Happy Families

Svetlana Altukhova

Svetlana walked along the path holding the hands of her two youngest siblings. Well, not even full siblings, half siblings. She sighed as they stumbled along beside her and slowed her pace. It wasn't her fault she had incredibly beautiful, long legs. She yawned and looked over her shoulder at the suitcases and various other pieces of storaging that was floating along behind them. This was ridiculous, her stupid mother just couldn't handle her, so now she had to suffer by being treated like a child and sent to live with her father, she didn't even know him! What if he was some creepy guy with a wand. There had to be some reason he left her mother, it wasn't because she was ugly or anything, her mother was bloody gorgeous. That was where she got her looks after all. She looked down at Ruben as he pulled on her hand. He wanted to be picked up, but Svetlana didn't want too. She returned her attention back to the road and continued to pull them along. Imogen and Ellington were going on about something that she wasn't much bothered to listen too. She was pretty sure that one was teasing the other about their name, possibly they were both doing it, but seeing as Ellington had the weird name, it made sense that it would be her at the brunt of it.

Svetlana looked down at Ruben again and rolled her eyes, groaning as she bent down to pick him up. He was six years old for god sakes! He should walk himself! She looked over at Imogen. "Be quiet you lot! You'll bring the bloody neighbourhood out!" She had yelled a little louder then she probably should have because Ruben had cringed into her neck. She didn't know what she was supposed to do with babies. Or children for that matter. She was an only child for goodness sakes! What did she know about any of that. The only hope for these kids was that their father knew what he was doing, because she refused to play housewife. As they approached the house, well, what she figured was the house judging by the address she had written on the paper. She put Ruben back on his feet and headed up to the door. She turned to glare at her siblings. "Alright, shut your mouths!" She moved to the door and knocked once, promptly. She knocked twice for no-one. A cold smile formed on her face as the door opened to reveal two men. One, her father, the other? Some hairy barbarian he was living with. "Hi Daddy-dear, your past just came back to bite you in the @rse." She then looked at the other man snobbishly. "I see after dumping my model-like mother, you decided to go for the hairy-barbarian type. Classy." She rolled her eyes and barged her way into the house, thrusting Ruben into Austiin's arms. "Where am I sleep? I have conditions. I cannot sleep under a window, and the room can't be drafty. I don't do draft. I don't share. I need a personal bathroom with a lock, because I'm a lady and need my privacy. Also, I want a double bed - because I'm worth it."

Austiin stood stubbornly in his lounge room, as the circus that was probably his children walked down the street. Yes, he could hear them. He was sure that people in New York were wondering what the strange racket was. He smiled,meekly at Cameron, who he was sure was about ready to kill him and sell him to a glue factory. He was lucky enough to have Cameron not throwing a fit about this, since he so easily could. He was incredibly lucky to have someone like Cameron to be there for him all the time. He sighed once again and rubbed his temple as he heard his - what assumed to be his eldest daughter's - voice, being abrupt and rude once more. Oh, he was going to have fun with this one. He had been sent a letter from Vera, explaining that their daughter was too much for her now and so she decided that Austiin should handle her. Since, he's magical too, so she must have assumed he would miraculously be great with bratty teenage girls. What was wrong with that woman? If there was one thing Austiin disliked slightly more than being sick, it was teenagers. They were so angsty and catty. That was why he was happy to grow up and graduate from school - no more teenagers. He sighed inwardly, and pulled open his door, being met by a cold smile on a young girl that did look similar to what Vera did.

Austiin's jaw was set firm as he realised that he had just met his eldest, and he wanted her to leave already. He looked at Cameron apologetically. He quickly propped the boy that was virtually thrown into his arms on his hip, knowing that this would be Ruben. A terrible name if he had ever heard one. He would have to change it some time, or at least never call him Ruben. He listened to Svetlana's demands with his eyebrow raised. Would it be terrible to kick her out and take the others? Get her to move to another country and give her enough money to get an apartment? Would that make him a bad parent? He left time for Cameron to mae comment, especially about what Svetlana had said about him. While Austiin would have said something, he was sure he would say something he would regret, and felt best that Cameron respond to that. "I'm sorry to burst your bubble, Svetlana, but you will be sharing your room with Imogen. If you have a huge problem, then feel free to sleep on the couch. If it's too drafty, get a blanket. You'll find them in the hallway closet." He then looked at his other children. "Anyone else have bratty demands? Or am I only worrying about one? We will be moving house soon anyway, in about a months time when my other son comes home from school. So this isn't permanent."

Cameron had not said a word to Austiin all morning. As soon as he had found out about all of this, he had made his protestations then, knowing full well, that it was not really going to make much of a difference, but he could sure as hell try. Sitting down on the couch with a piece of toast in his hands, Cameron continued to ignore Austiin, because really, what else was he going to do. If he said anything, it would only serve to either upset Austiin or make him determined to prove Cameron wrong which never seemed to end well for either of them. Had this happened a couple of months ago, Cameron wouldn't even be here now. It had taken quite a while for Cam to build his trust up again and to be honest, it still wasn't one hundred percent yet, but he couldn't blame Austiin for something that happened before they were even together. Looking over at his boyfriend, Cam could see that he was getting more and more frustrated and he suspected it was because of that extremely loud voice coming up the street. Cam shook his head. Austiin had no body to blame but himself. "You know, if you would just keep it in your pants. These things wouldn't happen." He said matter-of-factly. He was serious too. Cameron was sick of Austiin's philandering.

Looking up as the creature from the deep made herself known, Cameron stood up from where he was sitting and made his way over to the door, following Austiin. When the door opened to reveal a pretty blonde girl, Cameron was slightly taken aback. He wasn't sure what he was thinking, but it certainly wasn't that. However, when she spoke, Cameron raised his eyebrow and was stunned. What on earth was he supposed to say to that. He looked down at himself and couldn't for one minute think of why she would call him a hairy barbarian. She was awfully rude. "Now you listen to me, you brain dead little diva. Your mother dumped you on us like a cancer, so don't even think for one second that you can walk into this house and start trashing it with your filthy tongue." He looked around and stepped out of the way for Austiin's kids to enter. "Just so you all know, I happen to be quite adept at tracking, as well as defensive and offensive spells, so don't you try and start anything." Cameron was way too tired and frustrated to deal with anyone's crap today.
<i></i>

Svetlana raised her eyebrow to her father, but said nothing. She was not even going to dignify him with a response. No. Her target for this evening, was the hairy barbarian. Svetlana made a face and rolled her shoulders, oh she was going to enjoy this. Turning to look at the thing, next to her father, she smiled ever so slightly. "First of all, I am not brain dead. Clearly I am a living, working specimen of the perfect human." She told him, flicking her hair over her shoulder. "The perfect female. But you wouldn't know anything about that." She moved until she was standing right under his face and looked up. "Would you?" Svetlana had nothing against homosexuals, nothing at all, she did however have a problem with hairy barbarians taking her father away from her mother. No matter how cute he was, he was old enough to be her grandfather or something. "Besides, I am educated in both the muggle and the magical, so whose the more adaptive one here, Hairy?" She asked, raising her eyebrow again, waiting for someone to say something back to her.

Svetlana stepped away from the Hairy man and continued on her way past him to the kitchen. If they were not to meet her demands, then she would meet them herself. There was no way she was going to share a room with Imogen. She didn't even know her to begin with, so why should she share. She was also the eldest, which meant she should get the biggest room and if not the biggest room, at least a room to herself. Yawing, she opened the fridge door and proceeded to take things out so that she could make herself some food. She was hungry, she didn't trust these people to make food that she would actually eat, so this was the next best thing.

Cameron was more then a little stunned that Svetlana would think to talk back to him. Not that he really should be that surprised. The little b!tch was her father all over. There was no mistaking the brats genes. Cameron shot a look over at Austiin and made a rather unpleasant gesture, though it was out of the view of the younger children. He turned back to Svetlana and raised and eyebrow when she moved to stand directly below him. It was more then a little disturbing when she was doing that, and he leaned away from her. As she spoke again, Cameron had to stop himself from growling at her. He was already in a bad mood today and the little b!tch seemed determined to make him angrier. "Excuse me, you little Diva. Please try to remember why you are here." Cameron was starting to see why the girl's mother had dumped her on them and he was rather annoyed that she had seen fit to do so. Though he was blaming Austiin too. If he would be able to keep his urges to himself, they wouldn't have these problems. "Austiin. I f@cking blame you."

Cameron watched Svetlana as she walked into the kitchen and then decided to ignore her as he looked at Austiin. "I'm not even kidding Austiin. If you don't fix this, I am f@cking leaving." Cameron knew he was going to have problems with at least Svetlana and probably the others too. He hadn't signed up for this. He loved Austiin. Merlin did he love that man, but this was too much. He couldn't possibly be expected to put up with this silently and not say anything could he? Because that was simply not the kind of person he was. Walking over to where Svetlana was, he frowned at the way she was moving around the kitchen and tossing stuff onto the counter, like she owned the place. Well, Cameron wasn't having any of that. "Blondie, your father and I were not finished. So get your arse, out of the kitchen." This was going to be a long day indeed.

Svetlana yawned as she watched he thing and her younger siblings. Her father had disappeared, doing who knew what and she was stuck in a staring match with the Hairy Barbarian. She didn't want to admit it, but she couldn't hate the man before her on his own. She had to hate him for a reason, luckily she had many a reason. Clicking her tongue, Svetlana all but dared the man to drag her out of the kitchen. All of this was just a ridiculous waste of time and why she had to be in on this she didn't know, but she would rather not be here at all. She tossed more stuff onto the counter. Maybe she could make some sort of stir fry. Cameron's words made her smirk and she simply tossed him a finger before making her way back over to the fridge for something to drink. This was all getting out of hand, that was true, but she was going to enjoy it for the few weeks that she would have it. If she played her cards right, maybe they would send her back to her mother and her siblings. She didn't know there people and she didn't much want to know them either.

"I don't trust you people to feed me my correct diet. Do you even know what I eat?" Svetlana asked, staring into the Hairy man's eyes. She was refusing to call him by his name. He didn't deserve that privilege. "I have certain dietary requirements, I haven't eaten today at all because I've been busy with those kids. So Back. The. F@ck. Away!" She had enough of all of them. She just wanted her food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back