captaining, choosing to remove Scarlet from the line of fire and replace her with Mason Greene, Hufflepuff eventually won the game! Mason crashed into the Slytherin goalposts, but it was all worth it because he had caught the snitch and ended the game! Congratulations to Hufflepuff, you guys deserved the win!

The second game of the year between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw was unfortunately not near as exciting in my opinion. It was more of a battle between seekers than a battle of chasers, with Ravenclaw winning with 160 points to Gryffindor's 0 points. It's ridiculous! Gryffindor really needs to up their game for the rest of the year! The game began on a happy note when Gryffindor took possession of the quaffle, chasers Jean Snow and Skye Taylor seamlessly passing between each other. Though the happy note the game started on quickly ended when Jean caught a direct hit from a bludger and failed to score! Isaiah Jeffreys, one of Ravenclaw's chasers, is known to be particularly good at scoring so I wasn't surprised when Ravenclaw's one goal flew right past me! After the score, the game continued with the seekers battling it out in their quest for the snitch. Ravenclaw captain and seeker Serenity Dion eventually won the battle and ensured Ravenclaw's win by catching the snitch! She is certainly a force to be reckoned with, and I look forward to seeing the Ravenclaw team play in more games throughout the year! But not as much as I'm looking forward to Gryffindor winning every other game! Bring it on!​
Author: Archie Renner​
<i>
</i>

A U N T M E G
<COLOR color="#000">
Dear Aunt Meg,

Last holiday I met someone. We became good friends, well more than friends actually. The only problem is she is a muggle. and we leaned in class about the statute of secrecy that we cant tell muggles about the existence of magic, but I really want to stay in touch with her. What can I do?

Woeful Romeo.

Dear Woeful Romeo,

It sounds like you have a bit of a pickle on your hands. Yes the statute of secrecy is very real and should not be broken. But of course there are clauses. For example a family is allowed to know that their child has magic. This however doesn't help you much. There are a couple of ways around the issue. First I must say the traditional letter would be very useful. You can send a letter to your parents, or sibling and ask them to post it for you. This may be a little awkward depending on the relationship you have with said people. Otherwise there are brightstone weekends. The next muggle town isn't too far a walk. You can post letters there, and the school may have a PO box that your friend can send to, if not you could hire one. Letters may not be as instantaneous as muggle, or magical, technology. But there is a great pleasure knowing that someone has taken the time to write to you on paper and spent money sending it far more than a few words on a screen.

Best of luck,
Your Aunt Meg
Author: Rhiannon McGowan​

Editor's note: This semester has been one really bad pun after another! From the food fight, to the Yule Ball auction, which didn't quite go to plans to the fight between two Hufflepuffs in the Great Hall. I just want to thank any one and everyone involved in activities and in clubs and just in general because it is thanks to all of you that we get to do this job. We're here for your enjoyment and that means that it's only through you we can continue to do what we love. Shout out to the couples who attended that Yule Ball this year. You all looked lovely!
Ellington Hayes
Editor​
<i>​
</i>​

As always, feel free to role-play and react to this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back