History's with meaning.

Gabrielle Hanson

OOC First Name
Teigs
Sexual Orientation
Demisexual
Wand
Mahogany Wand 14" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Gabrielle walked quietly to the Library. She was going to brush up on her Muggle Studies text books. She really enjoyed that class. Aswell as History of Magic. Potions was alright aswell, but she couldn't be bothered with it really. Any thing her parents liked pretty much, was a disinterest to her. She really didn't like being compared to them in a way that she was classified as their prodigy. So she was on her way to find any books on a subject that both of her parents didn't believe in. Her parents were very much anti-muggle, they alwaysd had been. She found a chair in the Library and sat smiling down at the book in her bag. She had borrowed it from Professor Zhefarovich last lesson and had been looking through it since then.

She looked around attempting to find someone she knew. When she failed she simply stood up and walked around, looking for more books.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry its lame.

Jeremy had been holed up in the library for a while reading up on some material for Herbology class. When it came to Styx's class one could never be too prepared especially since Jeremy had the feeling that the man took great pleasure when students uttered the wrong answer. Jeremy just wanted to be sure it was never him. He'd finished that though and had gone browsing up and down the aisles until he'd come to one where a book on muggle games was held. Settling himself on the floor, Jeremy leaned himself against a while and began to scan through the book.

It wasn't until a shadow fell over the aisle that Jeremy looked up slowly. When he saw Gabrielle, a smile crossed his face, mostly because he knew her as a housemate and he also knew that she was in his MUggle Studies class, which meant she had an interest in muggle stuff. "Hey Gabrielle. What are you up to?" he asked, being sure to keep his voice down so that the librarian didn't stalk over and kick him out. "Working on Zhefarovich's assignment?"

Gabrielle rolled her eyes at the books on the shelf. So far none of them had really been of any help. Which was too bad because she was sure that she would be needing them. She was a newbie when it came to Muggle Studies, having never been allowed to learn about it as a child. Which was really quite sad. She wasn't sure what her parents had against Muggle borns but she was sure it had no anchor. What could the muggles have done to them that had made them so stiff when it came to a mention of them. She knew that her grandparents also had a hate of them, but still she had not found any grounds for it. Besides, what could the muggles do that would affect a witch or wizard? They had no magic and in the medieval times, when they used to burn witches at the stake, Gabrielle had read that it had no affect on a magical being as they just used the freezing charm.

When she heard a voice she was pulled out of her thoughts. She looked around for the owner and then smiled when her eyes landed on Jeremy Thorne, a Third Year in her house. He also attended Muggle Studies with her, so he definately wasn't a hater. She hadn't really spoken to him much though, she was kind of shy when it came to people. "Oh Hi Jeremy" She said moving closer to across from him. "Yeah actually, I'm looking for material to use" She said laughing slightly. She never did things half way. She didn't believe in it. "I'm kind of a freak when it comes to work. I hardly ever leave the library" She said shaking her head. "Sara thinks I work to hard" She said shrugging. Looking at the book he held she tilted her head. She'd not seen that book before. She was going to have to have a look at it when it was finished. "What about you? Have you done the assignment yet?" She asked as she looked through her bag for the textbook she had already borrowed from the Professor.

Jeremy smiled up at Gabrielle as she walked closer and began to talk about what she was doing. His guess had been right. She was working on the assignment for their Muggle Studies class. When she mentioned not leaving the library often, he chuckled. It was true and he knew that because he'd seen her there every time he'd come in to search for a book or do some work. "No need to feel bad. I'm pretty much the same way" he said with a sigh. He knew that most of the other houses probably didn't understand the Ravenclaws dedication to their schoolwork, but it was obvious that Gabrielle, a fellow Ravenclaw did. She was one of the nicer girls he knew, and even though they didn't really speak that often, she never seemed to notice or comment on his shyness. It was probably why he wasn't as nervous around her.

When he noticed her looking at the book in his hand, Jeremy turned it over to reveal the title. It was called A Guide to Muggle Games. "It looked interesting" he shrugged. He shook his head as she asked whether he'd done the assignment. "I did the paragraph on whether I chose the folder or the binder, but I haven't finished the rest of it yet." The rest of it was the harder part where he would have to research what exactly muggles learned in science class. "I've been busy with the assignment for Professor Styx's class" he said with a sigh. "I only just finished it up now...I still can't believe those two are brothers" he added with another small chuckle.

Pulling out her textbook, Gabrielle shrugged as Jeremy spoke. She knew she couldn't change the way she acted. Sometimes though she didn't like it. It upheaded her ability to make friends. Friends was a department where she was seriously lacking. Apart from maybe one or two good friends, she had only aquaintances, which was truly a shame. Gabrielle could be really funny once you got to know her. Meaning you actually had to get past the fact that books were her life at the moment. She didn't even really think about anything else, boys, parties, dates. Any of that stuff, really. Which sort of worried her mother. She was convinced that Gabrielle was going to die an old maid. A thought which often made her roll her eyes. Was it her fault she just wasn't tha interested yet? And at her age she had plenty of time anyway. She was only thirteen. "I suppose your right, though sometimes, I do think I may take it slightly overboard" She said blushing red slightly. She blushed when she had to reveal things about herself. A really embarrassing habit she wished she could be rid of.

She was then very curious as he showed her the book he was looking through. It really did look rather interesting actually, which would be a fun read. "Yeah, most books look interesting to me, thats why Im always here I think, because they are always so interesting. I can't read a book if it is uninteresting to me." She said as she smiled back at him. Jeremy was one of the more withdrawn boys she knew. He was slightly shy and usually nervous. Though it appeared that he wasn't nervous with her. Maybe he knew she didn't judge? Or maybe it was because she felt the same way? Either way, it was nice to talk to some-one she actually liked and could have a decent conversation with. "I didn't do anything on the binder or folder. I just did the assignment, I suppose I like to be able to do something and have to think about it..." She said as she looked down at the book now firmly plastered in her hands. "I may have skipped Herbology, I think I forgot about that assignment" She said blushing red again. In actual fact, she hadn't attended the class at all. Professor Styx had always scared her and so she really didn't care for him. Only attending his classes when absolutely necessary. She knew it was not exactly normal of a Ravenclaw, but she couldn't help it. Sometimes she just couldn't do it. "Yes, I was very surprised to hear about the relations between Styx and Zhefarovich" She said tilting her head slighty, as she always did when she thought about things. "I wonder if they get along well?" She wondered aloud.

Jeremy had the sense to look down and hide his smile as he saw Gabrielle turn red. She was even more shy than he was it seemed, or maybe she was just shy in a different way. He didn't turn red often but he didn sometimes stutter over his words, especially when he grew nervous. The last time that had happened was when he'd been in front of that blonde girl a couple of weeks ago. He hadn't seen her since but he was now very sure that she wasn't a Ravenclaw. Looking back up when he thought it was safe, Jeremy nodded his head. "Me either. I find most books interesting though" he added with a shrug.

He hid his surprise when as Gabrielle said that she hadn't gone to Styx's class. Jeremy didn't think he'd ever be brave enough to skive off that man's class. If he skipped anyone's class, it would probably be someone like Professor Weasley. She seemed pretty easygoing and like she wouldn't care or do anything if someone skipped her class. "It's nothing to crazy" he said, to reassure her as she turned red again. As the conversation turned to Professor Styx and Professor Zhefarovich again, Jeremy chuckled. "I bet they don't. Professor Styx is so serious. I bet Zhefarovich annoys the hell out of him." That would actually be pretty entertaining to see. The younger professor seemed like a much more fun, easygoing guy. "I bet anyone who smiles or laughs annoys Professor Styx" he chuckled.

Gabrielle laughed slightly out of nervousness as she looked around the Library. Being a Ravenclaw wasn't all that bad. Infact, she really didn't mind people assuming she was a snob because she always corrected thme on something they said wrong. It wasn't her fault that she did it. It was just in her nature. Along with blurting out totally random facts that mean absolutely nothing to anyone but herself. Well herself and Sara anyway. Nadia often did it too. "Yes, most books are interesting to me aswell. I seem to have this problem where, I can't help but to blurt out random and useless facts about absolutely anything. There was this one time in first year, where I told a sixth year that too much makeup could give her pimples... The problem being that it was a guy" She said shaking her head. "I'm also quite unobservent" She said sighing as she turned red again. It seemed to be a habit she was going to be unable to shake. "Oh damn my shyness" She whispered softly as she brought her textbook up to cover her face.

It didn't matter how much Jeremy tried to hide his surprise. Gabrielle saw it before he was able to hide it and shook her head. She thought he might be surprised, but she didn't mind. She had tried to go to his classes, but the simple fact that she was scared of him, and found his classes uninteresting, prevented her from doing so. She laughed slightly as he told her that it wasn't very crazy at all. It was nice that she could talk to a fellow house mate undisturbed like she usually was. "I guess..." She added as she hid behind her book again. Jeremy was really very nice, she realised. It was too bad they never really had a chance to talk before this. She was sure she could really get to like him if given the chance. "Professor Styx, i think, needs to smile every once and a while, you know, he always seems to be so annoyed at everything. He shouldn't be a teacher I think" She said shaking her head. There were only three Professor's that she really liked. They were, Professor Blaze, Professor Smith and now Professor Zhefarovich. She supposed that it helped that all three were rather good looking two. She remembered over hearing a bunch of Seventh years express their like of Professor Smith. Even though Gabrielle thought he was rather young, she was sure he could handle himself. As he had proved over the last few years.

"So... what did you think of the Yule ball?" She asked as she thought of something to say. The Yule ball was weeks ago, but she wanted to know peoples oppinions of it. She had been interviewed by that Ravenclaw girl Beth Bastone, and that had been nice, but other then that she hadn't really done much at the Yule ball.

When Gabrielle spoke about telling a male student about applying make-up, she had a feeling she knew exactly who she was referring to. "Was it that Gryffindor guy?" he said with a chuckle as he shifted his body so that he was sitting cross legged. He laughed aloud this time when she turned red And hid her face but he didn't mean to be hurtful about it. It was more like the laugh someone had when they were kidding around with a friend.

Jeremy shrugged. "Yea, that's true. He's a good professor though" he thought so anyway. The professor was certainly mean and serious but herbology was certainly something he knew a lot about. He was about to say more when she began to speak about the Yule Ball. He shrugged once more. "It was alright...I went alone. I hung out with Logan, but neither of us had dates" he replied and then turned the question back on her. "Did it enjoy it?" he asked. "I didn't see you there, but I read what you said in the Monthly."

Gabrielle tilted her head slightly when he asked if the boy had been in Gryffindor. To be quite honest she couldn’t remember, all she knew was that they had graduated last year. “To be honest Jeremy, Im really not sure, all I know is that he graduated last year...” She told him, unsure as to which Gryffindor guy, he was referring too. She turned red again as he laughed at her awkwardness. She knew he wasn’t trying to be hurtful as it wasn’t the right laugh for that, but just the simple fact that he was making her nervous and she knew it was making her nervous, made her feel even more uncomfortable. She tried smiling and failed before she hid behind her book again. Maybe if she tried speaking a different language she would feel better. Though as soon as she thought it she pushed the thought aside. How silly of her, like a different language was going to allow her to feel any better at all.

Gabrielle smiled as she listened to Jeremy come to Professor Styx’s defense. It didn’t matter how much she disliked the Professor, she was happy to hear when someone came to his defense. It was something she was beginning to admire in people, how they came to someone’s defense. “You know, that is really nice. I like that you come to his defense when I am dissing him” She said smiling as she tapped his shoulder. She was truly beginning to like Jeremy. She had always been a good judge of character, though when it came to Professor Styx, she was sure there was a missing connection somewhere.

“The Yule ball... it was, well, loud actually, I’ve never been one for parties, so I suppose for my first one it was as could be expected...” She said by way of answer. She hadn’t enjoyed or hated the experience. It was something she thought to be an acquired taste. Maybe next year if she went with a date she might enjoy it more thoroughly, but for now, she was just happy to enjoy talking about it. “Oh, you read that?” She asked as she once again had to bring her book up for safety. That interview was published for all to see. It definitely didn’t showcase her very well. She had come off as some sort of snob who didn’t appreciate parties, man, why did he have to have read it. “Oh thats terrible” She said looking away from him.

Jeremy chuckled, suprised to hear that there were two guys at the school who thought makeup was alright to wear. That was odd, but he knew they were referring to different people because the male he was speaking about was still in the school. He was a fourth or fifth year. Watching her turn red again made Jeremy feel oddly embarassed himself. He didn't know if it was because he felt bad for causing her to turn red, or if it was something else. He found himself blushing slightly as she complimented him for coming to Professor Styx's defense. "Oh...well you know" he stammered a bit as Gabrielle moved closer.

He listened to her as she spoke about the Yule ball and smiled slightly. He quite agreed with her actually and couldn't understand why she covered her face again. "I'm not much of a party person either. It was pretty cool hanging out with Logan, but I would have had just as much fun in our dorm room. I didn't think the music was all that great either" he said, agreeing with something she'd said in the article. His brow furrowed as she looked away. Was it something he'd said? He wasn't sure, so he figured a change of subject was probably best. "What other electives are you taking?" he asked.

Gabrielle sighed slightly and pulled her legs up to her chest. She was sure she was supposed to be doing something right now but she couldn’t be bothered moving, and besides, she was enjoying talking to Jeremy. He seemed nice. The brunette nodded as he mentioned he would have had just as much fun had he not gone to the Yule ball. She agreed with that. She hadn’t gone any other time and she was almost disappointed that she had gone this time. Maybe it was because she didn’t have a date? Maybe she just wasn’t old enough to appreciate it yet? Either way it had been fairly uneventful to say the least. She turned to look at him when he asked her about her electives. She had only taken two this year and had been thoroughly enjoying them. “Well, I’m only taking two electives, I had Care of Magical Creatures last semester, and well obviously Muggle Studies this semester” She said smiling. “And you?” She asked as she turned the question back to him.

OOCOut of Character:
Soooo sorry about the length. That is pathetic :tut:

OOCOut of Character:
No worries :D
For a girl, Gabrielle was fairly easy to talk to. She didn't talk about anything girly and her habit of turning red and holding up her book was more because she was shy and not because of any girly reason. At least as far as he could tell anyway. When he glanced up at the clock hanging above the bookcase opposite him, Jeremy was surprised to discover just how much time had gone by. It felt like they'd only begun talking but already a half hour had gone by.

"Care of Magical Creatures? That must be interesting" he stated before answering her question. "I took Ancient Runes and Arithmancy last semester. They were ok, but I think I liked Arithmancy a bit more" he explained. Of all the electives he was taking, Muggle Studies was beating them all. Professor Zhefarovich was pretty fun and the class was very interesting. "You know...I can't believe this is only the second conversation we've had. You're pretty cool...for a girl" he said with a smile, blushing slightly himself. Jeremy still didn't think about girls all that much, not really anyway but with Gabrielle it was pretty easy to forget.

Gabrielle smiled as she looked at him. This was really only the second conversation they’d had, not counting casual greetings in class or such. It really was hard to believe that they had been here for nearly half an hour already. Time was definitely on the fly and it was making Gabrielle laugh because of it. She looked down at the book in front of her and laughed because she had been using it to hide more than an actual book. She couldn’t help being shy, even with people she knew, and especially with people of her own house. Maybe it was because they would have similar personalities to her, and she was worried about being compared to other people. With her parents having been in Gryffindor and Slytherin, it was a wonder she was even in Ravenclaw.

Gabrielle nodded slightly as he asked about Care of Magical Creatures. She remembered that it had definitely been a very interesting class. Though they had three different Professors Gabrielle didn’t mind so much, atleast she had learned all she had needed too. “It really was quite interesting actually. Though we had three different Professor’s, but I didn’t mind so much, I still learnt all that I needed to, and maybe more.” She said as she listened to what classes he had. Arithmacy and Ancient Runes. Gabrielle had thought that they wouldn’t interest her, then again, she had never thought much about them as a subject. “How are they as subjects?” She asked as she looked at him again. When he spoke again Gabrielle had to struggle not to laugh. Instead she had a weird expression on her face that would tell a person she was attempting to subdue fits of laughter. “Um... thank you, I guess” She said laughing slightly. “I suppose your cool too, for a boy” She grinned.

Jeremy listened to Gabrielle, and was glad that he hadn't taken that class. Once he got used to a professor, he didn't really like them leaving and having to get used to a new one. It took him a while to get used to people and to get comfortable around them enough that he was willing to participate in conversations, so when a new professor came into the class, he had to go through the process all over again. She seemed to like it though, or at least she didn't mind it as much as he would have. When she asked about Ancient Runes and Arithmancy, he thought for a moment. "Well, Arithmancy was interesting because it was looking at things about me, like my name and birthday and then seeing how it influenced my personality and most of it was pretty spot on." He nodded, and then continued. "Ancient Runes was different...It was easier for one thing but I think that's because Professor Weasley doesn't really like giving homework. We learned about the history of runes and what they are used for and next year we're supposed to be making our own." Now that he was speaking about it, he realized that the class wasn't all that bad.

As he looked at Gabrielle, Jeremy's expression changed from the friendly one he usually had to one of embarassment as he realized that she was trying not to laugh at him. It wasn't until she'd turned the compliment back onto him that he realized why. After she'd spoken, it was his turn to try to not laugh but eventually he could not and a loud bark of laughter slipped out, which he instantly stopped as the librarian rounded the corner, glaring at the pair. "Thanks I guess" he whispered after the librarian had continued on and then he broke into a round of silent chuckles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back