Harri Fainted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Sparks

Wand
Maple 12 3/4 Inches with Essence of Silver Thistle
Ellie pushed open the Hospital wing doors with all her might. The tears were still flowing down her cheeks as she dragged Harri through with her and shouted
"NURSE, HELP" she didnt care that she was screaming, Harri was unconciouse and had made no reaction to being half dragged across the grounds and through the castle.
"NURSEEE" she yelled again when no assictance came.

Harri, still unconcious still made no movement, she could hear faintly a sound in the distance but it made no sense to her. Then as soon as the noise had come in went and she was back sitting there chatting with Emma just like they used to do before.

Ellie looked down at Harri and thought she seen her eyelids flicker for a moment, but then sat closed, like the had the whole way there.
"HELP" Ellie screamed once more through sobs. Her voice eas becoming husky from shouting and she was wondering were the Nurse was.

Patrick had been in his office deep in study he had begun a correspondence course in order to work his way up to a Professor of Healing. He heard the screams and ran as fast as he could out to the hospital wing. On seeing two familiar faces, he raised his wand instantly and using the levitating charm rose Harri up from Ellies arms and moved her to a bed.
"What happened Ms. Sparks?"

Ellie sighed a sigh of relief as the nurse came out.
"Well, me and Harri were down by the lake. She was really upset.Shes just had a letter from home saying her best friend Pa.. Pass. Passed away. Then sudden she just sort of went unconciouse." Ellie told him in Reply, watching him lift Harris limp body onto a hospital bed. Taking deep breaths to stop her tears.

"She's fainted from the shock is all" Patrick told her, "Why don't you take a seat Ms. Sparks you look like you could do with some rest after dragging her up here".

He took his wand out and waving it over Ms. Turner said the reviving incantation, "re-enervate".
He knew that the spell would only help to revive her, it was dealing with her grief and trauma that worried him.

In seconds Harri's blissful sleep was over and her eyelids flew open, she was no longer by the lake but surrounded by white linen and the smell of dissinfectant. "Where am I ?" she asked sleepily before remembering the contents of the letter. "Where's Emma? I need to see her now. Please let me see her!" She gushed she looked at Mr. Obrien trying to seek comfort in him before trying to get off the bed and out of the hospital wing while wet salty tears poured down her cheeks.

Patrick raised his wand immediately, flicking it he said, "Accio-dreamless-sleep-potion". Within a moment the potion came to rest in his hands, he summoned a vial from the table and once he had both of these and pocketed his wand. He poured a measured amount into the vial.
"I need you to drink this" he said to her,"You have just experienced a very emotional trauma, you need for now to calm yourself. We are here for you, ssshhh now", he passed her the vial and waited.

Harri continued to sob and took the vial from him and drank the potion inside it, immedietly she felt calmer and she went back to the bed and sat down "Thank you" she said the essence of sadness still wavering in her voice, her eyes still red rore and tears still swelling in her eyes.

Patrick went to her bedside glad that the worst effects of the trauma would have lessened but it certainly didn't mean that she no longer felt the sadness.
"Would you like to talk about it Ms. Turner?"

Ellie sat on a chair, like Mr.Obrien had told her too and watched as he revived Harri. "Harri" She said, her voice husky. Ellie watched on as Harri tried to get out of bed and Mr.Obrien gave her a potion. She didnt know what to do, "Are you ok Harri" She asked, as soon as the words left her mouth she cursed herself, what a stupid question, obviosly she wasnt alrite.

Tears spilled out of Harri's eyes the potion had calmed her but the grief still washed over her body. She lay on the bed still, she could hear their voices around her but as she lay on the bed she could think of nothing but Emma. Talking about it was the last thing she wanted to do, but deep down inside she knew that it was best to discuss what had happened rather then to bottle it up. Ellie asked her if she was ok but she could replie with nothing. She wasn't ok, not at all she felt like screaming but loosing another close friend would not help her at all. "Oh I'm sure you don't want to hear all about my problems" she said to Mr.Obrien attempting a smile but instead bursting into a fresh flood of tears, her face crunpled and she burried it in her hands. She stayed there for a little while before rasing her tear stained face "She was my friend" she whispered "My best friend and now she's. She's. she's gone" the words stung her ,inside the pain was unbearable and she could do nothing but cry out she slumped on the bed, her tears soaking the pillow untill it was uncomfortable to rest upon. "She can't be gone. She she's not gone is she, she hasn't died she she can't have" she cried, she couldn't help but repeat herself.

Ellie lifted her knees up onto the chair and sat her head on them. The tears were poring down her cheeks like a waterfall. She hated seeing Harri like this, she wanted to tell her that No, Emma wasnt dead, but it would be a totall lie. She hated not being able to help her. Ellie looked up at Mr.Obrien to see if he knew what to do.

Patrick watched Harriet convulse into a fresh wave of tears he strode over to her side and placed a comforting arm about her and handed her a hankerchief.
"I wish I could tell you that she wasn't gone but I can't Harriet, I wish I could tell you that she has gone to a better place but I can't do that either. What I can do is to tell you not to forget her, you have memories built up, stored away in your heart and soul of your bestfriend. Over the next few days, weeks and even months you'll need these to fall back on. Think about her everyday and don't be afraid to talk about her. If you stop, you might later start saying how you can't remember her hair colour or how she used to laugh. Remember every detail of the little things and she will always be with you. In your heart!" he spoke softly and kindly to her, "Death is not the end at least so many believe. Would she want you now to be sad for her, to spend your days in tears because of her? Tell me about her Harriet, please if you don't mind".

Harri gratefully excepted the hankerchief and was glad of the comforting arm that came with it. She wiped away the tears on her face but they were quickly replaced with a new set of tears. She listened as Mr. Obrien spoke. It was true what he said Emma wouldn't want Harri sitting here crying and so she closed her eyes and imagined Emma, every detail came flooding back. The sound of her voice, her laugh. The colour of her hair her eyes. The way she snored and talked in her sleep. Everything. Harri knew everything about Emma, they were best friends and had been from the day they met at Nursrey. Harri remembered the good times they had had going on holiday together starting school, going to junior school. Harri felt that Emma's family were her family, Harri had been good friends with Emma's twin brother. He was like a brother to her, he looked out for her and so did Emma. Emma was protective of Harri and didn't like anyone who was mean to her. On several occasions Emma had helped her out when people started thinking she was weird as her magic grew stronger. Emma was her bestfriend and always would be. She still had her eyes closed when she suddenly realised that Mr.Obien had asked her a question. She took a deep breath in and started to speak. "Emma was..." she paused "IS my bestfriend, we met at nursery when we were about three and I still remember that day like it was yesterday, as we went through the school people said we wouldn't still be friends that people change but we proved them wrong. We proved them all wrong" she wiped a tear from her eye then carried on " I know everything there is too know about her, she's more then my bestfriend she's like a sister." She said and in the first time it what seemed like forever a smile crept across her face. " We had soo much fun together! We used to get up to mishchied like me and Ellie do know!" Harri said and smiled at Ellie and Mr.Obrien, she felt like she could smile know though the tears were still flowing. "She has blonde hair though I always used to tell her it was going ginger it made me laugh but she always got offended and started looking in the mirror and saying 'it's not really is it?' and then and then we'd laugh and she knew I was only joking but she'd always Always check! She had blue eyes they were really bright and glistened when she was up to no good! She laughed like a manic people used to tell her she had an evil laugh and she snorted when she laughed!" the tears started flowing faster as it dawned on her she would never again hear that laugh " She was tall, much taller then me and she was funny and kind and caring" she stopped out of breath from talking so much "And she didn't deserve to die so young, she had her whole life ahead of her and she should have lived it. she had the right to live it!" Harri said and bit her lip trying not to cry but she couldn't help it they flowed thick and fast and she carried on leaning against Mr.Obrien getting his top wet "Sorry sorry!" she mumbled and stopped leaning against him she sat up straight not leaning against anything and stared into space thinking of the times she had spent with Emma.

Patrick listened as she talked about her friend, he allowed her to lean against him and cry. And really didn't mind his robes getting wet, they needed washing anyway he thought.
"The more you talk about her over the next few days the better you will begin to feel you know" his voice was gentle "Do you keep a journal Ms. Turner? I'm just asking because sometimes that helps as well. I know a girl who kept one and wrote in it as if she were writing to her sister. Her sister has been dead many years but it helps her to deal and cope with the loss, as if she were just writing to her away".

Harri continued sitting on the bed thinking of Emma "No I don't, Do you think it would help?" She asked wipping away yet another tear. The journal probably was a good idea she wasn't sure if it would help that much but it might make her feel a bit better.

"You can only but try and then in a few years when perhaps you have forgotten something that you promised yourself you wouldn't. You can open up the journal and it's all there" he patted her hand, hoping he had been of some comfort.

"Thats a really good idea" she said, "I don't want to forget anything about her ever" Harri said "Thank you" she said looking at Mr.Obrien, he had helped her alot since she arrived in the hospital wing

Ellie smiled a warm smile at Harry and a thankfull one at Mr.Obrien, she was glad that Harri was talking and things now and she didnt know what she would have done without Mr.Obrien!
She knew it would take Harri alot of time until she was chirpy and cheerfull again and she thought Mr.Obriens idea of a journal was a great idea!
"Now i know what to get you for christmas" Ellie joked and put her hair behind her ears, it had been syuck to her face with tears! Even though she hadnt known Emma she fekt her loss, Ellies own cousin had died when she was only 2 and Ellie had been really close to her!

Patrick smiled at both girls kindly, summoning another hankerchief for Ms. Sparks.
"Young ladies if ever you need to talk about anything please feel free to come here, I know some days I'm ridiculously busy but not enough to not want to talk. Even if it's something frivolous or something as grave and important as this, my door is always open for you" he looked at them both and though he had never had paternal instincts except towards his niece, he felt something close at that moment.

Harri smiled, although she was sad she was glad she had spoken to Mr. Obrien he was nice and reminded her an awful lot of her own uncle, whom she now felt the urge to write too. He had known Emma and her family and he had been around for her more then most other people in her life. "Shall we get out of your way now?" she asked sniffing slightly as she spoke.

"Yes! I would like you to leave immediately" he told them, then he smiled kindly shaking his head, "Don't be silly girls. If you need to stay and compose yourself a bit better then by all means stay. There is no hurry".

"Thanks" Harri said "But I think I'll go" and with that she jumped off the bed and left the wing on her own. She needed some time alone to think and although she knew it was mean and horrible for her to leave Ellie when she had been so nice to her she had to go alone. "I'll see you late?" she said to Ellie and turned and walked out of the hospital wing "Thank you Mr.Obrien" she said as she left. She was aware her face and eyes were swollen but at the moment she didn't care.

Patrick smiled as the girl left, "It was my pleasure Ms. Turner".
He turned after she had left to her friend, "And how are you holding up?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back