Having no fun

Amber Watson

Amber was bored as it is and she was outside in the cold with nothing to do. As she laid in the grass with no jacket on and goosebumps on her arms she wished someone cool would come by and talk to her.

Benjamin was down with his exams and was chilling before the summer break finally began so he could go to New Zealand and enjoy winter with his family. He had been flying whole afternoon practicing on his seeker skills. Sweat covered his face, making it shine in the dim sun.

As he was walking back to the school with his broom in his hand he noticed someone sitting all by themselves in the grass. "Hello" he said with a smile as he changed direction and approached the girl. "May I join you?"he asked with a grin. He knew Amber Watson was a sixth year, a year younger than himself and he had always respected the girl because she was so sweet.

Amber looked up surprised Benjamin was talking to her she saw him but he never said a word to her. "yeah you can join me" she said pushing her hair behind her ear but left the side that was on his side down in front of her face.

Benjamin sat beside Amber and gave her a smile. Ben was very good with introductory talks when it came to the girls with whom he flirted yet for the first time in life words failed him. Giving her another smile that revealed a dimple on his left cheek he thought, You aren't playing a silent game....talk something

"Benjamin" he said introducing himself. Of course she knows your name already he thought cursing himself for acting like a fool. "Do you like flying?"he asked stupidly. "I love it on such sunny days" he told her with a warm smile.

Amber smiled when he started to blab. "um no i don't fly i can't no body ever taught me how and i'm amber by the way... wait i think you already know my name um... so sunny days are nice i bet it is nice to fly up there on a sunny day." she said smiling at him and thought to herself 'what a fool' she thought to herself looking out at the sky.

Benjamin smiled as Amber mentioned that she couldn't fly. The way he had been brought up, flying had been everything for him. "I could teach you, although I'm not the best teacher"he suggested Amber with another smile. He surely felt, for the first time in life that he could make friends with a girl with out flirting with her.

Amber smiled back. "sure" she said knowing that her parents wouldn't approve but she for once didn't care as she looked at him.

"Great" he said with a smile as he waved his wand and non verbally summoned Daniel's firebolt. Amber could use it and he was sure Dan wouldn't mind. He watched as the broom came and he smiled handling it to Amber. "Shall we?"he asked her with a grin. Hoping she wouldn't hesitate to use this broom he added quickly "It's my best friend's, he won't say anything"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back