Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Zom
Wand
12 inch slightly springy Cypress with unicorn hair core.
The final quidditch practice had gone... well, it had gone. Dominic felt like he'd spaced out most of it, and he wasn't sure what to think of the new captain choices, but he would support it. Eli would probably keep Adam from scrubbing the whole team. Maybe. Lucas had seemed upset, and Einar had followed Lucas. Zeke was somehow already sure they were out at least two chasers, and it made him wonder about switching his position. Then again, he wasn't sure he wanted to be anything other than a beater, even if it left him as an alternate next year, too. He dismissed the thought, having something more pressing on his mind.

It had been a day or two since the practice, and Zeke had something he needed to do. He had been scouring the school, and finally, he had found exactly who he was looking for. "Dominic!" Zeke called, jogging up to the other boy, "Dom, wait up!" He called out, trying to catch him.

Dominic wasn't surprised that the new captains hadn't gone well, he wasn't a total idiot. But part of him had hoped that the team would trust him a bit more. I didn't help that Adam immediately started to run his mouth. At least he wouldn't have to deal with anymore. He felt bad the moment he thought it. That wasn't fair. He really did hope they would do next year and that Adam and Eli would pull through and win. But he couldn't deny that part of him wanted them to see just how hard it was to run the team. He was so lost in thought he hardly heard Zeke calling after him. "Are you about to tell me what a big mistake I'm making too?" he asked a little sharper then he intended with out even looking back. Dominic stopped walking to let Zeke catch up and whipped a hand over his face as he sighed. "I'm sorry." he said, suddenly tired. "That's not fair."

Zeke was hurt by Dominic's tone, though the other boy probably didn't see it as he hadn't turned. That hurt, too. Zeke faltered, slowing to a stop several feet behind Dominic. "...no," he replied, hesitating a moment before stepping a little closer, reaching out a little shyly for Dominic's hand. "Are you okay?" he asked softly, trying to offer his support.

Dominic took another deep breath before looking at Zeke who looked concerned. "I'm fine." he said with a shrug. "Listen, I'm sorry." he sighed, his guilt about snapping at the other boy was in full force now. He wasn't sure what to say. He has spent his last few years at school doing everything he could to cheer people up, and now he just felt out of words completely. "I think I'm just more than ready for this all to be over." he said, gesturing to nothing in particular.

Zeke smiled softly, stepping over and reaching for Dominic's hand. "Hey, I get it," he reassured the other boy. "I know the team was a little... surprised," he admitted, "But I'm sure it'll work out." He hesitated, before ducking his head to catch Dom's eye. "Well, not... all of it, maybe?" He gave the older boy a slightly shy smile. "I was thinking- you know, ah, long-distance relationships work all the time," He hinted, waiting to check the reaction before doing anything else.

Dominic looked down where Zeke had grabbed his hand, and smiled weakly as he laced his fingers with his. “I hope so.” he said quietly. Now that it was all said and done he felt a little bad about how easy he was finding it to cut and run. He felt stupid the moment Zeke mentioned long distance relationships. Dominic closed his eyes. How could he be so clueless to say something like that? “Right, yeah.” he said with a smile. He wasn’t sure how to explain to the other boy he hadn’t thought about much past graduation. “I guess we haven’t really talked about that.” he said a little sheepishly. He was going to be going to a muggle university in the fall, a completely different world. He had expected to just make a clean break from magic for a while, but Zeke complicated that matter significantly.

Well, it wasn't a rejection, exactly. Zeke stepped just a little closer, reaching up and brushing Dominics hair back. "We haven't," he agreed. He decided to push a little further, and hope his luck held out. "I have a few... Thoughts on the matter, but I suppose the question is... What your thoughts are," he let his fingers trail lightly down Dominics jaw.

Dominic hadn’t realized he had started to stare off in the distance until Zeke brushed some of his hair out of his face. It was nice, and he realized he would miss it. Even if they decided to do long distance it would still be weeks and months between seeing each other. It made him sad to think about but he wasn’t sure what to say when Zeke asked for his thoughts. “I guess, out of everything, I don't want this to be over.” he said finally. “What are your thoughts about that?” he countered, with a grin.

Zeke's smile grew impossibly wider. He stepped in, kissing Dominic firmly and laying his arms lightly over the boys shoulders. "I think," he murmured, not pulling away and kissing Dominic again. "I would make a very good supportive boyfriend," he teased softly, pulling away just enough to brush Dom's hair back again. "I know all about independent care and stuff, I can write and send baskets and we can meet up every time school is out and when I graduate next year I can find an apartment or something somewhere closer to you and whichever school you picked and be a closer supportive boyfriend," he chattered happily, running his fingers lightly through Dominic's hair.

Dominic’s eyebrows rose when Zeke kissed him and slowly closed his eyes and kissed him back. He laughed lightly as Zeke began to ramble about his plans and he nodded along. It all sounded so nice if not a little fast, but that was a year away. A year of being together hopefully. “I think I could live with that.” he said lightly. “You do make it sound very appealing.” he said, and kissed Zeke on the nose, taking full advantage of his position.

Zeke laughed, wrinkling his nose playfully as Dominic kissed it. "Sooo you're agreeing we should be dating then?" he asked, leaning back and looking up to the older boy with bright eyes and a coy grin. "Cuz I think you should absolutely be my boyfriend," he laughed, reaching up to boop Dominic's nose.

Dominic grinned back at Zeke. "You mean make it official?" he teased and used air quotes as he said official. He had never had a boyfriend or girlfriend before. He had always been so busy with school and then the team there never seemed to be anytime left in the day to even consider it. But he was glad it was happening now, even if the next year or so would be tough on them both. "I think that has a nice ring to it." he agreed. "Boyfriend." he repeated, before laughing as Zeke touched his nose.

Zeke chuckled, nodding easily, laughing outright as Dominic laughed. "C'mon, baby," Zeke stepped back, looking around and seeing a bench nearby. He winked to Dominic before sauntering over and sitting down, stretching out and laying his arm over the back of the bench. "Let's sit down a bit," he offered, figuring they had a bit to talk about.

Dominic smirked as Zeke walked over to one of the benches outside the pitch. Or may be strutted was a better word. “Alright.” he said and followed the other boy. He sat down and leaned back. Part of him wondered if any of the team would walk by, but he was done thinking about them. At least for today. “So...what are your plans for the summer?” he asked, figuring that was a good and safe place to start. They had a lot to figure out but they had time.

Zeke smiled as Dominic sat beside him, stretching out and getting comfortable. He thought about Dom's question. "I'm not sure," he spoke slowly, deciding to open up a little bit. "Usually, its just me. My dad trains recruits at the military base, he stays out, drinks when he's home and watches old cowboy shows. Pretty quiet. Mom stays out all day, running her yoga classes, or cleans when she's home. Bouncing around as much as we did, well, no one ever really notices the military brat," He shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "What are you doing? Maybe I could help," he offered with a cheeky grin.

Dominic listened as Zeke talked about his plans, or lack of plans. He rubbed the back of Zeke's hand gently. "Well I'm not doing much. Probably just taking a couple classes at a community college to make sure I have all the credits I need to start school in the fall." he shrugged. It wasn't like wizard school really prepared them for muggle college. But his parent's insisted he go. They also insisted his brother's go too but that didn't exactly stick with most of them. "Other than that, just hanging out with my parents and my brother's if they're around." he said with a laugh. "And more than likely I'll end up helping my mom with the day care she runs during the summer or my dad with the shop." he said and ran his hand through is hair already stressed about how busy his summer was looking. "You could always visit. I can't promise it would be fun exactly. But you'd get to see me." Dominic suggested a little sheepishly, and nudged Zeke with his knee.

Zeke smiled, listening to Dominic go on about his summer. He tucked Dominic's hair back again after Dominic ran his hand through it. "I would love to visit. I can meet your great big family and steal you away for quiet time with lots of kissing," He teased, brushing his fingers down Dominic's jaw. "Or you could come up and see me for a bit, get away from the noise. It's pretty quiet where I live," he offered with a smile. "Gotta admit, though, babe, I'm gunna be thrilled wherever we go as long as you're there," Zeke winked playfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back