Happy Holiday

Abel Smith

Sexual Orientation
Complicated.
Wand
Curly 15 Inch Rigid Ebony Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
It had just became the holidays, and already Abel was ready to go back to school. His home was just not interesting enough. He was just so bored. He had nothing to do, other than gather dust. In fact, the only person he had a meaningful, interesting conversation with was his sister, Kialla. But she was busy right now, being distracted by other things that only she could find interesting. Abel had been reading the majority of his time, and he had had enough of books. If he read one more book, his brain was going to pop. Could one die from over book reading? If one could, Abel was sure he would be the first case. He sighed, and dashed back up the stairs once he collected a pumpkin pasty, and stretched out on his bed, stuffing his face. There really was nothing else to do. However, when his northern spotted owl kept making a ruckas, he thought of a good idea, and opened his cage. "Hello Lionel," he greeted, petting the owl. "How 'bout you do me a favour." It took him simply a few minutes to write a letter, and attach it to Lionel's foot. "Fly safely."
Letter said:
Dear Killua,
Hey, how are your holidays so far?
It's really boring here in Scotland. I've been spending most of my time outside, but the weather has been a little poor, so it hasn't been much fun. My sister keeps having her boyfriend over. She says that they're just friends, but seriously. It's starting to make me sick with them just there being all adorable and stuff.
I hope you're having more fun than I am in the castle. What's it like? Anything you think I should know?Seen anything interesting?

Well, that about wraps up my letter. I look forward to hearing from you!
~Abel

There was only one word to describe how Killua Freecss is feeling at the moment. Bored. That's all there was to it. Nothing more, nothing less. Amusements had ceased to come back to me but still, Kil was trying so hard to keep himself awake and not so bored all the time. And he was sure, very sure in fact, that it is not easy to be keeping oneself busy just to not be driven away by insanity. And with that, Kil just stayed in his room, willing himself to go to sleep but he was greatly preoccupied by the want to do something, anything! He after all had ran out of things to go after while vacation was ongoing. Aaren was nowhere to be found and from there he knew that she had most probably gone back to her family. Abel as well had gone back to his country leaving the former assassin to spend the vacation alone.

Then like an angel in disguise and a savior, an owl had arrived to his room and sure enough, it was Abel's. Killua couldn't help but grin as now he could at the very least preoccupy himself with something! Getting a quill, ink and parchment, and begun writing his letter which didn't take so long to finish and he was finally sending his hawk to Abel so that the owl could rest and just fly back whenever it wished. "Kuragon, take this letter to Abel," the wizard told his hawk before setting it free to do it's work.

Letter said:
Dear Abel,
It's so boring here in the castle that I wish that it were connected to some other world I could possibly explore. It would have been much fun if you were here or Aaren, you know her right? The redhead I sometimes tell you about. I wish there was something fun to happen here to but I don't think there would be anytime soon. Don't worry I'll keep you updated.

Well, that's it for now! I shall write again soon.
~Kil

P.S. Your owl is here for a few hours or a day. Don't worry it'll return and my hawk isn't violent at all. You should be fine.

One good thing about the holidays was that he could sleep in without having a fellow student wake up at obscure hours of the morning. If Abel was woken up before nine, there were problems. And since he often had morning classes, that meant that he had to get up before nine. Then he had to take a shower and get breakfast and also look somewhat presentable. Half the time Abel just threw on some clothes and just walked out, not even looking at the state of his hair. Half the time it looked like he had seen a potion explode. Not at home though. At home, Abel could live his nocturnal lifestyle and only have his mother hanging from his ear, and she was easily ignored.

However, this did not occur today. At seven in the morning, Abel heard a scratching. Deciding that this scratching was not worth his time, he dropped his pillow on his face, and began to nod off once more. However, when he felt clawed feet on his chest and something nudging at his pillow. He slowly lifted it up, and found himself eye-to-eye with a bird of prey. A hawk, except this hawk seemed pretty big to the half-asleep pure blood, who proceeded to scream - causing the hawk to squwak - and fell out of his bed, all the while the poor hawk evacuated outside and perched in a tree.

Abel slid off the ground and hung out the window lazily. He shielded his eyes from the sun, and squinted at where the hawk had landed. It was then that he saw a letter. "Oh Merlin..." he muttered, climbing out the window and carefully sliding to the edge. He felt his pajama pants, for some reason trying to find a pocket. He then groaned and realised that, even if they did have pockets and his wand was in it, he was not allowed to use magic, because he was grounded. He climbed back into his room and began to trudge outside, where it turned out that it had rained the night before. In somewhat of a bad moon, Abel slowly began to climb the tree. Once he reached where the hawk was, he tried to swipe for the letter, but the hawk panicked and scratched him, several times. Abel yelped, and fell out of the tree, straight into the pond underneath. With a lilypad on his head, Abel scrambled out and lay stretched on the sullen ground, only to have the hawk fly to his side, and nudge his head. "Great, now you decide you want to be near me," he grumbled, removing the letter from the hawk and slowly getting up. "Come on."
Letter said:
Dear Killy,
Well, this morning I had a terrible experience. Which I will go into detail at the end of the letter. Anyway, I wish I was there too, but sometimes the school just becomes stuffy and boring. I guess it'd be more fun if we were all together and hanging out, but yeah. Holidays will fly away, so you don't have to wait too long. And yes, I remember you talking about Aaren. Lots of times...

Anyway, this morning your hawk scared the cr@p out of me, and then flew into a tree. I tried to get it down but ended up climbing it. I guess I scared your hawk, because it scratched me several times and I fell out of the tree into my grandmother's pond. She's pretty furious, and now I'm grounded for the rest of the holidays. So, I guess I'll be having loads of fun this holidays.
Of, and thanks for telling me about my owl. He does that because he hates his cage. I fed your hawk, and sorry I scared it!
~Abel​
<i>
</i>

Killua most certainly hated the holidays. Things were just so boring without anyone to keep him company. He would always find the simplest activities like conversing and just hanging around with someone to be the most fascinating and amusing. Most especially if said people were either Abel or Aaren. Sadly though, faith was against him as those two people had decided to go to their homes for the holidays while Kil was completely against the idea of going home. He hated the very idea of staying cooped up in that mansion again, and besides, he wasn't very keen on the idea of going on those missions ever again. With his age and built, he was sure that when he goes back, his family would have him do those jobs, and he didn't want to. And so, he planned to never go back to that mansion again.

The Slytherin had done nothing but lay around his bed and eat and walk endlessly about the castle whilst vacation was going by. Most of the time, he would have spent time with Kuragon (his hawk) and Picario (his cat), but sadly, the Bombay cat was asleep and his hawk still hasn't come back from sending the letter. Even Abel's owl had left as soon as it wanted to and so the young boy had nothing to do. After a few hours, he had decided to come back to his room and much to his delight, his hawk had returned, carrying a letter with it. He grinned as he approached his bird and got the letter before going to his bed to lay down and read the letter. A few moments later though, he was bursting in laughter. A genuine laugh that could rarely be heard from the former assassin! "I knew he was clumsy, but this is just priceless!" he yelled out laughing as he got up and started scribbling his reply letter. This was one of the times where he wished he could see his dear friend, during the midst of his clumsiness. As soon as the letter was done, he had once again handed it to his hawk, letting it leave whenever it was ready.

Letter said:
Dear Abel,

Still nothing interesting here in the castle. There are barely any people here after all. Holidays do pass by quickly and I want it to end right away. Holidays in the castle are much, much, much worse than having to spend the days with classes and such. Come back early will you?! It's so boring here! And I don't talk about Aaren all that much! There isn't much to talk about her to begin with. I do not talk about her a lot.

I guess I should have told you earlier that Kuragon can be quite jumpy and panicky, yes? But really?! You fell down the tree?! I could've sworn that if I was there I would laugh my head off and I would never let you hear the end of it! Such a shame though that I wasn't there to begin with. Swimming in Grandma's pond sound like a lot of fun so try to have fun the rest of the Holidays.

Your owl flew back I suppose. He just upped and left me here without notice, but I did feed him and thanks for feeding Kuragon and it's quite fine that you scared him, hope he didn't beat you up to much though.

~Kil

Abel sighed as he sipped a disgusting potion that his mother made for him. Merlin it was horrible. She tried to tell him that it wasn't as bad as he was acting, but it tasted pretty foul to the Slytherin. But it was to make him feel better, since these holidays were certainly trying to kill him. If boredom didn't get him, his clumsiness certainly would. However, when he saw a hawk enter the window this time, he was excited to greet him. "Hello!" He placed his potion on the table and collected the note from the hawk. He smiled slightly at the letter, knowing all too well that Killy was probably on the floor laughing or something at his misfortune. He left for his bedroom, seeing as Grandfather Mckay had been sick as of late and it probably wasn't wise to be in his way. Though his favourite family member by far, even Abel could push his buttons sometimes.
Letter said:
Dear Killy,
It's better when not crowded! You don't have to worry about anyone getting into your business. You've virtually got the castle to yourself. Are there any other Slytherin's behind? Try getting them to hang out. What about hunting the giant squid? Or running off into the forest? I'm sure you'll find something to entertain yourself. I'll think about coming back early, but I don't think it'll work. I should be here because I promise my grandfather I'd stay.
And you do talk about her - a lot. You also look at her all the time,don't think I haven't noticed! Don't worry though, as your friend I'll keep it a secret. What are friends for, right?

Would have been nice, but then again, I would have needed to get the letter first. At least he's not super violent, otherwise I could've lost an eye! And yes, I fell out a tree and landed in my grandmother's pond. She was not very impressed to find me running through her house trying to find a towel with a lily pad on my head. No one thought to use their magic to help, they just kept laughing! It was horrible. I was sure she was going to hex me or something. But she didn't, so that's good. I'll try to find more entertaining things to do - probably go hiking through the forest or something with my siblings.

Just feed Lionel anything - he eats anything. Seriously. He's also a little rude like that, just flying off whenever it suits him- hence his cage. Anyway,I'll be fine, honest!
~Abel​
<i>
</i>

Killua had just gone back from dinner at the Great Hall. He was certainly getting quite annoyed of the idea about not having a roommate and then not having any person to talk to. He was quite sure the Mitch was lurking the castle somewhere, after all, she didn't want to go home as well thanks to the betrothal that their parents had set her up in. And he wasn't exactly one to go searching about the castle for her since he knew that the Hufflepuff would be the one looking for him if she needed him, and he knew that Mitch just wanted to be alone for a while and he respected that as her brother. However, he was not pleased by the fact that he was alone in his room and had absolutely no ne to pick on or to talk to.

And therefore, he was glad when he had spotted the letter placed on his desk. That meant that Abel had replied. It always seemed like ages to him before Abel replied, after all he was alone and so he had always thought that it was weeks, but in totality it was only a day or two. The Slytherin quickly grabbed the letter and opened it before starting a reply. Abel never did cease to amaze him and so he continued to stay as his friend. Besides, Abel was one of the few that looked past his eyes that screamed hell. And so, he was grateful for the other Slytherin as he wrote his reply to the boy.

Letter said:
Dear Abel,

It is not fun at all. I could explore the castle even when there's a ton of people here, but there's just no one to pick on. It feels downright lonely. There are a couple of Slytherins hanging about but you know me, not much of a sociable person so no, I don't talk to any of them. Hunting the giant squid is just plain boring, I could see it all the time in the lake and going to the forest alone is pretty much insane, considering that I haven't memorized the place yet. Although, if there was someone with me, I'd guess it would be pretty worthwhile seeing the place. And I've almost combed every inch of the castle that can be entered by students like you and me.

Is it really that obvious? I'm not really sure, I'm not used to girls and Mitch isn't really someone I'd consider as some girl since I consider her a sister and I'm sure as hell that I don't see Aaren as a sister.

Do tell me if something happens to you again because of your clumsiness. I find it quite entertaining after all. You never cease to amaze me with your extravagant ideas of having yourself fall over the place. And have fun with the activities your planning!

I must admit he is quite rude since I never know if he just escaped or is hiding somewhere. Do tell if he had returned there already.

~Kil

Abel had neglected to write to Killua for some time. A series of unfortunate events had attacked the young Slytherin, and the last thing he wanted was to be reminded of his friend, who was safe and sound at the castle. Killua's bird stopped coming after Abel finally convinced it that he was not interested in seeing either of them. He just was not up for it, and he still wasn't. However, after his sister found Killua's letter in his room - unopened - she was furious, and demanded that Abel give him a response or she would. So, Abel took to his desk lethargically. The laziness would surely show itself in his unruly and near illegible handwriting as he scribbled on some parchment. Once finished, he gave it to his own bird, with strict instructions to drop off the letter and return. The Slytherin was not in the mood for Lionel's games.
Dear Killua,
Sorry I haven't replied to you for a while. I've been busy with stuff, and still am, actually. So I don't think I'll be replying much after this.
I won't be able to come back early, as I have some family business to fix up, sorry.
I hope you've had a good holiday thus far - just be careful.
I'll see you later. Stay safe.
~Abel

~FINISHED~
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back