Having a Bad Day

Sophia laughed slightly, trying to envision Kale chasing after the Snitch. "I agree, you are too tall for Seeker. I can just see you trying to catch the snitch and hitting your leg on something."

Kale winced at the thought of his legs getting caught onto something, "I think I'll stick with Beater." he said blinkily, "You know, you're pretty tall too..." Kale said observantly and cocking his head to the side. He never really did pay attention enough to notice when others were close to his height, albeit he was used to looking down at others.

Sophia looked down at her own legs which were adorned by stockings from the knee down, wearing her uniform skirt. She then looked back up at Kale, smirking. "Yeah, I am not entirely sure how though. My father is not short, but he is not extremely tall. Same with my mother. Are your parents tall?" Sophia had never really talked to Kale about his family. She vaguely remembered that he had some siblings, but that was about it. In fact, she could not even remember where Kale was from.

Kale straightened his Slytherin uniform tie that had went a bit loose since he was sitting around, he then looked down at his own legs once more. "Me Ma is actually very short...compared to my brother and myself." he laughed slightly and continued, "I'm not sure how tall my father was though...but my grandfather, his Da is actually very tall." he said, he was finally used to talking about his father without feeling awkward. "Do you have any siblings, Sophia?" Kale inquired casually, he wasn't sure if they had already gone over that in the past.

Sophia listened to Kale, a bit surprised when he said he did not know how tall his father was. It then dawned on her that he must not know his father, and Sophia began to wonder what her life would be like if she had never met her father. Probably a lot better.

"No, I am an only child. Surprising, actually, I would have thought my father would have wanted an heir. I am not sure why they only had me. Now my parents are not even together."

Kale listened to Sophia closely, he couldn't imagine not having any other siblings. His life would definitely not have been the same without his brothers and sisters, much more boring. He felt a bit awkward when she mentioned her father, he wasn't sure if she already knew about his father being dead; so to side step the subject he quickly regained himself and began pulling at the grass once more, "I can't imagine not having anyone to tourment for your own amusement when you're bored." he responded to Sophia stating that she didn't have any siblings.

Sophia had to shake her head slightly, trying to grasp what Kale had just said. "You and your siblings torment each other for amusement?" Sophia thought he was talking about actual torture, not understanding the dynamics of sibling relationships.

Kale laughed at Sophia's perplexed look, she obviously didn't understand the concept of sibling rivalry. "Yes!" he said with a laugh, "It's sort of a way of arguing...you basically find ways to annoy them just for their reactions and tantrums afterwards...it can be very amusing." Kale tried to explain, he wasn't sure if he was being thorough enough. "We don't actually 'tourchure' eachother. Do you get what I am saying?" he inquired while raising his eyebrows.

Sophia stared at Kale in wonder for a moment, still trying to grasp this concept he was attempting to explain. "Not really. You sound like a bunch of sadists to me. I thought families were supposed to be nice to each other?" Not that Sophia's family was all entirely nice to each other, but she just figured her family was a bad example of one.

"Sadists?" Kale inquired with a strange look, "Well, we never actually physically injure eachother...not too bad anyway. And I would never hit a girl.." he said imagining what his father would say if he were to present any harm to his sisters, he then nudged her lightly with his elbow. "Since there are 6 of us kids in the family, things could get out of hand sometimes though.." he continued to explain.

Sophia looked at Kale, still trying to process all of this. "No wonder you are a Beater," she finally said with a slight smirk. "I cannot imagine growing up with so many people. it must be loud."

Kale nodded at Sophia with a wicked grin, "That is definitely a part of my being a Beater." he said with a laugh, it was true; his brothers were always rough with him which really helped him when he was out on the feild.

"So, what do you think of the first years?" Kale inquired casually, knowing that it was a bit off topic but felt the urge to ask.

Sophia considered Kale's question, unsure as to how to answer. "To be honest, I have not interacted much with any of them. I had one smart mouth me in the Dungeons, but I never even caught his name. To closest I have gotten to them really is when I walked in on a midnight meeting in the Common Room, led by Bellatrix and Athene."

Kale smirked at Sophia, "A meeting?" he inquired with a slight laugh, only imagining what Bellatrix and Athene were trying to put in the first years heads.

"Yes, a meeting. They both tried to say they were just getting to know the First Years, but I highly doubt that. Athene was smart and went to bed right after I broke it up, but Bellatrix stayed and continued to make a fool of herself."

[I am still sort of in that RP, so I really cannot say much more until it is done.]

"Well...that is what Bellatrix does best, right?" Kale said sarcastically while rolling his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back