Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Rigid Black Walnut Wand with Boomslang venom Core
Spending an extended amount of time in a hall filled with people dressed to the nines, and being forced into unsaid social customs was usually not Cairo's idea of a good time. Really it was the opposite of a good time to him, and everything he despised as attending lavish parties were enough of a part of his home life for him to consider them a chore, being the reason he tended to avoid the ball most years. But the sixth year had decided to bite the bullet that evening for the sake of spending time with Falon. The workload from his classes had put an unintentional amount of distance between him and his friend and asking her to the ball had been a way for him to make up for the lost time. It was a choice he began to regret after choosing a suit to wear and walking to the great hall. Though regret he chose to ignore while reassuring himself that the Gryffindor's company would be enough to make the night bearable. Cairo continued to reassure himself everything would be fine as he ran a hand through his styled blond hair and absent mindedly tapped his foot against the stone floor, waiting for Falon to arrive.
<i>
</i>

Though Falon hadn't yet missed a Yule Ball, it was safe to say it wasn't her favorite thing to attend. That being said, she was looking forward to this year's ball much more than previous years, and she knew it was because she was going with Cairo. In previous years, Falon had kept things much more simple but this year she made more of an effort and even managed to find a dress that she didn't hate with her whole heart. Falon even got some help from the other girls in putting on some make-up, and was, consequentially, late. The Sixth Year even had heeled boots on, though she wasn't sure how long they were going to last, as she felt them groaning every step she made towards the Great Hall. Falon saw Cairo waiting for her, and for some reason her stomach tingled with butterflies. She ignored them, and continued forward. "Cairo." Falon greeted with a smile. "Sorry I'm late - you look nice!"

Cairo's eyes moved from the people around him and down to his shoes, though the sound of Falon saying his name caused him to look up again. She was not only wearing a dress but also in make up and heels and the sight surprised him. His understanding of her was that she wasn't the type to wear a dress though now that he had seen her all dressed up he couldn't understand why she would dress any differently. The look suited her completely and he had to blink himself back into reality and wipe the smile from his face to respond to her. "Don't apologize." He said, hoping that his lack of composure was not too obvious. "The extra time was clearly worth it." He added as a compliment before holding his hand out. "Shall we go in and dance, then?" He offered, waiting for Falon to take his hand and walk in with him.
<i>
</i>

Falon grinned when Cairo smiled back at her, and blushed slightly at his compliment. She wasn't entirely sure how to react, so she was glad when he asked her to dance. Falon was surprised that she was feeling more nervous than she had before any Quidditch game, but she figured it was because she wasn't entirely the best dancer. Nevertheless, Falon took Cairo's hand and followed him out onto the dance floor, then standing awkwardly for a second before realizing she should actually move. Her cheeks growing red again, she put her hands on Cairo's shoulders, not quite meeting his gaze, looking around at all the other people moving on the floor. "I'm not actually that good of a dancer." Falon admitted, her eyes finally making their way back to Cairo's. She grinned sheepishly. "But I feel like maybe you came into this situation knowing this, so I make no apologies if I step on your foot." Falon laughed.

Cairo smirked when Falon accepted his hand and lead her towards the dance floor, pausing when they reached an empty spot so he could place his hands on her hips. Falon in turn moved her hands to his shoulders and Cairo lead them to sway with the beat of the music. He was surprised when Falon admitted to not being a great dancer, even saying she might step on his feet which caused him to shake his head and chuckle. "I'm sure you'll be fine, this isn't even real dancing, it doesn't have steps and a rhythm to keep to." He said. After averting his eyes from Falon for a moment to look around the room a thought crossed his mind. As he looked back down to Falon he chose to mention it although kept his voice hushed. "But you know, if you did accidentally step on my feet, it would be an excuse to stop dancing and get out of here." He said, not knowing how long it would be before he wanted to leave but glad he had suggested an out if the ball became to stagnant for him to handle. Parties were definitely not his thing and though it was fun to attend with Falon, he was certain that sooner or later he would rather gauge his eyes out than stay in a room with too many social expectations and formalities to hide behind, regardless of his friend's company.
<i>
</i>

Falon smiled in response to Cairo's confidence in her. He was definitely right - they were more just moving around on the spot, and while Falon could see the need and want that other people had to want to dance like this; it wasn't for her. Still, she couldn't bail on her friend, he had asked her to go with him, it would be rude to agree to go and then flake out. Upon hearing Cairo's next request, however, Falon grinned. She was glad he was thinking along the same lines as her, and didn't want to stay at the ball for long. Sure, they had only just arrived on the dance floor, but they had shown their faces and that was good enough. Falon moved to 'accidentally' step on Cairo's foot with her left foot, but she lost her balance and did actually hop onto Cairo's foot while trying to regain her balance. "Oh my gosh - Cairo, I'm so sorry!" Falon said, covering her mouth; half in shock, half to hide her laughter. Of course that had to happen.

Falon's grin confirmed to Cairo that they were on the same wavelength, content in having shown up to the ball for a few minutes and ready to find an out wherever there was one. The Slytherin continued swaying from side to side, averting his gaze to his surroundings to seem distracted so when Falon eventually pretended to miss step he could partly blame himself for the ordeal. What he had not expected was for Falon to actually step on his foot, the unexpected pressure of the action causing him to hiss before looking back down to his friend. She quickly apologized and held her hand over her face to stifle what Cairo assumed was laughter. In an effort to salvage their scheme to get away from the ball, Cairo swallowed his own urge to laugh and continued acting as if nothing had happened, though he failed to keep himself from smiling as he reacted to Falon's unexpected clumsy moment. "Ouch, Falon, I thought drummers were supposed to have rhythm." He said. "I guess we have to stop dancing if I want to keep my feet." He added, stepping away from Falon and moving to cross his arms over his torso, evidently still trying to act annoyed despite the small smile on his face.
<i>
</i>

Falon kept her hand over her mouth to prevent the laughter from escaping her mouth, but put one hand on Cairo's shoulder as a way of showing she was genuine in her apology. A small laugh did escape her mouth at his remark about her not having rhythm. "Hey I totally do! I'm good with my hands!" She exclaimed - it was true. Her double kick left something to be desired, but she could hit the tom's like nothing else. Falon tried to keep her face straight as Cairo acted annoyed - she was not as good at pretending as he was. She shrugged her arms up, trying to feign disappointment. "Oh well. I guess we should stop." Falon said, though shaking her head slightly at Cairo to show she had no idea what she was doing - she literally just repeated what he said. Closing her eyes and pursing her lips to stop a smile, Falon turned and led the way off the dance floor, towards the exit where once exited, she could let the laughter out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back