herbology revision

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda sat out on the grass beneath the large oak tree. She loved sitting beneath it's shade though this time of year it wasn't really necessary. The library was once again packed with students and the commonroom was also. She had taken her herbology notes and books and walked outside.

Andromeda knew that lately she was stepping back from hanging around with all her friends but she needed time to adjust and she hated lying to them when they asked her how she was. There seemed to be a deep sadness about her now. One that evident from her eyes, the windows to her soul. She didn't think she had one of those anymore. All the books she had read had said she was cursed but she hadn't killed a person so she hoped deeply that there in time would be some way back for her.

She spread her books about her and took out her quill, she took some notes and read through her books. Linking different species of plants with one another. Learning the theory of herbology and the different planting techniques. Andromeda leaned her back against the tree and smiled. She enjoyed this subject it was one of the few she hadn't had to break herself studying for, it in all honesty seemed to come easy to her. This she put down to having lived on the farm all her life. Well whether she seemed a natural or not at it, she was still determined not to take chances with her grades.

Andromeda emmersed her head once more in the herbology books and continued her revision.

Andromeda read over the notes she had also scribbled in the margin of her book, she turned the book to the side in order to read them better;

"Herbology is the study of magical plants and fungi, including their care and their magical properties and uses. Some magical plants form important ingredients in potions, while others have magical effects in their own right. We use magical plants to cure illnesses and to make life just a little bit better."

she smiled that had been taken down in her first herbology class. Andromeda closed her eyes for a moment. It seemed like such a long time ago now when it had only been a few months ago. Alot had happened since then, an awful lot.

"what's up Andy?" Brian asked walking towards her, she seemed to be going over her Herbology work, something Brian was keen on watching.

Andy opened her eyes at Brian's voice. "Hey", she smiled at him, "not alot just some revision before the exams. Herbology" She said as she held up one of her books for him to see.

"The library was pretty crowded so it was just as easy to come out here" Andromeda smiled again.

"I have no idea why you like Herbology so much" Brian said sitting down next to her "aern't you cold?" he asked shivering slightly, he wish he knew how to make flames.

Andy laughed and pointed to her oversized Gryffindor jumper, she had a more snug fitting one on underneath so she really wasn't feeling any cold or noticed it too much anymore really.

"I guess I like herbology because it's not complicated. Everything comes from the earth, you can plant the smallest of seeds and help it to grow. You can create the most amazing potions from different plants, cook with them, eat them. Use others for medicinal benefits. Some plants just smell good and look good"

she shrugged she had always enjoyed the hard work it all entailed as well, knowing that at the end of the day she could be proud of what she had achieved without resorting to magic all the time.

"I don't know, I guess I haven't taken Potions yet so can't comprehend it! By the way how are your other lessons going?" Brian asked curious.

"Good I seem to be holding my own in them" then she remembered her one pretty lousey DADA class and groaned.
"Well that is except for DADA. Well one class at any rate. It was the time we weren't talking and I was in the foulest humour"
she laughed now and shook her head, she couldn't picture herself not ever talking to Brian again and amazingly enough since he told her how he felt about her they had never had an arguement. Sister and brother, she looked at him and smiled.
"we had to pair up and practise spells and shields of course I got Mike. My emotions were all over the place and I couldn't focus at all" she looked at him now and groaned as she said, "he stupefied me and has gloated about it ever since".

Brian started to laugh "well if it makes you feel better I got an Eight on one of my Charms paper" Brian said looking at the dying grass.

"well, I'm getting better! it was during the first lessons so I don't really count it since I've done loads better since!" Brian said with a smile "so what about Herbology then! How did you get your pumpkin soo big?" Brian said with a sly remark, he already knew but wanted her to tell it.

"You were there, you did the same as the rest of us" Andy gave him a mischievous smile then, "there was one little thing I did that no-one else did though do you really want to know? you can't tell anyone else mind you otherwise they'll all be doing it"

She looked at him now waiting for his reply.

"Of course I wanna learn!" Brian said excitedly wondering what type of magic she had used. He had wished he'd asked her when he was growing Tiny Tim maybe then he wouldn't have been so short.

Andy looked about her all mysterious like then leaned in closer and motioned with her finger for him to do the same. She looked about again and said in a whisper;

"I said ... please!"

She giggled uncontrollably now and nearly fell back laughing.

"your lying! I know you are!" Brian said giving her the stink eye! "well two can play that game, I was going to show you how to cast that Charms spell, oh well now!" Brian said with a smirk!

Andy just kept smiling at him and shook her head.
"There is no trick other than you have to visualise it. I knew exactly the size pumpkin I wanted and that's what I got. Some people can perform earth based spells and others can do great charms." she said, she passed him one of her books, "it 's just confidence in your ability which you've never been lacking in".

"well I don't know, I think you need to visualise some things" Brian said with a laugh smiling at her "besides it doesn't matter I don't like Pumpkins"

As Andy's hand touched Brians passing him the book the tiny hairs on the back of her hand rose, the same as the back of her neck. A jolt like lightening went through her and she felt the wierdest feeling come over her all of a sudden. She couldn't explain it, she looked at Brian and felt a massive urge to ... to kiss him.
'OH, my goodness!' she thought 'this can so not be happening right now. they were friends good friends. best friends like brother and sister. She was supposed to be repressing these kind of feelings. Why now?'

Andy gathered up her books as quick as she could there was no way, she was going to sit around to see what she might or might not do.
"Sorry Brian, I just remembered I have to go. Wolf instincts and all that. Will explain later... maybe. See ya!"

Andromeda ran as fast as her legs could carry her back up to the castle, silently fuming with herself the whole way.

Brian was left stunned, He had no idea what had just happened but she did say that it was her wolf instincts, Brian thought it was weird but then again he wasn't the wolf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back