HAWK ALEXANDER ASHLEY
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
tumblr_ltswqmlH4j1qzi3s8o1_500.gif

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I WANNA BE WHERE YOU ARE

--------------------
IF MY INSANITY COMES​

FULL NAME:Hawk Alexander Ashley
NICKNAMES:His good friends from Beuxbatons gave him a lot of trouble, often calling him Chicken Wing, or Bird Boy. Most people call him Hawk though, as it's short enough - if someone really wanted to get on his nerves they might call him Ashley.
AGE AND BIRTH DATE:Hawk is 20 year old on the dot, having turned so February 6th, of 2039 - meaning he was of course born February 6th, of 2019.
BLOOD TYPE:He is a mixed blood, with a father whom is Pureblood and a mother whom is a half-blood.
SEXUALITY: Hawk is a part of the asexual spectrum, and has labeled himself as grey-asexual. This would mean that many circumstances must be met for him to achieve any sort of drive for physical contact. This does not mean that he is aromantic though, and rather enjoys romantic tendencies such as dates, long walks on the beach, and other couple activities.
HOUSE AND YEAR:Hawk graduated from Beuxbatons, but always felt he'd be a Gryffindor, or a Slytherin.
OCCUPATION:He bartends mostly, as he is very charismatic and funny, he often makes good tips.
WAND:Knotted 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Length: A little on the longer side of things, wands of this length are slightly more uncommon and not easily forgotten by others.
Style: The knots of this wand's original wood remain clearly visible - earthy, this style of wand is perhaps most traditional and closest to nature.
Wood: A Laurel wand suits one who pursues glory. Though rumoured to be unable to perform a dishonourable action, Laurel wands are formidable foes and expect their owners to never stop in their pursuit of bigger and better things.
Core: Billywig stingers make for temperate cores, but they are mildly useful when used to heal. Wands with this core tend to what they want to do, making them good for people who are flexible in nature.
Flexibility: Flexible: Not easily broken, this wand performs under strenuous circumstances with little effort - though how well it performs is ultimately up to its weilder.

WAS IT WORTH IT AFTER ALL?

--------------------
OH NO...​

FACE DESCRIPTION: Hawk would often joke about his obvious nose bump growing up, though now as an adult he is proud of his face shape and everything about it, which represents his native heritage. He has high cheekbones, and dark brown eyes that squint as he laughs or smiles. His mouth he always thought was rather large, though he knows he has his mother's mouth, and her straight teeth. He often uses whitening strips on them to keep them pristine, feeling his smile is an extremely important part of him. The laugh lines around Hawk's mouth show the kind of joyful person he is, and though he's only 20 the bags under his eyes and his minor crows feet show that he lives life to the fullest.
BUILD DESCRIPTION:Hawk is tall like his father, but well built from years on the quidditch team as a beater. He has strong upper arms, but rather long legs that have less muscle mass. Because most everyone in his family is built thin, Hawk has always been concerned with not looking gangly, or unhealthy as his mom sometimes does. He still plays sports, and even got into some muggle sports like football as well as rugby. He eventually wants to be in good enough shape to run with the bulls in Barcelona.
SKIN TONE:Hawk is a grey-tan, with freckles all over his body. He does not generally tan much darker than he is - and his skin is dark du to his Indian and Native American Heritages.
FACE CLAIM:Willy Cartier

I NEED YOU HERE WITH ME

--------------------
CAUSE LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED​

PATRONUS:Hawk's Patronus memory was probably when he graduated. Before graduation Hawk was not able to fully form his animagus, explaining the changed use of memory for the spell. His entirely too large family was there to support him, and he was finally done with schooling and could do the exploring he'd always wanted to do with life. His partronus form has always been an aardwolf. After seeing the animal come out of his wand Hawk needed to do research, as it surprised him he'd never seen it before. However, upon letters home he'd discovered that the Aardwolf had been put before him as a child when he and his family traveled to south Africa. His family had been lucky to witness the rescue of two young, whose parents had been poached. The young ones warmed up to him, his father said, and apparently young Hawk had been crushed to leave them behind. He would one day like to see them again.
DEMENTOR:When Hawk was just four years old his mother became pregnant with twins. He could remember being in the waiting room when the nurses and Doctors pulled his father aside, and he overheard that his mother was not going to make it. His father had to break the news to him - however be it miracle or curse, his mother survived, as did his sister Corella. Her twin however did not, and he still wonders what it would have been like had the other twin survived. Perhaps this memory is why he has such a protective nature over Corella.
MIRROR OF ERISED:Currently Hawk would see himself on a safari with the young animals, aardwolves, and not being chased off. He truly wants to find them, and perhaps he could find the ones they nursed - though he is sure it's a long shot.
BOGGART:There is no getting around Hawk's depest fear. The loss of his young sister. He would never forgive himself for not protecting her if he lost her.
AMORTENTIA: Sandlewood, freshly backed cinnamon cookies, bakery bread, and his mother's curry.
STRENGTHS:How about a minimum of five strengths? It shouldn't be too hard, you just have to explore your character really deep. We honestly don't want to see superficial stuff here but we'll accept that unless it gets to obnoxious. You may list this as well.
WEAKNESSES:Same thing as above, only for the reverse. This should reflect your strengths but oppose it at the same time. Make your character a living, breathing piece of literature.
HOBBIES/QUIRKS:You must have a minimum of five hobbies and/or quirks. We want you to have a well fleshed out character, so don't skimp on the details. You can make a simple list, if you so desire.
LIKES:The minimum here is 10 but we encourage you to put more. Okay? Really get into it. List form is perfectly fine.
DISLIKES:The same as above, only the reverse. Make them well balanced.
GENERAL PERSONALITY:Hell yeah we want you to write more! Don't just reiterate everything you've said previously because we'll catch you and probably flay you alive. Just kidding. =) However, we ask that you explore them to the marrow. Make them have layers, even if they are incredibly superficial. We'll love you if there's a reason for your character being a ***** or a complete bully. We ask that this has at least 600 words, or four decent sized paragraphs, meaning eight sentences with excruciating detail packed into everyone. It's not hard and we aren't asking for a novel but we do want a quality answer.

JUST TAKE A HOLD

--------------------/SIZE]OF THE HAND THAT BREAKS THE FALL

NATIONALITY:Right now, we don't want to know where your character lives. We want the backgrounds. Is your character German and Welsh, Russian, or English? Keep in mind that the United Kingdom is a Melting Pot as much as anywhere else and your character probably belongs to a few.
HOME TOWN/CURRENT RESIDENCE:Where was your character born? Have they lived there their entire life? If not, where have they lived? Do they travel a lot? Anything and everything of that nature goes here!
FINANCIAL STATUS:We aren't all rich and neither are your characters. Give them a real background, okay?
FAMILY RELATIONS:We actually want a paragraph of at least eight sentences telling us all about your character's family. His or her parents and siblings and distant relations. Everything's up for grabs here.Do they get along with them or wish them dead? Whatever. =)
RELATIONSHIP STATUS:Taken, single, ready to mingle, married... Yeah, we want to know. Give us detail if you want. If not, it's all good.
PET(S):Students at Hogwarts are allowed a cat, rat, owl, or toad. Nothing else. Please keep this in mind. And no, Peter Pettigrew does not count as a pet and nor do any of the other Marauders. =) Just saying. Does your character have a family owl or a dog at home that they miss dearly? Let us know all!
GENERAL HISTORY:As with the personality, we want lots and lots of detail here. Remember that a persons' history influences their personality. We should see that clearly. Let's have a 700 word minimum or four paragraphs of eight sentences with loads of epicness. We will be looking at this very carefully.
</SIZE>

YOU KNOW I CAN'T DO THIS ALL ON MY OWN

--------------------
I KNOW THAT I'M NO SUPERMAN

<SIZE size="50">

THIS APPLICATION WAS MADE BY NEVAEH DOES A DANCE ?! OF CAUTION 2.0! SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS SITE. DO NOT STEAL OR SHE KILLS YOU. SONG LYRICS ARE FROM LOCKED IN A CAGE BY SKILLET. DO NOT REMOVE THIS CREDIT. KTHNXBAI.
[/font]

Hiya! Loving this character so far. I have a few questions:

1. Is there any particular reason his amortentia smells like sandlewood?
2. How did he feel about his nicknames at Beauxbatons? Did they upset him?
3. What holds him back from chasing his dream working on a safari?
4. Being a wizard, how did he discover football and rugby?
5. What memory did he try to use to conjure his patronus before it changed?
6. Does he live with someone, or by himself?

My good woman, I've not even finished! xD But thank you so much for the questions! Let's take a crack at these.

1.) Hawk's amorentia is Sandlewood because the scent makes him comfortable. Hawk's main condition with his Grey-sexuality is that he needs to be completely relaxed and comfortable in every sense of the word, so it would only make sense that a scent such as sandlewood - which is proven to to relax those around it, would make up his amorentia.

2.) Hawk is a rather laid back guy. He didn't mind the nicknames outwardly, especially not any doing with his first name. However he was rather sensitive around 15-16 about being called by his last name because of its femininity. Now he couldn't care less what people called him, because he calls himself great.

3.) Hawk's own mind is really what's holding him back. He continually makes excuses for why he isn't there, including family and friends and money, when if he put his mind to it, he would be able to achieve his dreams.

4.) Hawk was raised in an environment with his Maternal Grandmother, whom was a muggle. She was very much into watching the World cup, and watching sports, as well as having him play in community sports. Hawk very much so enjoyed both these and Quidditch, and playing the muggle sports, and it helped pass the time when he was in between semesters and couldn't play quidditch.

5.) Before the patronus memory changed, Hawk used the memory of when he got his very first broom. He was twelve years old, and while he had of course used the school's brooms before, he wanted one of his very own. His father bought him a rather hand-me-down broom, but it was one he could call his own none the less.

6.) Hawk currently lives with his family, his parents are in their 60's now and he worries quite a bit about them. He would like to rent a place in town with them, but he is sure that he would hate living by himself and thus needs to find someone he is comfortable enough to be roommates with before doing such.

Woo! Hawk and I rocked these questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back