Here there, take a left?

Ashton Valley

OOC First Name
Ash
Wand
Springy Black Ash Twist Wand 13" with Meteorite Dust
Ashton had decided he was going to get to know his way around and so set out to Brightstone village, a place he had barely gone to. As he reached the first set of houses and buildings he started wandering around, memorizing each street name and ally he passed. Ashton prized himself on having a perfect photographic memory. He glanced around at a few shops and memorized them as well incase he stayed long enough to get something to eat.

He found himself thinking of home and other subjects that led his mind to stray from the present and led him wandering aimlessly and unknowingly through the streets. Once his mind finally was content enough to settle back to the present once more he had found himself at a crossroad....and he had no idea where. Ashton wasn't the person to fret so easily and just gave a slight sigh and pondered what to do. He slipped his guitar down around in front of him and lent back against the closest lamp post. He picked sweet tune as he thought. Playing music helping him think, relax and pretty much everything else.

Selena checked and rechecked the map that she had been given. Her aunt had purchased it for her at one of the crazy looking shops before claiming exhaustion and leaving her to her own devices while she went back to the Inn they were staying at. Looking left and right, Selena figured she was in the right area at least but she couldn't be sure. One cobbled street looked pretty much like another to her.

As she strolled down yet another one, her mind wondered briefly to the strange kids she had come across here so far. All magical in some way or another obviously but they dressed so pecualiarly. Robes and hats that she would have said were ideal for halloween but for normal everyday attire? Would she be expected to wear such garments too? Her jeans and sweater were adequate enough for her and decided that they would just have to do the magical world as well. Not paying attention to where she was going she all but collided with a boy playing with his guitar.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" she rifled in her jeans pocket and took out a few sickles and tossed them to the ground by the boys feet. She hadn't realised that the magical community had buskers as well. She wondered why he didn't place a cup or hat down to catch the money though.

Ashton was once again letting his mind flick through memory's of streets and trying to figure out where he was when someone bumped into him. He gave a slight noise and looked at the person.
It was a girl around his age... or maybe abit younger. She apologized and chucked a few sickles down by his feet. At first he had a slight offended look before giving a slight laugh, he scooped the sickles up and pressed them back into her hand. "I'm no busker" He said with a smile on his face, "Just lost" his voice hand a slight English lilt to it.

Selena felt the colour rise quickly to her cheeks as the boy retrieved the money and returned it to her letting her know that he wasn't a busker.
"Oh my gosh, I am so doubly sorry now" was apologising the only thing she was capable of,she didn't dare contemplate what he must be thinking. The fact that he had admitted to being lost had not escaped her though and like a silly fool she waved the map she had been carrying, before realising she had just made a Baby from Dirty Dancing faux pas.
'Yep I might as well have said I was carrying watermelons' She was possibly being too hard on herself but she felt completely out of her depth here, this was the first magical person and one her own age that she got to speak to. No wonder she was nervous. She looked up to look at him properly and smiled as best she could.
"I meant I have a map" she lowered the article in question as she rolled her eyes at her own foolishness.

Ashton let out another slight chuckle, the girl seemed nervous. He wondered if it was because she came from a non magical family? He didn't seem to notice her waving the article around but when she said she had a map another grin crossed his face "Brilliant" He said, delighted. She still seemed rather nervous to him so he decided he would try get some conversation going, "I take it you don't live around here?" he asked his eyes locking down onto hers. His words flowed easily with his English lilt.

Selena smiled at him then, she even went so far as to tell herself she was beginning to relax perhaps it was how he smiled at her or the fact that he talked with such a homely accent. Her mind snapped awake almost instantly, out of all the accents she had heard today his was the most like anyone from home. Her own gentle English accent was not as pronounced thanks to all the elocution lessons she had been sent to growing up but his reminded her instantly of double decker red buses, fish and chips, rain and well, just basically home.
She passed the map to him hoping he could make better sense of it than she could. It all appeared to move about the page which was rather disturbing.
No, I'm from Kent in London. I take it your from England too?" [color]how could he not be but then again, it might just be some magic trick.
"I'm supposed to be attending the magic school next year so we're moving over here. My aunt and I" was that too much information now? Selena felt once more out of her depth.[/color]

He listened to her voice as she spoke and he heard the soft English accent, though he realized she must of had lessons cover it. Her facial features relaxed somewhat and he was pleased. When she passed him the map he glanced at it for all over about 3 seconds before murmuring an "Aha!"
She then asked if he was from London and he said warmly, "I was born there yes, but I've spent most of my life in Tasmania.." He wondered if she knew where that was. In his opinion it was one of the most brilliant places on earth. So clean and cool and much of its forest were still intact.

"Really, Tasmania? Wow" Selena eyed him with a look of awe, this trip to New Zealand had been the first time she had travelled this far south and so far as daunting as it was, it was also wonderful and breathtaking.
"Are there really Tazmanian devils there?" why her mouth was insisting on running away from her brain she did not know but surely it would stop at some point?
"Sorry" there was another apology incase he hadn't had enough already, "Favourite cartoon growing up was Taz, the erhm Tazmanian Devil". She didn't know if they had televisions in the magical world there was still so much she had to learn. Books were great but they only told you so much. She wondered briefly if he was all magical or like her part. A slight sigh escaped her before she composed herself and checked her manners.
"So you were lost? Are you close to where you wanted to be?" she hoped the map would help at least, right now she felt a good sit down was probably in order for herself.

(( omg I refreshed and deleted the WHOLE POST...god excuse the lateness of this one ))

"Yeah its beautiful" He said with a fond sigh. Ashton had a few flash memory's of home before he snapped back to reality to hear her ask if there really were Tasmanian devils like in the cartoons, to which he could do nothing but burst out laughing. He couldn't help it. Pulling himself upright, Ashton reduced to roar of laughter to a chuckle before pulling himself together properly and saying "No not like in the cartoons" A grin imprinted on his face.
He suddenly started rummaging around in his pocket for something, a photo of a Tassie Devil. Everyone seemed to want to know about them so he eventually just got a picture so he wouldn't have to explain as much. Finally finding it, he slipped it out and passed it to her.
Tassiedevil.jpg

"They look adorable don't they?" he said with a warm smile and a chuckle, waiting for her response. people always seemed so astounded that the 'devil' was so adorable.

(that's ok it happens to me too when I'm on my laptop) :r:

Selena cringed first as he laughed but then something inside her realised he wasn't necessarily laughing at her but with her, she grinned too delighted not to be feeling so awkward now. When he finally stopped he rummaged in his pocket before taking out a photograph. She smiled as she took it from him and then typical girly response ensued.
Her eyes widened, her mouth gaped in glee before a tiny girlish squeal emanated from it.
"Oh my word it is just adorable. The cartoon doesn't do them justice at all. I thought they'd be vicious looking things but they're just so cute" she wanted to gush some more but stopped herself just in time.
"Over reaction there, I tend to get that way over anything cute and cuddly" she had to stop herself from including that she could very easily have gotten that way on seeing him but thankfully that much she managed to refrain herself from.

( gah doing too much )

As she said it was adorable he couldn't helped but roll his eyes jokingly. He thought he had better explain the devil abit more. "Ok....well now picture its mouth opening to about 180 degrees..and emitting a growl that can travel kilometers" He said almost happily. He watched each little facial expression on her face and waited for her reaction

Selena's blue eyes widened once more in her head but this time in awe and shock and not girlish glee.
"Why would such a small creature need to open its mouth that wide for and make that much noise? Saying that though there are plenty of human babies that are as scary" she smiled pushing a lock of her blonde hair behind her ear as she became all too acutely aware of him staring at her.
"I wanted to be a vet once, I kind of still do just don't know if I'd cope with that kind of animal".

"To eat through anything of course...and it can" He said with a chuckle before he heard her comment about wanting to become a vet, "I love animals" He said fondly. "Alot of them are just misunderstood..." He ended with a slight smile. Ashton really didn't have much of a clue about the future and didn't really mind much. The past was then and the future was still far away and he had the present to live in.

Selena enjoyed the company of this boy, he was like a breath of fresh air after the initial apprehension of the magical world had laid claim to her.
"Are you a student at the magic school? Hogwarts?" she hoped he would say yes, but chances were there were probably tons of magic schools and he most likely didn't attend the one she would be.
The wind in that instant chose to pick up and blow her blonde hair about her face, she smiled as she swept it back in vain. Knowing full well it would be caught up like this continuously, so removing an elastic from her pocket she pulled her hair back from her face into a loose pony tail.
"Better" she smiled to herself.

(( whoops....wrong account ahem just PRETEND this was ashton xD unless you really want me to change it))

"No.." Ash said slowly trying to think of a way not to make things complected, he furrowed his brow for a few moments as he thought. "Well...I was attending Durmstrang" his voice filled with distaste, "Nasty place..." He hoped.. now that he was here, perhaps he might be able to attend Hogwarts. He watched her has she tied back her hair and smiled. "Im guessing your not either?" He asked thinking of how she added the 'magical' part to everything making herself sound unfamiliar with it all

{lol that's ok^_^ }

Selena smiled and shook her head, she didn't know about this other school that he mentioned.
"I'm starting in September actually. I didn't find out about my magical heritage until recently. Very long story" she didn't think it would be of interest to anyone really so didn't offer it up.
"Are you in a rush to go somewhere or would you fancy one of those mad cafe's that are around here. The drinks are great" her enthusiasm was quite evident. She had her first butter beer earlier on that day and was hooked big time.
She would have liked some company and considering that he was lost and she was close to being in the same predictament, she hoped he would join her.

(( sorry about short post I simply cant think atm. ))

"Ah I see" Ashton said understandingly as she said she had only found out she was magical recently. This seemed to happen to alot of people and so he really wasn't all that surprised.
"Oh no i'd love to.." He said with a grin. A drink would certainly get his mind off things, "Did you have any place in mind?" he asked while motioning his hand down along the streets.

[that's ok ;) ]

Selena smiled at him and looked up and down the street to see if there was a place even near to where they were now. She was almost certain that she had passed a cafe or restaurant of sorts about a block away.
"I think I may have seen one just down that way" she pointed in the direction of where she had come from, "You were lost though, was there a place you had to be or wanted to get to? Because that's no problem you know. I mean if there's a shop around here that can make a copy of the map then I can give you one so you're not lost anymore and I'll still be able to find my way back to the Inn later." she was beginning to ramble a bit now and wasn't sure why. She never rambled, her head according to her mother was too tightly screwed on and she was just way too sensible to have any verbal diatribe.

Ashton smiled as she asked if he wanted to go somewhere and perhaps get him another map. He wasn't one to show off but he couldn't help but do it every now and again, "Oh no no, It's alright..." He tapped his temple with a grin before motioning down one street and saying, "There's The Three Broom Sticks a few blocks down that way". His hand motioned over to another street, "Hogs head a fair way down there" He watched her more then what hew as doing to see her reaction, "Oh and Madam Puddifoots just down there".

Selena smiled one place sounded just as good as the other, she had only drank and ate so far at the Inn they were staying at and figuring they were all alike decided to leave the decision up to him.
"All sounds fine to me, I don't know any of them to be honest. So you choose whichever one serves the best butterbeer is the one we should go for though. I am now officially since today addicted to the stuff" she smiled, her eyes almost dancing as she did so.
Folding up the map which seemed to have been made redundant all of a sudden she put it into the back pocket of her denims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back