OOC First Name
Mia
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Ngawaiata
the year was just starting and sky had missed hanging out with Giulia. she was one of her best friends they hadn't been able to meet up all over the break and they ad both been caught up over the end of last semester they hadn't hung out much. but this afternoon that were going to hang out and spend some time together. the problem was that it was winter. if it had been summer she would have suggested hanging out in the garden or by the lake. but today it was raining, and while sky liked the cold the thought of sitting in the rain was not appealing. they had decided to instead have a bit of an indoor picnic. she had some lollies she had brought from the nice lady in the sweet shop and some other snacks from the kitchen and headed up to the north tower. she sat down and started eating a grape whilst she waited for Giulia to come.

The more Giulia tried not to think about her problems, the more they seemed to bother her. She knew she should be happy for Molly and Felix, but every time she thought about them dating her stomach twisted into angry knots. She'd admired Felix from afar for so long, and someone she thought she could call a friend had just swept in and gotten him like it was nothing. She shouldn't really be surprised. Molly was one of those pretty, popular girls that things just seemed to go right for. Nothing like geeky, sad Giulia. She knew she should be in a better mood for her picnic with Sky, but it was hard to perk herself up as she made her way up the tower to meet the Hufflepuff. She did her best to put on a smile as she entered the room, carrying a basket of cupcakes she had gotten from the kitchen. "Hi!"

sky heard footsteps approaching echoing up the stairs she hoped it was Giulia. it sounded like her slightly flat walk, but she wasn't entirely sure. when the person entered she smiled when she saw one of her best friends holding cupcakes. "Hi" she said getting up. "I like your socks. How was your holiday?" she asked

Giulia grinned when she saw Sky, trying to put away her worries and focus on spending time with her best friend. "Oh, thanks!" She said to the unexpected compliment, looking down. She hadn't really thought much about her socks today, a Wonder Woman sock on her right foot and a bright blue one covered in kiwis on her left. They were rather cute, she supposed. "The holiday was good, I got to go back to France and see my mama." She smiled. "Good timing, because Louis and Papa keep fighting." She rolled her eyes. "How was yours?"

Sky smiled when Giulia said that she got to go back to France to see her mama. "That would have been nice" she started before changing her thoughts "what do they fight about?" she asked. with Nolan fighting with his parents, and Louis fighting with his dad. maybe all boys fought with their parents. "mine was nice. I got to go back home too. Saw my bestes and had Sankt Hans Aften at home with them. we went to the holiday house for a while. and a folk music festival" she said. it had been a fun holiday and she hadn't wanted to leave the sunlight and come back to new sealant though she knew soon the wtories would be reversed with long days here and endless nights at home.

Bestes: Grandparents (short for besteforeldre)
Sankt Hans Aften: Saint hans eve. the Norwegian mid summer celebration celebrated with large bonfires and burning witches

Giulia nodded when Sky said France would be nice, though she sighed at the change of subject. "Louis's behaviour." She said heavily, rolling her eyes. "He's out of control, and he just won't listen when Papa tries to remind him of the rules. He keeps saying Papa can't tell him what to do when he was worse at our age, which is true, but..." She sighed. "It's just annoying." It was a relief hearing about Sky's holiday, and she couldn't help wishing hers had been so nice. "Oh, that sounds fun! How was the festival?"

As Giulia spoke about her brother. Niamh was grateful that she was an only child. everything anyone said about brothers seemed to be that they always disrupted the family balance. and maybe her name was prophetic but she did like harmony. not that she blamed all brothers for that, for some it wasn't their fault. "I'm glad that I don't have brothers. they sound like a huge torment. next holiday if things get too much come over I don't think we are going anywhere" she said. she would have some shifts at honeydukes but having giulia over would be fun. we could have a sleepover" she said. maybe having a sibling would have been good for her meaning she would have spent less time alone as a child. however she kind of liked her own space and quiet. the festival was good. i got to see some great performers and played a couple of songs with mum and it had a very fun atmosphere" she said. sheh ad been to that festival a few times in the past and always had a good time this time in particular was interesting as it was the first time she had gone since leaving norway and she had started to realise she naturally started talking english to people rather than Norwegian. which, in the festival, was useful. but she knew she needed to keep up with her mother tongue.

Giulia giggled slightly, nodding in agreement. She loved Louis, but he was a gigantic pain at the best of times. If her parents hadn't been separated before she was actually born, Giulia would have wondered if she was adopted, with how different she was from her father and brother. "A sleepover would be fun!" She grinned, already excited at the thought of getting away from her family to come spend time with Sky. She liked spending part of the holidays in France with her mum, but when she was back in Aotearoa it'd be nice to have an escape from the chaos at home. She felt a small pang of longing as Sky described her holidays, nodding in agreement. "That would be amazing." She said, hoping her jealousy didn't show in her voice.

Harmony was excited. a sleepeover wuld be so much fun. her head was already spiralling with all the sleepover activities she knew about. we can watch bad movies, eat lots of lollies and talk about people we think are cute she said. She had finally made a few best friends at school. Renata and Molly who were her dorm mates so she had sleep overs with them so often it had lost the novelty other than at the start of semester. unfortunately she she was not in the same house as giulia even though there were some days that she thought she would have done well in Ravenclaw. how have we not had a proper sleepover yet. We should absolutely do it. Make it a holiday tradition. she said. Though she figured it was only last semester they realised they lived in the same town and they had both been visiting family last holiday.

Slumber parties were something that happened to other girls, to popular girls in movies who had other girls to gossip and pillow fight with. Giulia had never even thought of the possibility of having one, especially since starting boarding school, a seven year slumber party. But the idea of having a sleepover with Sky was exciting, and she nodded eagerly, imagining how much fun they could have. “Yeah!” She said brightly, fizzing with excitement. “We can have one every holiday!” She paused, thinking about it for a moment. “We should go to yours though. If we go to my house we'll have to deal with Louis.” She added, pulling a face.

Sky nodded when giulia said that they should have a sleepover every holiday. she had had Renata over for a sleepover the winter before last but she ad a feeling one with Giulia would be a lot different. deffinatly a lot less double thinking as she had had a massive crush on Renata at the time. "yes. every holiday. and we can hang out other days too." she said. she thought about all the fun things they could do on the sleepover. my dad will be happy i actually have a friend nearby i can hang out with. we can go into town and, it will be so fun. i will make sure i get plenty of lollies from work" she said she had always ad a massive sweet tooth and a sleepover was the perfect excuse to gorge out on sweets. although he had never really said it she knew her dad had been worried that she hadn't made any close friends back at home. he had encouraged her to go out with or invite over the other girls from school. but she had always been so different from them. not only have to hide magic but other differences like how she saw the world through music and even how her Norwegian wasn't as good as theirs and she had an accent and said things wrong sometimes mixing in English words much to their delight. her friends here were so much different. almost everyone had a different accent and well magic was a part of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back