Hey Mr. Man.

Maia Purdue

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4 Essence of Phoenix Ash
Maia had just been stocking items in Scrivenshafts-her shop, when a woman had walked in and offered her an audition! Now, she was out shopping, leaving the shop in the care of her assistants. She skipped as she walked along-she was on a mission-finding clothes for the audition. She was glad that her second job was in a fashion magazine-only a week before, they'd done an article on how to impress, and this was a time to impress. She was walking toward Makutu mall-away from bleak street, when she saw that her shoelace was untied. She bent over to tie, tripping over as she did so. She fell forward, catching herself just in time. "Opps." she laughed, passers-by may think what they wanted, they may see a crazy young girl, laughing, while lying down in the middle of the street, but that's not what she was. She was a young, confident woman-who , for the second time-had her dreams coming true.

She picked herself back up again and kept walking. she ended up outside a colourful shop window, and sat down on the windowsill, crossing her legs in front of her, she smiled to herself. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and people were happy. Today was a good day and she intended to sit back, relax and enjoy it.

Antonio Cabri stood against a wall in Obsidian Harbour. It had been a good few days and nights and now Ant had planned to have some quality time by himself. He seemed to have made a good first-impression on the Ladies in New Zealand and he was loving that he had now made lots of friends without hardly trying to. But Ant had had quite enough of one-night stands now, he was ready to make some friends who he didn't plan on kissing any-time soon. Some would say that sometimes the answer to what you are looking for just falls into your life, and that was exactly what just happened to Antonio.

He watched the girl trip then laugh, Antonio quickly laughed quietly to himself as he watched the girl get-up. He was glad that she was okay, he would have felt so guilty if she hadn't of been. As the girl began to walk again, Ant jogged over to her. "Hey.....I saw you fall-over just now...I just wanted to make sure that you were okay..." He told her in his strong Italian accent. Of course, Ant knew that the girl was okay really, he had seen her laugh then get-up again, but it was a good conversation started for the two of them.

Maia looked up as a man jogged over. "Oh I'm fine, spiffing, excellent, amazing." Maia smiled, in her cultured English accent as he asked her a question. She was a bit of a drama queen, in ways and tended to make funny remarks or say something crazy-yes that was Maia. "Maia Purdue, Actress, Shopkeeper and assistant to Ms. Elizabeth Wang at your service." she smiled, extending her hand, for him to shake. She patted the seat beside her and said with purpose. "Sit." she doubted he'd decline, after all-she was a conversationalist and tended to draw people in. "So, what are you doing here on this fine day?" she asked, pushing her hat back out of her eyes.

She shuffled her feet around on the ground, as was her habit and looked at passers-by. "It was kind of you to come and check if I'm okay-not many people would do that in today's busy social beliefs, one couldn't be seen talking to a crazy young lady, who had just tripped over her own feet." Maia laughed, she had been refered to as crazy many times. Lately she had been more relaxed and shy-her confidence shaken, but meeting this producer was exactly what she needed for an ego-boost.

Ant was relieved to hear it from the girl herself, that she was actually, truly okay. "Phewf, that's good to hear." He told her, taking a seat next to hear as she had requested as Ant listened to her babble no about something or other. He happily shook the girls hand, that was usually the man's job, but he wasn't all that bothered by it. "Antonio Cabri...Italian Docor...recently moved here...but you can call me Ant..." He said with a charming smile, it wasn't intended, but his smile was a brilliant one.

"And don't you worry..." He continued as he heard her last few sentences. "It was out of the goodness of a true gentlemen to check that a lady such as you is okay after she falls." Ant told her, his strong Italian Accent really showing through his speech now. "Besides...I would never have forgiven myself if you hadn't been okay..." He trailed off, glad that he had already seemed to have made himself a new friend.

Maia smiled at the new arrival. Antonio, a nice name. "Alright Ant, welcome to New Zealand, I've been here a year, since I moved from England." She matched his dazzling smile, with her own, wide, white-toothed stage-smile. One needed to have a big smile at the ready at any moment. She intended to make friends with Antonio, she had lost touch lately and hadn't met many people, she was enjoying just being alone.

"I won't worry, every time I've fallen, there's always been a gentleman there to catch me." Maia replied, sweetly, but there was a slight hint of sadness in her voice. It was true, but no gentleman ever seemed true to his word. She hid it well though and smiled brightly. "Well, I am, so you can cross me off your list." she grinned, lifting her head confidently. "Seriously though-thank you." she added, with a friendly wink.

"Thank-you, and it's not a problem my Lady." He told her in a very gentlemanly manner as he began to feel a little awkward about everything. What did he talk about now? "So you're an actress.....as I seem to remember hearing from you just now? How's the career going?" He asked in a friendly voice, hoping he'd be able to shut-up for a while whilst she blabbered on about her acting career. Antonio was glad that he had finally found a girl who wasn't interested in him for love or his good-looks, but just purely as a friend. As much as Ant loved receiving such close attention from girls, he didn't want to tire himself out by charming his way around every girl in town. After all, he hadn't been here long, he didn't want to become unwanted/unloved so soon. So Ant was being careful that he didn't become 'type-cast' as they would say in the acting world.

"Yes, it's alright, I'm after finding an agent. I was quite successful back home, but that's a whole other rigamarole." Maia smiled, brightly and openly. She was good at this kind of thing, a conversationalist her father called her. "A lady called Kathy Johnsen, she found me singing in my shop and is thinking of giving me a contract." Maia smiled yes today was a good. Day. "So-what about you?" she asked, she didn't like talking about herself too much and wanted to hear more about Antonio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back