Having a look around

Charlotte Wilson

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Charlotte was in awe of all the shops in Obsidian Harbor. She felt like such a hick, stopping and gawking at all the shops. There was the wand shop, the book store, the broomstick shop! Even the ice-cream store looked magical! She definately did not seem like the well-brought up young lady from Sydney's North Shore her mother and father had taught her to be. At least nobody she knew was here to see her now.
Stopping outside the Apocathery, Charlotte gaped in wonder. "Wow," she breathed. "Wow!" One of the things that intrigued her most about the wizarding world was creating potions. The shop, although not some place Charlotte would have ever wanted to enter with her friends back home, looked simply fascinating. "Wizards are so awesome!" she said to herself, louder than she thought she should have.

Shaylah had been walking round Obsidian with no purpose. Her dad was home but he was working so she was getting bored. This also made it so she was in a bad mood.
She walked past the apothecary and heard a girl talking to herself. "What do you expect. Muggles aren't exactly anything amazing. they might as well be vermin running round the streets." Shaylah never fit in with muggles. She only ever went to a muggle school for one day and she ended up beating up a kid the same age as her. Her dad had her home tutored for the rest of her school years.

Hearing a girl slander muggles, Charlotte immediately fired up. Sure, she was a witch. But she was also muggle born, and her best friends were muggles. "Excuse me?" Charlotte responded, raising an eyebrow as she turned to face the girl. "What did you just say?" she added, mildly annoyed. She'd heard that some witches and wizards saw muggles as an inferior lifeform. That was injust, in Charlotte's eyes. Muggles were just as great as wizards and witches. Sure, the wizarding world was more exciting to Charlotte, but that did not detract from the muggle world one bit.

Shaylah smiled. The girl had reacted as Shaylah had expected. "You heard me. Anyway, why do you care about about them?? They're nothing but scum." Shaylah had already decided thatmuggle borns were no better than muggles. She had already been in a fight with a muggle born but then again the girl deserved everythin she got.

Charlotte's eyes narrowed, as she glared at the girl. A girl who looked to be only about her age. Scowling, Charlotte retorted, "Muggles are far from scum." Taking a deep breath, she gathered her thoughts together before she continued. "I know lots of muggles and they are great people, far better than you," she hissed, fully aware that she didn't even know this girl yet she was still being harsh to her. But right now, Charlotte didn't care. Nobody could insult her family and friends and expect to get away with it.

Shaylah laughed. "How can you say they're better than me. You don't even know me." Shaylah knew her dad always told her not to hate people just because they were muggles or muggleborns. He did that and ended up stuck. Shaylah didn't care. She still did the same thing all the time.

Charlotte cocked an eyebrow in smug superiority. "I know enough from the fact that you'd go and say things like that about muggles. My family and friends are muggles," she stated, not really thinking properly. "Muggles have done so many wonderful things for society, you can't just go calling them vermin!" she exclaimed, quite worked up by this point.

Shaylah took a step back and showed a face of disgust. "Eew. You're a mudblood. That's just disgusting. Next you're going to say you wanna be in gryffindor. That's just double eew. Gryffindor is like the worst house ever."

Charlotte narrowed her eyes in disgust and irritation. "Disgusting?" she repeated, a little shocked. Even the worst things Charlotte said were never quite that bad. "I am pretty sure it is not the worst house ever. And I do not appreciate having my name and blood slandered in such a manner, thank you. My blood is as blue as yours. More so, as I don't feel the need to go calling people disgusting, whatever their heritage is." B!tch, she added, but only inside her head.

Shaylah grinned at the girl. "You may not appreciate it but it's the truth. I'm a truthful person. Mainly because I'm a bad liar. Plus if you think you're blood is as blue as mine..." She looked the girl up and down. "...then you need to think about what you're saying. You might not hae noticed but my blood isn't the same as a rat's."

"Your blood may not be the same as a rat's," Charlotte began, attempting to keep an even tone of voice. "But at least I don't look like one," she retorted, wrinkling up her nose in disgust at the girl. "If my blood is similar to that of a rat's, at least my qualities are human," she scoffed, as she gave the girl an incredulous look.

"FYI, I don't care what I look like. I never have. Talk about my face as much as you want bacause frankly I don't give a damn. In my opinion it's mostly ancestory that makes a person who they are. Which is why you are nothing to me. You're worthless." Shaylah smiled up at the girl. The one thing she did find annoying was her height. She didn't know anyone her age who was shorter than her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back