Hmm

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Walking down the alley way that she had constantly used as a short cut to work had never felt so strange. She had a cold feeling, like a heavy breeze was blowing through her. Although it was a sunny day, with no wind. She couldnt explain it, so she continued to walk her way to work, putting up with the odd feeling coursing through her. Taking in a deep breath she couldnt wait to get out of the darkness and back into the busy street. She didnt think she would be taking this way anymore.

Mark strolled down the alleyway, his dark cloak billowing about his tall frame with every stride. Mark usually kept to the back streets and alleyways - he knew nothing could hurt him. After all, who'd take on a 6'2" Death Eater...except perhaps other Death Eaters. And that had yet to happen. He also liked the privacy. People rarely walked the back streets, preferring to keep out in the open. For safety. And with people like Mark wandering the back streets, it was no wonder.

Muttering something to himself about work - he did not like his main co-worker, she was too happy and sunshine-y, but he sure liked his job, although he wished he could get out with dangerous creatures, the way he did in Germany - and contemplating how he could talk to Clara, his sister, about joining the Death Eaters (she had only graduated Durmstrang as head girl, no less, earlier in the year, and already she wanted to be a Death Eater like him, but Mark wasn't so sure), he almost didn't notice the small girl wandering the streets. Mark scowled. It was odd to see at young Hogwarts student - she had to be, but not much older than 12 or 13 - wandering the alleys. "Kids shouldn't be wandering around here," he muttered, gruffly.

Taylor only had a few more corners to turn before she was out in the open again. She glanced down at her muggle watch and noted she wasnt due to be in work for almost another half an hour and the way she was going she would be there in only a few minutes. She repressed the urge to shudder as she felt another being close by. She shrugged it off as nothing and refused to look back to check. Keeping her strides at her usual fast pace, she almost jumped out of her skin when somebody spoke behind her. Whipping around sharply she noted a man in a black cloak. She wasnt any more scared than she had been before, if anything she calmed down. She hated being alone and would be scared when she was, but if someone else was there, no matter who it was, she wouldnt be as afraid.

"I have to get to work and this is the quickest path." She said honestly and simply, not sure if she would get in trouble as she didnt know who the person was. "Am i not aloud to be in the alleyways?" She enquired. She had never really checked to see if she was, she had just assumed there was nothing wrong with being down here.

Mark folded his arms, impressed with the girl's attitude - normally the children feared him - but shaking his head at her foolhardy ways. "There is no law against it, but I wonder why such a young and, dare I say, innocent, child such as yourself, would be taking the darker paths to reach your workplace, wherever that may be. Surely they are not so desperate for staff in the shops around here that they employ children such as yourself," he added, incredulous. Why would an eleven year old have to work, anyway? Children at Durmstrang did not have jobs. They could not - they were in the confines of the school most of the time.

Taylor frowned a bit at the mans comments. "Im not exactly a child. I may be a first year, but im alot more mature than people take me for." She finished with an annoyed attitude. People always looked down on her because she was a first year. "And this way is quicker." She shrugged indifferently. She squinted to see who the man was. She had never met him before and something about him was frightening, but Taylor would never admit that fact.

"A first year. You think you are mature, but you are still young. You have a lot to learn. Say you were attacked down one of these alleys..." he muttered, his face expressionless, "...you would need more than your maturity to protect you, wouldn't you?" Mark was unsure why he was engaging in such a discussion. However, this kid reminded him, just a little, of his own sister, Clara. She had that exact same attitude. "Where does a girl so young work, then?"

Taylor pondered his words and decided he was right. Sure Taylor enjoyed being correct herself, but she knew when to admit she was wrong. "I guess your right then." Crossing her arms over her chest, she stared at the man suspiciously. He seemed to be the type that would attack her down one of these alleys. She wouldnt be able to protect herself if he did. He had definatly been right in that sense. She refused to be frightened though and even if she was, she would not show it. "I work at Madam Malkins. What brings you to Brightstone Village?" She asked indifferently, although she was curious who he was and what business he had here.

"Madam Malkin's," he repeated with a nod. The robe shop, that's it, he remembered, having walked past there a few times. "I work for the Ministry," he explained. "I am taking a break from work, and some of the people there," he admitted, rolling his eyes. His main co-worker was too bright and bubbly, and always hogging the field assignments, leaving him with paperwork. And one of the first questions she had asked him was if he was a Death Eater. Honestly, how stupid can you get? he remembered, shaking his head.

Taylor nodded. "What do you do at the Ministry? If you dont mind me asking." She said curiously, she seemed to always be curious. They say curiosity killed the cat, but Taylor believed that if a cat has nine lives you may as well waste one and find out something you didnt know. "I plan to work for the Ministry when i leave school." She wanted to smile, but she wasnt sure the man she was talking to would take a smile well.

"Magical Creatures," Mark said, simply. He felt sure the girl would know what he meant, even if he didn't go in to the full name of the office. "The Ministry, yes, it is rather good work," he said, approvingly. I just hope she is not one of those misguided children who think they can be an Auror. Auror is an overrated profession, anyway. We Death Eaters are still thriving.

Taylor still stopped the smile from reaching her face. "I plan to work as the equivilent to a lawyer in the muggle world, but in the wizarding world." She said with pride laced in her voice. She didnt know why she was talking to this man, but it was a good way to pass the time before she had work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back