Hip Hopping to LA

Rainey Audelia

OOC First Name
Lauren
Rainey's parents made her wake up early, something that she absolutely hated. With hair still stuck to her face she trudged to the bathroom to take a quick shower before choosing pulling on her jumper. Still half asleep she walked downstairs and stood in front of the fire with her parents. "Is there any need to do this so early?" she questioned them, looking for a dance school could surely wait a couple of hours. Despite her protestations her mother took her hand and led her into the fire and shouted the name of a shop that Rainey had never heard of before. She rolled her eyes "Great, this is going to be so fun" she thought to herself just as she felt herself spinning through the floo network.

She stood up out of the fireplace and saw that they had landed in some horrible old tacky clothes shop "Oh god, this place is horrific" Rainey commented before being pulled outside. She followed her parents down the street doing her best to drag her feet and slow the whole thing down. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to be working so well. "How much longerrrrrrrrrr?" she whined "we've been walking for actual hours" she complained to her parents. Luckily, they decided to walk into a building which she assumed was one of the dance studios that they planned to look at and she was made to wait outside for them. Rainey folded her arms and leaned against the window staring at the clouds above her. It was so unfair that she was being made to stand outside while they were deciding her future.

Caspian hated getting up early to go into the city and thankfully it wasn't something he had to do very often. Unfortunately as his mother had a rare day off and errands to run in the city it meant she would be taking him and Zeke along with her. His brother was proving difficult as he usually did but Caspian dragged himself out of bed and quickly dressed. After helping his mother tame Ezekiel they were ready to go. It was near impossible to keep Zeke still for more than a few seconds so apparation wasn't an option for their mother so instead they used the floo network to arrive at a nearby pub.

Once they were on the streets Caspian was given the freedom of the nearby area, a fact Zeke didn't like as he would continue to be dragged around by their mother. Caspian hugged his mother, promised to stay close and ran off hoping to find a fun shop to poke his nose in. Caspian decided to break his promise to his mother and wondered a few streets further than usual and rounded an unfamiliar corner and smack. He fell backwards onto the floor and looked up expecting to see a lamppost but instead saw a girl. "Oh no," He said horrified as he got to his feet. "Sorry I err, wasn't looking,"

Completely in her own world she hadn't heard the heavy footsteps of the boy that was about to smash into her. If she had, she would have definitely saved herself the incoming pain and moved out of way, or maybe kick out her foot to trip him up instead. Either way, both scenarios would have resulted in him on the floor. In the scenario that actually happened both of the individuals were on the floor. Rainey had her legs taken out from under her and she got up immediately, fuming. She looked at the person who had caused her the injury "what the hell? Do you not look where you're going?" she demanded, rubbing her back. She was definitely not going to help the boy up when it was his fault they both ended up on the floor in the first place. "Here I was, minding my own business. Dreading what on earth my parents might say one they get out of that hole" she said gesturing to the building behind her "and now here you come along and push me to the floor. All before lunch time too! Can this day get any worse?" she whined.

Once she refused to help him up Caspian pulled himself to his feet and smiled at the girl. "Actually no I don't look where I'm going, not generally," He laughed trying to shake the whole thing off as a joke. "Hey I said I'm sorry, what's got you so worked up? What exactly are your parents in there doing?" He asked wondering if what it was her parents were up to were making her hostile. "If things have started bad then surely the day can only get better? Caspian beamed at her. Even with the girls hostile demeanor he couldn't help but be positive, if he played his cards right he might be able to salvage the situation and make a new friend.

Rainey's eyes narrowed, this boy was trying to joke with her but she was far too angry to join in with him. She folded her arms and pouted "well you should because things like this can happen. Not everyone is as easy going as me you know!" she warned him. However, the boy seemed concerned and Rainey was in two minds whether to reveal to this boy her inner thoughts, he certainly hadn't earned it but he was the only person her own age around her and if she was supposed to be going to a dance school in the area it would be good to have someone who was from there, who knew it well and who could show her all the best places. She softened a little and decided to let the boy in on the situation. She gestured for him to get a little closer "it's something terrible" she said, taking a deep breath "my parents are making me move from my wonderful dance school in San Fransisco to a lousy one here in Los Angeles" she said, pulling a face. "Ugh, I don't see the point. They're saying there are better schools here with better programmes. Bla bla bla. But I don't want to to move. I like it where I am" she stated, stamping her foot in anger.

Caspian struggled not to laugh when the girl tried to suggest that she was easy going. How she was acting wasn't his idea of easy going but at least it sounded like she wasn't going to keep yelling him. "I'll try to be more careful," He said struggling to keep a straight face. The topic soon seemed to become serious when the girl began to tell him what it was she was doing hanging outside a random building. It turned out the building was a dance school and her parents were inside checking it out with a view to moving her to it. "That sucks I guess but LA is awesome you'll love it her I promise and if you do move here we can hang out when you're not at school," Caspian beamed at the girl. They had just met but maybe they could become friends as he didn't have many his own age since he didn't go to any kind of school and wouldn't be until he joined his siblings at Hogwarts.

Rainey nodded at the boy when he agreed to be more careful from now on. She was glad that he took her warning seriously, how many other people might he knock over if he wasn't careful? "I guess?! I guess?!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air "It's the worst! It's horrible!" she complained. Rainey rolled her eyes when the boy decided to tell her how great LA was "I doubt it's as good as San Fransisco" she scoffed, all she wanted to do was to stay at home for as long as she could before she was carted off to New Zealand, that was a whole different ball game. However, the boy said something that interested her "hang out? You want to hang out with me?" she asked him. The boy hardly knew her yet he was being incredibly friendly and kind. Maybe she had ought to give him a chance?

Caspian couldn't believe he was listening to someone suggest that San Francisco was better than Los Angeles. He was trying to befriend the girl so he wouldn't challenge her on it. The girl seemed surprised that he suggested hanging out when she was in town and that he was being as nice as he was. Caspian shrugged his shoulders, he didn't think he was being particularly nice he was just being himself. "Of course, what are the chances that I bump into someone my own age who is moving here, how can we not be friends?" He beamed at her. He knew that any friends he made now he would likely not see much when he went to New Zealand next year but that wasn't something he wanted to think about just yet.

Rainey cocked her head to one side, she supposed the boy was making sense and it was nice that he was making the effort to be friendly, although, there was still a little bit of doubt at the back of her mind making her wonder about his intentions. She tried to put those thoughts behind her and tried her best to smile at the boy "okay, you're on!" she replied, crossing her arms "if I move here you're going to have to show me all the best places then!" Rainey always loved finding new places to explore and it was even better when you had someone to share those places with. "Friends" she stated, holding out her hand for the boy to shake.

Caspian beamed as the girl seemed to agree to the two of them being friends. That was easier than he expected especially given how they had literally met by bumping into each other and she hadn't taken too kindly to it. "Oh of course, I can show you all the hotspots, though currently I've come a bit further afield than I usually do I'm just trying to broaden my horizons so to speak," So far the only thing Caspian had found was a new friend, so far no new places to show her. "I'm Caspian by the way, friends it is," He added beaming at her.

Rainey frowned "You've never been this far? You told me LA was the best. I assumed you'd seen all of it to make that claim" she teased. "You know what? I'm bored of waiting for them. I didn't want to be here in the first place. Lets go!" she announced, peeling herself from the window and setting off down the road. Rainey looked behind her to see the boy still standing there "you coming or...?" she called "the name's Rainey" she said as she continued to saunter down the street.

Caspian laughed when Rainey told him that she'd expected him to have seen all of LA. "Dude I'm ten and LA is a huuuuge city," Caspian rubbed his hands together when she pulled herself off the wall and announced that she was bored and wanted to move on. "Heck yeah I'm coming wait up Rainey," Caspian followed her and pulled slightly ahead of her. "This way," He called taking her hand and pulling her into the alley where he came from so he could lead her to the high street he came from.

Rainey shrugged her shoulders at the boy's answer "just means there is more of LA to discover for us two" she smiled not too bothered about the boy's lack of knowledge. This way, it would be an adventure for the both of them. She beamed when the boy showed an incredible amount of enthusiasm for what they were about to do. His attitude was infectious and she could feel her bad mood slowly melting away the longer she spent time with the boy. She decided already that Caspian would be good for her and she was eager to keep this friendship. She let the boy pull her in the right direction which led them out on to a high street. Rainey looked around and saw rows and rows of shops; clothes and food. She turned to Caspian "so where are we going?" she asked him.

"That's the spirit lets go," Caspian always liked wondering around and finding new things but it was even more fun when he had someone to do it with him. Caspian led Rainey through the alley way and out to the section of the street he was more familiar with. There were a few nearby stores, a bookstore, a clothing store and what looked like a thrift store. Caspian smiled as he thought of an idea. "Lets go root around the thrift store, see if we can find something cool or annoy some adults," He shrugged his shoulders. "Or both,"

Rainey beamed when Caspian returned her enthusiasm, the two seemed to just bounce off each other and she was actually enjoying herself despite their unfortunate meeting earlier. "That's such a good idea!" she replied, jumping on the spot, excited to get into the thrift shop "we're going to find such good stuff in there" she said as she led Caspian into the shop. It was relatively busy which was the perfect cover for Rainey and Caspian to cause some mischief. She headed straight over to a particularly large hat and placed it on her head "what do you think? Definitely me right?"

Caspian was glad that Rainey was so onboard with his idea. The two had got off to a rough start so he hadn't expected her to warm to him the way she seemed to have. He made his way into the store along with Rainey and they both fanned out to look through the racks at what they could find. "I love the hat, do a spin," Caspian said laughing. After admiring the hat he went into the racks and pulled out an oversized fur coat and threw it on himself. "What do you think? Do I rock this or don't I?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back