herbology and potion books

Patrick O'Brien

Patrick wandered down from the hospital wing again, this time to the library. It seemed relatively quiet so he figured most of the students would be at class.
He picked up the list he had in his hand and headed straight for the potion books section of the library. He whistled low, there were alot! He turned and saw no-one was looking, so flourished his wand at the list in front of him, "Accio libri in album".
He smiled as the books on his list made their way from the shelves towards him.
Even then there were alot, "Wingardium Leviosa" he said to the stack of books then controlling his wand in their direction made his way to an empty table.
He levitated the books down quietly then smiling he flicked his robes out behind him and sat down.
He looked at the books before him and groaned.
'This was going to be a long day!' he told himself.

[[may i join]]

as lexi was walking in the library to find some fine books to read, when she saw nurse o'brien with loads of books in the table where his sitting and reading. she walks to him and intruduce herself to him. "hi, nurse o'brien. i'm lexi lestrange new student here." lexi stretched a hand to him.

Patrick stood and shook the girls hand politely, then retook his seat.
"A pleasure Lexi. How are you finding it here so far?" he asked quietly looking longingly at the notes he had become absorbed in.

"its fine sir." said lexi while taking looked in the paper on nurse o'brien was looking at. "do you need help, sir." she said politely.

Patrick had to laugh then corrected himself quickly less she take offense.
"My dear child I am doing research that most grown ups would find annoying, time consuming and unnecessary", he smiled at her.
"I thank you for the offer but I am fine, truly I assure you I am fine".

"well , sir its kind a hard when your alone." she looked at the nursed. "if you need to be alone, i'm going now." lexi said while turning around.

"Goodbye Ms. Rodriquez and thank you again for you offer", he smiled and shook his head as she turned away. Then Patrick resumed his research of the many parchments and books infront of him.

He smiled and whispered across to her,"I'm trying to research but I'm discovering that the library might not be the best place for that".
He looked at her asking,"And what are you doing?"

"I have potions homework. We have to come up with our own potion" she smiled at him picking up a book from his pile, "but when I looked all the best books were gone".
She flicked through the pages of the book and saw something that fascinated her.
Her amber eyes danced, "I think I have just come up with a great idea for a potion!" she whispered enthuasiatically.

Patrick got on with his own research occassionally looking up at his niece who had her head bent over some books and her parchment writing furiously. At times scribbling out her mistakes.
He admired her deligence and smiled affectionately.
Watching her now reminded him of when she was younger and he was home from training, she would be sitting at the kitchen table doodling or colouring in some picture as if her life depended on it. The time her front teeth had come out because she had fallen off her pony, her smile had been funny and awkward yet full of the bundle of loving energy she was.
He laughed silently and put his head back down into his own books.
Life had a funny way of dealing its cards out.

Andy finally lifted her head from her parchment with a decidely wide smile playing across her face.
"Eureka", she giggled closing the books she had used.
"I think I have actually cracked it. Come up with a proper potion, I mean", she stood up and stretched sitting there for the last two hours was numbing.
"I'm going to go and get this handed in, I'll see you later ok" with that she smiled and ran off.

Patrick decided to call it quits too. He said goodbye to Ace and stacked up the books. He flicked his wand and sent them back to the shelves where he had got them. He stretched, sitting in the one position for a few hours was definitly not good for a man's back.
He stood up and picked up his parchments and quill. Back to the office, he smiled to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back