Helping Hand

Daisy Mason

OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Maple Wand with Essence of Belladonna
The sound of students in the corridors was starting to die down as Daisy made her way into the hospital wing. As it was only the first day, it was empty so there was little for the nurse to do other than make sure everything was fully stocked. It was a thankless task, but it was her turn and as boring as it was, it was nice to be in the hospital wing before the madness of the semester started. It was like the calm before the storm, a thought Daisy found oddly comforting. She didn't know how long she was in the office, but suddenly she heard footsteps behind her, "Oh hello," She said cheerfully when she saw who was behind her.

Lilyanna was beginning to become slightly annoyed at everything happening around her. Many people were beginning to date, finding love interests of the opposite gender to hang out with, and Lilyanna did not really see the point in it but was still eager to fit in somehow. However, Lilyanna's love interests were not of the opposite gender and the girl didn't know what to do. Throughout her whole holiday break, no one but Diane Winters was on her mind and she tried her best to distract herself from her thoughts by seeing Andrew and trying out her new watch, but none of it could suffice and she began to wonder if something was wrong with her. She wanted to talk to Daniel about and almost did until she realised that her problem had nothing to do with her mental disorder but with something else and Daniel was probably not the best person to talk about it with. So instead, the prefect made her way up to the hospital wing in search for one of the nurses. Maybe she was sick and they could give her a potion to drink to distract her and help her figure out why she was feeling this way? She wasn't sure it was the best idea but it was all she had. She tentatively opened up the double doors to the hospital wing to find a lady sitting in an office. "Hello." Lilyanna said. "Can... Can I talk to you about something?"

Daisy could tell by the tone in the girls voice that all was not well, but she seemed physically okay and had no obvious reason to be seeking medical help, but whatever problem the girl had would no doubt be more interesting than making sure every bottle of skele-grow was full. "Of course you can, what can I help you with," Daisy hadn't seen the girl before so wasn't sure on her name but by her robes she was a Slytherin and by the shiny badge pinned to said robes she was a prefect so it narrowed it down. "Do you want to take a seat and tell me whats on your mind?" She asked gesturing to the empty seat in front of the desk.

Lilyanna was thankful for the nurse's kindness and nodded her head when asked to sit down. It reminded her of her first session with Andrew, except children's toys were situated around her instead of countless potion bottles and Andrew at least knew what was going on. With her head down, Lilyanna made her way to the chair in front of the desk and sat down before speaking. "People are falling in love." Lilyanna began simply, twiddling with her fingers nervously. "But I am not doing so in the same way... is there something wrong with me?" Lilyanna looked up at the nurse with a hopeful look in her eyes, wondering if she even knew what she was going on about.

"I doubt it," Daisy said quickly and perhaps a little too forcefully. It was the beginning of the semester and she was still readjusting to her kid friendly demeanor. "Help me out a little here, you say you're not falling in love the same way as the people around you, what do you mean by that?" Are you falling in love in a different way, or do you mean the kind of people?" The more Daisy rambled the more she thought she understood what the girl was getting at. If she was right, she knew exactly what she was going through, but they would get know where unless she was willing to say it out loud.

Lilyanna narrowed her eyebrows at the lady's response and simply put it at the back of her mind as she listened to what else she had to say. "It's more the people." she replied. "I think I like... the same gender more than the opposite gender. Is there a way you can help me?" Lilyanna tried not the look at the nurse in the eyes, scared for her reaction, and instead looked down at her lap, already starting to feel slightly uncomfortable discussing this.

Daisy nodded her head and smiled broadly at the girl. It was as she suspected, the girl was having feelings for someone of the same sex and it was freaking her out. She knew how that felt, Daisy had been raised to believe it was a sin so when she felt herself feeling things for a girl she had thought herself immoral and bound for hell. She had come a long way since then. "There's nothing wrong with you," Daisy began hoping her support would be enough for the girl to believe she wasn't ill. "Having feelings for someone of the same sex is perfectly normal, I like girls too," It may have been a little inappropriate to discuss her own sexuality, but if it helped the girl understand it was normal to feel how she did, then she didn't care. "Is there a specific person you're having these feelings for?"

As the nurse told Lilyanna that there was nothing wrong with her she felt that she didn't need to be there then and was about to stand up and walk out until she started speaking again. Coincidentally, the nurse knew how she felt and it made Lilyanna feel slightly better that she was not alone in feeling the way that she did. The prefect felt her cheeks flush pink as the nurse asked Lilyanna who it was that she had feelings for. "You can't tell anyone..." she began, hoping the nurse didn't even know who she was. "But it's Diane Winters." Lilyanna hadn't felt so embarrassed in her life. Her hair fell in front of her face as her head hung low, wanting nothing more than to keep this whole conversation a secret.

"Your secret is safe with me," Daisy smiled warmly at the the girl, though she didn't know who Diane Winters was, and couldn't pick her out of a crowd. "Have you thought about telling her? She might feel the same way, have you ever thought that she might?" She asked. Telling someone you like them can be a terrifying thing, but telling someone of the same sex for the first time is even more so.

Lilyanna had never had a secret before, despite being quite a reserved person, and so she could only trust the lady not to tell anyone. The thought of telling Diane about it made Lilyanna fidget more in her seat, wondering what Diane would do if she told her. Would she not want to be her friend anymore? Lilyanna hadn't been this worried since the time she told Tholomyes about her disorder. "But it's different." Lilyanna told her. "It's different for someone to like the same gender and, from my experience, quite rare. There is more of a possibility that Diane won't feel the same way." Lilyanna hated being a pessimist but they were the facts and she couldn't think of anything else.

Daisy sighed, she couldn't make the girl confess her feelings. All she really wanted was for her to accept that she was perfectly normal regardless of who she had a crush on. "It's your decision, and I'll keep your secret no matter what, but I do think you should consider telling Diane how you feel," Daisy found her comment about being attracted to people of the same sex rare to be quite strange, and not at all compatible with her own experience but she wasn't quite sure how to put that to Lilyanna. "Maybe she won't feel the same way, but if she's really your friend, she still will be after you tell her,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back