Hello Again

Kate Archer

OOC First Name
Johanna
Wand
Knotted 16 1/2 Inch Sturdy Cherry Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Kate walked down into the common room.It was fairly early in the morning so there wasn't much people in there.It was the weekend so Kate didn't have any classes to go to which was a relief since she was already tired from it.It had been hard to get used to school again.She had been resting for so long over the summer it was almost a shock to her system she returned to school.The only exercise she had gotten had been swimming and quidditch practice.The rest of her time had been spent reading or playing the violin.She had also done some cooking which had been fun.She could now perfect rhubarb crumble and chicken curry,there was a couple other dishes that she could perfect also_Over the summer she had become better at cooking and her violin.Quidditch had also become quite a favorite pastime to do over the holidays but that was a bit hard to practice since she had to walk a long way from the house so no one would see her practicing.She had improved over the holidays and she was glad that she had gotten on to the team this year.She was looking forward to the match and this year she was determined to win.

Kate walked through the common room and out the portrait.There were a few people walking along the hallway.The sun was streaming through the window and the hallway was full of light.Kate walked along the hallways.It was amazing what a good nights sleep could do.Ever since she had been able to get sleep at night her moods had been much better.She also felt much better and she looked a looked better.She was still pretty thin but her cheeks weren't as sunken and they could turn pink when she was in the cold.All in all she was much better.Plus she didn't have to worry about any panic attacks.There was one thing that bothered her and that was the death of Michael .He had been such a good friend and it was terrible that he was gone.She missed him loads but for the sake of her Sara and Stefan she had cried by herself and she ad mourned alone.She didn't show that she missed him.

Sighing she made her way down the many flights of stairs to the Great Hall.She walked in and sat at the Hufflepuff table.She ate an apple and some crunchies.She had a glass of water also_Once she was finished she made her way out of the great hall and into the Entrance Hall.She decided she may as well go for a walk.She walked out into the courtyard and made a round of it before sitting down on a near by bench.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry it took a while,I'm watching a scary film as I write this

Danielle smiled to herself as she let some sunshine into her common room. All her roommates groggily opened their eyes and gave some Danielle some nasty looks, obviously upset they were woken up. She winked to them as she left. The embers in the fire pit from the eariler night still crackled, and she walked slowy past it, enjoying the warmth. She left her common room, and began walking down each corridor. Danielle wanted to take her time. She walked down each corridor - then down the steps - then down the next corridor - then down those steps, until she reached the bottom and by that time she saw more people up. She had noticed a pattern, normally the claws were up first, then either puffs or the lions, and lastly the snakes. Obviously, some people - like her - were up while the claws ere mainly the ones up, but thats something she always did. Her life was pretty good. She couldn't complain. As she began her eggs she noticed there was only a 7th year at her table, who was studying away. Not wanting to interupt his study, (and also she had NO idea who he was) she went to the Hufflepuff table. There still basically no one there; only about 5. But nonetheless, it was more. She did converse with some 5th years, though it was mostly, "how are you" or "can you pass the...." and even some "whats your name"s in there, but there wasn't anything noteworthy, except for the fact the one sitting next to her burped, and it sounded like it was Danielle herself. That was rewarded with some giggles.

After eating, she went out in the courtyard. It was a nice enough day, and the sunlight was nice. She went to some bushes with some sugar berries, and plucked them, munching on them slowly. She was pretty much full on food, but these berries were sooooooooooooooooo sweet. She couldn't resist. She saw some beautiful flowers, and picked a few. She then rolled in them and layed out, loving this day. It was perfect. Blissful, really. Suddenly, just barely, she saw a head full of black hair go past her and sit on a bench about 50 feet away. This brunette girl most likely didn't see Danielle - her head stuffed in the flowers. Danielle quickly got up and sprinted towards the girl. Without making eye contact she said, "Kate. I've missed ya!" She quickly looked into Kate's eyes and hugged her. "How are ya?" She sat on the bench next to Kate, and noticed her body was almost to thin, she didn't make note - last time she saw her har body was almost only bone- atleast she was recovering. She grinned. Boy this was just Danielle needed. A friend!

OOCOut of Character:
No worries! ^_^

Kate was enjoying the feel of the sun on her face.Spring was definitely on it's way.The tress were covered in buds,snow drops and blue bells were everywhere as were daffidols.The grass was greener and of course the lake was no longer frozen.The days were still quite cool and breezy but at least the sun was shinning.In England it would be going the opposite way.the leaves would be falling from the tress,the grass would be more of a brown and there wouldn't be as much sun.Kate couldn't wait for the day she would be able to wear shorts,sun glasses and t-shirts.The hot months were during the early stage of the school year so she could actually enjoy it instead of being stuck inside during the end of the year in the Northern hemisphere.Though in Ireland,hot weather had never been common.Usually the summer was spent inside looking out at the rain falling.You could still go jumping off the pier and go swimming with the big waves but when it rained it was kind of colder.There had been a few hot days though not as hot as France and Spain.

Kate was interrupted from her thoughts when she heard a familiar voice come to her.She looked up and smiled when she saw who it was"Hey Danielle,I haven't seen ya in ages"She said hugging her back.She hadn't seen Danielle in ages.Last year she hadn't walked out of her dorm much,she was either too tired,too sick or worried that she would have a panic attack.Not a very happy life that was for sure and Kate was never going to live like that again. "I'm great"She said really meaning it.Nearly everyone took sleep for granted and it wasn't until you couldn't sleep that you realized how much you missed and needed sleep. "How have you been?"She asked grinning

The sun had just risen, and was high in the sky. Finally! It really feels like spring. This lion loved hogwarts - she began schooling in the spring, then into summer, and then the just bare beginnings of fall, and then Danielle comes into the northern hemisphere for, their spring in summer. Basically Danielle had barely any cold days. As she looked at her friend, this beautiful girl, she couldn't believe she had an eating disorder. She had never told her personally, but Danielle had figured so, and after the magazine, it was pretty much known. But Kate, she was and amazing perosn, huddled away with sadness and bad health. But she was recovering, Danielle could tell.

"I know! I know!" Danielle smiled. She crossed her legs, looking at her shoes for a bit. She had hoped that Kate had felt better, and she had which made Danielle happy. She worried for Kate, as she did not seem very well for a very long. And she wasn't. "Thats awesome Kate!" Danielle laughed. For some reason, Danielle could tell she meant it. Danielle was almost like a lie detecter, she could realize when someone was lying normally, but this time Kate wasn't. "I've been really well," Danielle began, "though, I think I killed a few flowers...." Danielle giggled, pointing at the flower patch, flatten by Danielle.

Kate hadn't been to the courtyard in a while.She had some bad memories or here but then there were good memories.This was the place where she had first met Jake and they had had great craic.But then there had been the night of Halloween three years ago,that was not a happy memory,not by any stretch of the imagination.That was probably one of the worst nights of her life.A lot of nasty stuff had been said that night,a lot of stuff had been left unsaid from that night.People had said things that they didn't mean.That night had never been mentioned since and she was totally okay with that.Kate was still mildly p1ssed about what had been written about her and other students in the school by RHI.It was so unfair and mean and totally uncalled for.Kate wasn't going to let it bring her down though.She had almost recovered from her Phaeochromocytoma.It was a horrible disease and she wished it upon no one.It had caused her a great deal of pain and sadness last year and over the break.It had caused strain between her relationships with her parents also.But now that she was getting better things had eased a bit.

Kate laughed,she had missed Danielle,she was like a ray of sunshine in Kate's life.Pity she was going out with Ryan anymore though he didn't deserve someone like her,he was always stuck in his room doing nothing,she worried about him sometimes.She didn't think being in Slytherin was helping him and she had a feeling that he was changing because of people he had met there but there was nothing she could do about it for now that is."That's great,any newz?"She asked leaning back against the bench "I'm sure they'll survive"She said laughing.It had been a long time since she had laughed,it was almost a weird sensation.

The coourtyard was so beautiful. Danielle hadn't gone here enough.She normally went to the lawns, or lake, but not here. in the courtyard it was tranquil. It was a good place to sit and think. Not amny students stopped in here, and it was nice. Danielle very much enjoyed it. When it was her birthday, she would most likely have a party here. It was great.

Danielle mussed Kate! It had been far to long. Kate reminded Danielle of happier times, when she could simply do what she liked, had no drama, no fear, no consequence. But now, huddled away with all of these horrible things - it seemed like such a long time since that girl had lived. "Not really, have you had news?" Danielle said. But she immediatly felt bad about her words. Kate had been in the news. Rumor Has It. Branch. Bad choice of words! "I'm so, so sorry about what happened in that magazine Kate! But I can't wait until are completely recovered, and you are a trunk!" Danielle giggled, hopeful she didn't say anything mean. "Hopfully they have feelings! I think..." Danielle laughed, glad that theywere smiling together.

OOCOut of Character:
sorry for lameness. :/

Kate hadn't talked to much of her friends in ages.She had almost been too afraid to last year,her panic attacks had been extremely unpredictable.She could have one at at any moment and needless to say it was quite embarrassing when she had one in front of wither her friends or strangers.That was why Kate hadn't socialized with people much last year,it was why she felt rather lonely this year.She still had her close friends but they had all their own problems,some just as bad as her previous one.She hadn't seen Willow in ages and she wondered how she was doing.Things hadn't been well last time they had spoken.Tara had her problem with her engagement and Stefan had his own problems.She had friends also but she hadn't talked to them much for fear that she would break down right on front of them.She knew she had to regain contact with them,she had to get out more as well.

Kate had never really suffered any real loss before entering Hogwarts.She hadn't really suffered any pain.She had grown up a lot since then.Maybe if she wasn't a witch she would still be that innocent girl she once was.She missed that time in life,everything had been so much easier.Kate sighed she would never be that girl again and she wasn't sure whether that was a good or bad thing. "Don't worry about that"She sad waving her hand. "Kate laughed "Thanks,but I wouldn't call myself a branch yet"She said wrapping her hands around her waist.When she put her hands on her hips her middle fingers were able to touch which wasn't healthy but Kate had been like this before

Danielle enjoyed seeing Kate. It was like ice water being splashed across her face, telling her, "Get out more often ya lazy bum!" And Danielle was definitely gonna listen to that imaginary ice water. It can be very persuasive. As Kate talked, Danielle looked at the flowers, that weren't squashed, and she liked their beauty. Kate was almost like a flower. And the years were like seasons. She started hogwarts in the summer. She was blossomed and great. But then fall came and she slowly began to wither away, until finally, winter came. That would be the time when she had health problems. And it the end of winter, and Kate is beginning to blossom again. Danielle was so happy for her.

"Ah. Good. And you know what if they say anything mean about you, call me up, and I'll tell these people to leaf, you alone. Get it?" Danielle laughed a little bit to much at her own joke. Danielle frowned at what Kate said, though. "I would. Kate, think of it like this: Branches grow seeds. Seeds fall off Branches. Seeds grow into trees. Trees omit oxygen, which let us breath. We need branches, Kate. Just like how we need you. I have a story; just listen okay? In San Diego, I took all this bullying and hatred, but you know what? Other kids were happy, not because I was being bullied, but because if they didn't have me to make fun of, I'm sure they would turn on each other in an instant. The first couple of times were rough. But I enventually grew to realize...I had to act as a lightning-rod for all their hatred, and I accepted that. I didn't want to be bullied. I hate bullying, its wrong. But it wasn't gonna stop. If I reported it, it wouldn't make sense; a whole school doing nothing? And when I realized that, I was happy. Blissful, even. I never told anyone this Kate...but I felt I needed to tell you. To tell you I've gone through this. So if at 1 in the morning, you ever need a friend. A box of choclates - a hug. I will come." Danielle hugged Kate. And maybe through that hug, someone could see small tears in Danielle's eyes. Of happiness.

Kate looked up at the sky.There were a few clouds in the sky.Kate watched as the clouds passed by.She had learned to appreciate life more since she had been really sick for two years of her life.That was two years of her life gone down the drain.When something like that happens you tend to looks at your life more and see everything around it.Kate was more of a sentimental person these days.She valued her friends and family more these days.She also valued sleep a lot more because when you can't sleep it's the most frustrating feeling ever when you can't sleep.There is nothing you can do when you can't sleep so all you can do is sit there and attempt to sleep even when you know it's fruitless.

Kate laughed "That's a good one"She said smiling.Danielle could really make her feel better.Kate listened thoughtfully as Danielle talked.It made sense.She was surprised when Danielle told her about the bullying.Kate smiled sympathetically and gave Danielle a hug. "You are so strong"She said smiling.She had a ton of respect for her,that was so brave of her.No wonder she was in Gryffindor. "You really are the best"She said smiling warmly at her.She really appreciated the gesture "You remember that too,I'll always be there"She said smiling.

OOCOut of Character:
It's lame because I'm watching the Titanic at the same time :r

Danielle picked an apple off a nearby tree and used her wand to slice a few pieces until it was six. She gave three to KAte and chomped on one. It was a red apple, and it was very tasty. She would remember to come to this tree - for it made sweet apples, and Danielle certainly loved sweet more than sour. After finishing her pieces, she almost wanted more.

"It is isn't it? I have to write it down!" Danielle giggled, pretending to be using her want to write it down. Danielle dismissed what Katrte ssaid. "Nah, I guess just understanding maybe?" Danielle tilted her head and thought and that word made sense. "No, you are." Danielle told her, being serious. Kate was her best friend- no ifs, ands, or buts, about it. "Thank you Kate. Thank you!"

Kate took the three slices of apple "Thanks"she said smiling,popping a slice into her mouth.All the juices flowed in her mouth when she began to chew.She had always loved apples,they were lovely and crunchy and also sweet.This apple was red so it tasted extra sweet.Green apples were nice also but not as sweet and cooking apples were just horrible unless they were in either apple crumble or tart,covered in sugar.Her mother was an expert on tarts and crumbles,everyone Moon child was now an expert at making them also as their mother had taught them all.They were all quite good cooks except Ryan didn't do much cooking these days,Star didn't do much either,she didn't know about Sara.Ever since Kate had been unable to eat food for two years now she savored every piece of it she got.She had developed a real talent for cooking and she often went down to the elves and helped them make meals for the students or she would make her own dishes.She was experimenting these days and some were complete failures but others tasted delicious.

"Yeah someone in a couple of years time will find it and use it again"She said finishing off her last slice of apple.She often wondered who first said the sayings people used everyday in their lives.It was probably something no one would ever find out unless it was a new sayings. "Yeah"Kate said thoughtfully,looking up at the sky again,there were no clouds up there,just a bright blue. "Well you are too"She said smiling "What are you thanking me for?"She asked eyebrows raised

Danielle smiled, happy Kate was enjoying her Macintosh. It was very tasty. "No problem!" Danielle beamed at her. As Danielle ate hers, she loved the sweet taste flushing through her mouth. If Danielle had to pick a favorite fruit it would probably be an apples, or cherries depending on the flavor. She just loved the taste, flavors, and textures, of them, and when they all combined it was like heaven. She loved it so much.

"Yeah - as long as we get credit!" Danielle laughed again. Danielle never realized, but small things, laughing, sunlight, the smell of rain - were all things people take for granted, but are so great, and if you take the time and smell the roses, (as they say) you'll find the roses smell great. "Thanks." Danielle said simply, trying not to blush. She couldn't help it, her cheeks went a small bit rosy. "For being a great person."

Kate felt like hitting her brother.He had given up this girl just because he was wallowing in his own stupidity.He didn't deserve a girl like this and she knew that he had cared for her and he probably still did but he was too stupid and selfish to realize it.She hoped he hadn't caused Danielle too much pain,he didn't deserve even that.Sometimes she felt like slapping him really hard across the face to try and wake him up from whatever daze his is in.Something had happened him to cause this reaction and she now made it her mission to find out.Now that she was better she could focus on getting their family somewhat back together.She knew Star was suffering from his moods also.

Kate laughed "Yeah,but no one seems to remember the person who came up with it"Kate said frowning,it was a shame that no one knew who came up with what.It was one of life's mysteries and one people didn't think of often.Kate was really chuffed,she wasn't told that every day.In fact the only person to say that to her was Stefan "Wow thanks,Danielle"She said giving the girl a tight hug. "My brother definitely didn't deserve someone like you"She said sighing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back