Hey moon, don't you go down

Amara Austin

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Hazel Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Pixie Dust
</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">A thick roar of laughter filled the dining room as Amara's father finished explaining his most recent adventure in Mexico. He had just returned from a two week trip to Mexico where he had been busy collecting various types of art there. Although Amara was happy to have him back home, a part of her didn't miss him being back. He had only been back home a couple of days, but he really had yet to spend any time with just his actual family instead of potential clients or friends. Amara was used to it these days though. He was always busy dealing with work related things. That was no big deal to her. What was a big deal however, was the wife of her father's best friend. The woman better known in Amara's as the b*tch who helped her father cheat. Amara could deal with her father being busy a lot. She could also deal with him rarely ever being home to spend time with her. But she couldn't deal with the memory of what she saw between the two of them. It broke her heart to know that her father was one of the many dishonorable men that existed in the world. The very ones that he told his precious baby girl to watch out for. Amara wasn't sure if her father was the type to trust anymore. No one else but she knew of his dishonorable actions. If Amara had her way no one but her ever would know either. The last thing she would want to do was break her mother's heart. 'I need to get out of this room. The longer I sit in here, the more likely I am to dump a glass of wine over this b*tches head.' Amara dropped her fork and excused herself from the dinner table. She pushed her seat back and got out of it as quickly as possible. There was no way she could sit there anymore and keep all the feelings she had running through her inside. the family they were having dinner with had a son apparently, but he wasn't in right now. Thankfully. The thought of seeing someone procreated by the host of this dinner kind of made her queasy in the stomach. Amara didn't bother to pull her shoes on before she opened the glass door that lead to the back yard and the shoreline. The Green's were lucky enough to have a house located next to the ocean. It had the prettiest scenery. Especially with the sun setting the way it was. The sky looked like it was on fire nearly.

Amara headed out onto the boardwalk as her mind sunk deeper and deeper into thought. Amara wanted to tell someone about her dad. It made her scared to ever love someone. What if they too were unfaithful? Amara knew people could change, and that sometimes things just happened. But it scared her to think that she could love someone one day, that loved someone else more. 'Great dad. You've ruined the concept of love for me. Awesome.' Amara sighed and walked further down the boardwalk. Her feet making soft noises against the old wood. When Amara reached the edge of the dock she sat down on the edge. Her pale toes barely dipped themselves into the cold water as she tested to see just how cold. It wasn't too bad. Amara finally submerged her feet into the water. The sun was so bright it nearly burned Amara's eyes looking out onto the ocean. So instead she gazed into the water. Amara was never good at making decisions. Would she forever keep the secret that her father was a cheater, or would she eventually tell someone? Amara wasn't sure what to do. Both decisions sucked. Amara just needed to determine which of the two sucked less. Or perhaps she could run away to some foreign country and never return? That way she could just avoid her problems all together. Amara bit her glossy lips and stood up. Maybe if she thought on it a little bit longer she would have an answer.

Amara was about to turn and leave, but paused when she thought she saw something in the water. Maybe it was a cute little fish. Amara leaned over the edge a little bit to get a better look. But that was probably her first mistake. Amara kept looking for a minute or so. But when she went to stand up, she felt a pair of hands land land on her back and give her a strong nudge. "AHH!" Amara yelped when she realized that this nudge was just strong enough to keep her from regaining her balance. Struggling did her no good at Amara felt her thin body fall right into the dark ocean where the chilly water engulfed her completely.​
<i>
</i>

James was thankful to be out of school for the time being. The longer he spent hanging around the idiots in that place the more temperamental he got. Perhaps if his peers weren't such complete idiots it wouldn't be so bad. But he was stuck there another year. One more year of being put through hell day after day. Then he was free to do as he wished. That was, if his Nazi parents allowed it. 'If they don't allow it, I'll make them allow it. They hardly have the right to tell me what to do anymore.' James grinned darkly to himself as she paced his way up the gravel driveway. He had been staying with some friends the past couple of days. It was the only way he could really avoid his parents and remain at home. He came home tonight only because he heard through the grapevine that they were having company tonight. Dinner with company always turned out to be interesting in James' opinion. His father had interesting friends. James fully intended on winning them over just like he did with the rest of his father's friends. He loved making others think he was the most wonderful boy while he was really the complete opposite. It was like he was making his own little fan base. James entered his home and noticed his parents were already having a discussion of some sort. But that didn't interest him. Nor did care about Mexico. What did catch his interest however, was the figure of a young girl exiting the room through the glass door. 'Hm. This could be interesting.' James smirked to himself again and follow after her. His parents didn't even notice him either so he was in luck.

The girl was on the dock. She appeared to be deep in thought as she approached the edge. That gave James a terrible idea. Brilliant, but terrible. James often took it upon himself to bother girls whenever possible. Especially the ugly ones. In his mind, they deserved it for being as irritating and shrill as they were. James continued to follow after the girl until he was close enough to where he could touch her. And just as she stood up, he put both of his hands on her back and gave her small shove. The girl yelped and fell right into the water below. James couldn't help but laugh. Even as she broke to the surface. James found it even more hilarious when she narrowed her eyes at him. "Sorry! I thought you were a burglar!" James lied. This girl was pretty damn cute. But boy did she look mad right now. She must not be a fan of the water. James continued to laugh until he was splashed with what felt like a gallon of ice cold water. Now it was his turn to glare.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">The moment Amara's body became fully engulfed within the cold ocean water, instincts took over completely. Amara's legs kicked until her head broke the surface and Amara was able to breath without taking in water. Amara inhaled as much air as her lungs could take in as she wasn't able to really take a good breath before she fell in because the shove had taken her by surprise. Amara pushed aside some of her straw blonde hair and huffed. She detested the feeling of wet clothing and hair against her skin. It was enough to make her shudder. Amara continued to brush her hair aside until she her blue eyes were able to fall onto the boy that caused all of this. Immediately Amara narrowed her eyes. His excuse for pushing her in was one of the lamest excuses she ever heard. Honestly. "What could I possibly steal? The ocean?" Amara asked snottily. There was nothing out here for her to steal. Plus she was looking out at the ocean so it wasn't like she was headed up to the house to steal something. For a moment she considered throwing a handful of ocean sand at his ugly face for pushing her in like that. Well he wasn't terribly ugly. But he still deserved a face full of sand. Amara couldn't believe her brand new clothes were ruined so easily. It must have been because it was that woman's house. That sl*t her father was having an affair with. Because of her, Amara's life was cursed. Even the house wanted her to have an awful time. Amara swam over to the dock with every intention of getting out and storming back up to the house. She wanted to go home and she wanted to go home now. But the moment she got to the dock she was shocked to see the boy actually bend down and offer a hand to her. "Hu-huh?" Amara stuttered. She was surprised to see that he offered his hand to her. Especially after he did that. A part of her didn't want to trust him. Especially because he was an ass to begin with for pushing her in. But it only took one time of looking at his face for her to reconsider her thoughts. He looked so...sincere. Amara blinked before she flushed. Amara wasn't sure what possessed her to take the boy's hand. But she did.

He easily helped her up onto the deck. Water dripped in heavy amounts off of Amara's clothing and onto the deck. She was soaked. Her clothes were ruined. Her hair was ruined. So was her night. The boy stepped forward and looked like he was about to stay something to Amara, but Amara didn't even hesitate to learn forward and slap him square across the face. "That's pushing me into the ocean." Amara hissed. She studied him carefully. He was looking at her as if she had something attached to her face. Amara's fingers drifted up to her face. Her fingers trailed across her skin. She felt nothing. No bugs, or fish, or seaweed. Nothing that would cause him to look at her like he was. Amara's analytical personality was starting to kick in. Most of the time people saw her to be this naive little blonde that did little more than decorate the world, but she was pretty good at reading and studying people. There was something off about this boy but at the same time inviting. It was mostly in his eyes. It was something about his eyes. "I'm going inside." Amara found herself wanting to just go away. This was more than enough for her right now. Miss goody two-shoes was over here finding herself somewhat attracted to some ******* that had pushed her into the ocean. She must be more lonely than she thought she was.​
<i>
</i>

James had to hold back his laughter. Oh she was quite feisty wasn't she. James remembered his mother telling him that Mr. Austin had the cutest little daughter. There was no way he thought that his mother was actually going to be right about this one. Normally his mother had no taste whatsoever. "Well no. Not the Ocean per se." James used his fingers to do those little quotation signs. He then gave the girl a malicious and teasing smile. He knew it was probably going to upset her. But it barely mattered. Because that was what he wanted. He wanted to see her squirm. Particularly because girls were always much more amusing when they were pissed off. They threw their little tantrums and tried to act all tough. But they were never anything too scary. Especially not in James' eyes. This one was a skinny little blonde who was cute yes, but not much more than that. James took a second to try and read her. Of course it was obvious that she was a little princess who got whatever she wanted and when she wanted. Not to mention she felt like she was much more tough than she looked. All James would have to do was lean over and shove her into the Ocean again. James smirked and opened his mouth to retort on how funny she sounded right now, but instead she leaned over and smacked him across the face for shoving her into the water. James had to curl his fingers into his hand to keep from punching that b*tch right upside the face. Who did she think she was? He was James f*cking Green! He had all the wealth in the world. He had all the looks in the world, and he didn't need to stand here and take this from some skinny little blonde. James resisted the urge to smack her but instead came up with a better idea. No one slapped James Green and got away with it. This girl was about to find that out.

Just as she was about turn and head inside James' own hand flew out and took a hold of her tiny wrist. "Wait! I'm sorry! James forced himself to look sincere. At least enough so that she would believe what he said to her. "It's just that I think you're really cute. I have no idea how to act around pretty girls so I always end up doing stuff like that. Please forgive me?" James stared into her eyes. Well as best as he could. After all she was kind of staring him down. He was pretty sure that she could slap him at any minute. If she slapped him again he would wrap his fingers around her pretty little throat and show her what happened when he was slapped. James had aggression problems. He was already on probation for them. But since this pretty little thing had yet to know that, he would keep his problems out of her life. "My name is James by the way. Would you like to take a walk with me? We can go get some ice cream or something." He released her arm. He tried to force the anger he felt aside and gave her a meek smile. Would she trust him and take his offer? After all she did seem like a silly little blonde girl who knew nothing about relationships. If she took his offer she was definitely going to learn something about it. James would make sure of that.

</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#000">This guy was just stupid and lame. Honestly. First he pushed her into the water for no reason, then he felt like he could con her into wanting to hang out with him. No. Absolutely not. Amara could handle herself around guys like him just fine. Plus in a way he sort of reminded her of that damned woman inside. The one that was constantly all over her father. Perhaps he was the son she kept referring about or something? Amara didn't care nor did she want to know. When she went to turn and he grabbed her wrist Amara turned to look at him in a clumsy fashion. He was going to make this a lot harder then she had hoped he would. "Well that explains why you're single then." Amara replied softly as she attempted to yank her wrist away. She didn't care if that was the way he acted around girls or not. That was not the way she wanted to be treated. Amara got enough of it from her older brother when he was around. Amara's arm was finally released by James' and she recoiled it back as quickly as she could. She was most definitely ready to get away from this house and go home. Amara turned to leave but James made one last attempt at getting her to stay. This time it actually sounded somewhat promising though. Amara bit her lip so she wouldn't smile or show any signs of being happy he had asked. Yes he was a jerk. But he knew that she had a weakness for sweets. Amara didn't want to go along so easily though. Because he did ruin her outfit after all. "Ice cream? What do you think I am? Twelve?" Amara smirked and glanced back at James. Yeah, she rejected his sorry ass. But that was what he got for pushing her into the Ocean, ruining her clothes, then thinking she would just fall into his arms. Amara turned away and started to walk away.
Months Later:
'This was stupid. So, so stupid. I never should have come with him.' Amara thought to herself lightly as she ran her fingers over her arm in an attempt to warm her body up. James was in one of his moods tonight. Those moods were he became hard to deal with. Amara was sometimes afraid of him when he was in that kind of mood. He did get aggressive and he also got pretty mean. But as his girlfriend, Amara found it important to be by his side when he needed her the most. That was her philosophy. Amara approached James, who was sitting by the fire, his legs pulled up to his chest. Amara didn't know what made him always be this way, but she tried her best to help him. Perhaps it was his mother. Anyone could lose their mind after an hour with that woman. Seriously. Amara approached James and carefully lowered herself so she was on her knees in front of him. Amara was worried that she would only end up upsetting him more, but she had to do something. He needed her. Amara leaned forward and kiss his forehead as her hands found themselves on his face. "Come on. Let's go home. We can have some sundae's or sit by the beach or..." Amara stopped when she felt James' hands on her shoulders. Instead of giving her a hug or anything romantically sweet, he shoved her backwards roughly. Amara didn't even have time to yelp in surprise or anything before she fell backwards. James then brushed her aside and stood up. The bastard even walked away a little bit.

"I am trying to help you!" Amara hissed as she stood up and brushed herself off and made sure nothing was scratched. Sure she might not have been what he saw in a girl but she tried to be the best she could be. James often reminded her that she was naive and innocent. He said that would ruin her. A man would come along one day and destroy her. Amara was already afraid to love because of her father. But when James reminded her of the person she was and how guys weren't attracted to that sort of thing, it made her feel like she was wasting her time with all of this. Amara walked over to James again but instead he glared at her. Why was he so upset? All she was trying to do was help him and try to make him feel better. But all he was doing was getting mean and aggressive with her.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back