Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
El
Wand
Curly 14 1/2 Inch Flexible Blackthorn Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Isaiah had been happy to be home for the break, to hang out with his siblings. Even if most of that also consisted of his dads using him to look after them so they could get some other stuff done. He didn't mind though, feeling like an even cooler big brother now he had new stories to tell them. Stories about school, about things they had never seen or experienced yet. Like meeting an actual centaur. That had been the highlight of his year for sure. He did, however, also kind of miss being surrounded by friends. Back at school everyone was around all the time because there literally was nowhere else to go. It had been so easy to seek out his friends if he was bored, wanted to hang out with them. Being at home made things a bit more difficult in that way so when his pa had mentioned heading to brightstone he had been eager to go with him, knowing that at least one of his friends lived around that part. He'd managed to send Jordie a letter a little while before his pa took him with him, planning to meet up with the boy in the park. In all honesty Zay was lucky his pa had agreed to let him hang out in the park whilst he went off to do other things, especially since his dads still doubted his maturity after the grades he had brought home with him. Nevertheless, they had agreed for now so here he was. When he didn't spot Jordie yet he wandered around the park for a second, looking for a nice spot on the grass to sit down and wait for the other boy to show up.

Jordie was always happy to be home for the holidays. He had friends here, people he missed when he was home. He spent a lot of time cuddling with his uncles when they let him, and he'd been really clingy with Onyx, but Jordie had a few plans to meet up with some of his friends. Including Isaiah. Jordie had accidentally fallen asleep cuddling Onyx, and he was running a little late. He came skidding into the park, hair tousled and out of breath. "Zaaaaay!" Jordie came sprinting up next to the other boy, stopping and taking in a deep breath before straightening and smiling widely. "Hi!"

Isaiah hadn't thought he'd been super early and if he had come alone he'd have been late more than anything, but having his dad drop him off made him curious as to how long he'd have to wait for the other boy to show up. Making himself comfortable he dropped down onto the grass, lying on his back with his hands behind his head as he tried to make figures out of the clouds whilst he waited for his friend. Zay leaned up on his elbows when he heard his name called out though, trying to suppress his laughter when he noticed how out of breathe the boy was. Perhaps he hadn't been early but Jordie had been late. "Took you long enough dude!" He shook his head in fake disappointment but was unable to even keep his face straight as he did. "Nah, just kidding man." He laughed, patting the grass next to him. "Sup? Having an interesting break so far?"

Jordie plopped down next to Isaiah, stretching out on the grass. "Ah, you know, the usual, just hanging out at home, I've got Rara coming over for a weekend here in a bit." He replied, smiling at his friend. "What about you? Causing trouble already?" He teased, knocking Isaiah's arm lightly with his own.

Isaiah frowned when Jordie mentioned someone called Rara, pretty sure it was just a nickname he had given the other person and trying his best to figure out if he knew them. "Who's that?" He asked when he realized he wasn't going to figure it out anyways. Zay laughed his head when Jordie asked him about his own break. "I am trouble." He joked. "But yeah fine so far, mostly hanging out with my siblings."

Jordie smiled brightly. "Kiara Wood, she's a few years older than us. The Ravenclaw I'm always chattering to in French?" He offered, unsure if Isaiah had noticed Jordie's other friendships much. He chuckled when the boy said he was trouble, and turned his eyes back to the clouds. "That's right, how old are your siblings? Are they joining us at school any time soon?" He asked, curious.

Isaiah raised his eyebrows when Jordie mentioned hanging out with someone a few years older than them, quite impressed by that. "Oh the blonde girl, right?" He asked, wondering if he was imagining the person that Jordie meant. Then again he didn't think there were many more other older students the boy would be talking French to and he had seen him speak French to a blonde girl before. That would probably be her. Still, impressive. "My bro's ten, he should be coming to school with us in like a year. My sister's eight so that'll still take a while. Her name's Kiara too." Zay answered the question with a small laugh at the end, quite excited to have his siblings at school with him at some point. It was just sad that by the time his sister would be attending their older cousins would've already graduated. He definitely would've liked it if they were all there together. "Do you have any siblings?" He asked his friend in return, trying to remember if he had ever told him about any possible siblings.

Jordie smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that's her," he tucked his arms behind his head. He nodded along as Zay told him about his siblings, thinking it would be cool to meet them all. "My only siblings are the twins, and they've already graduated," He told the boy, "The only family left in school is my cousin Jasper, now, but it's his last year," Jordie rolled his eyes, still a little sad he'd missed the twins completely. Chrys was gone now, too. "Oh, do adopted sisters count? Cuz Tilly is absolutely my sister," he grinned widely.

Isaiah listened on as Jordie told him about his own siblings, vaguely recalling him having mentioned something about older twins before. He couldn't blame him for not remembering though, seeing as he had the attention span of a squirrel and an even worse memory. He nodded along as Jordie continued speaking, letting out a loud laugh when he asked if adopted sisters counted. "You mean like you adopted her as a sister?' Zay laughed. "In my book that counts just as much as real adoption."

Jordie laughed along with Zay, sitting up and nudging his friend. "You got that right, I absolutely adopted her! Though my dad is friends with her dad, so same thing," He shrugged, hopping to his feet and holding his hand out for Isaiah. "Wanna race? Bet I could get to the swings before you could!" He challenged, smiling brightly at the other boy, a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

Isaiah laughed as he shook his head at Jordie's response. He was glad he had his own siblings though, always happy to be their super cool older brother. And then there were his cousins who basically all acted as his older siblings as well, which was nice. Most of the time. As long as they didn't baby him really. Zay jumped up when Jordie mentioned racing. "You wish!" He laughed when the boy bet he'd be quicker and immediately turned around to start heading for the swings, looking back as he did to see if Jordie was following.

Jordie grinned, taking off with Isaiah. One thing about running every morning, it had made Jordie fast. But really, he wasn't looking to win this race. He just kept pace with Isaiah, wanting it to be close until the finish when he'd let Zay win by a hair. He giggled breathlessly, following close behind his friend as they booked it across the playground.

Isaiah liked to think he was fast, but in reality he'd often liked to think he was a whole lot better at things than he actually was. He was surprised when Jordie easily caught up with him, trying to make his own legs go faster. "Don't." Zay shook his head at his friend when he noticed him holding back, trying to get the words out between his ragged breahts. "You. Dare. Hold. Back." He managed to get the words out, squinting his eyes at Jordie to see if he really was holding back on purpose.

Jordie laughed easily as Isaiah threatened him. "Alright then," he winked, before darting ahead. He quickly outpaced Isaiah, going all out, and before he knew it, he had hit the swings. He grabbed the bar, spinning and laughing. He was grinning impishly, and leaned against the pole, waiting for Isaiah to catch up.

Isaiah wanted to laugh when Jordie suddenly just accelerated and moved on, but since he was already pretty out of breath his lungs didn't exactly agree with that and he just ended up coughing instead. "Oh man." He managed to get a laugh out between his coughs, letting himself fall down on the grass once he had finally reached the swings. "I did not expect you to go that fast."

Jordie laughed as Isaiah caught up, swinging around and sprawling out beside the other boy. "I run every morning," he replied easily, smiling impishly and running a hand through his hair. "If I want to be Quidditch captain someday I gotta stay in shape," he laughed lightly.

Isaiah spread his arms and legs as he lay on the grass, not feeling like getting up anytime soon. Although he did think his pa wouldn't be too pleased if he'd return with grass stains all over his clothes. "I'm not gonna lie, I feel like I need to up my game." He laughed. He wasn't bothered by the fact that Jordie had beaten him, but he was perhaps a little by how easily his friend as just made off. Zay leaned on his elbows again to look at the other boy when he mentioned quidditch. "You gotta make the team first for that." He joked, curious about what sort of big plans his friends had. "What position are you going to try out for?" He asked, figuring that if he'd mentioned being quidditch captain he was going to try out for the team after the break. They'd be second years by then after all, which meant they were allowed to.

Jordie laughed lightly. "Hey, you can always start running with me in the mornings if you wanna," he offered, smiling brightly. He considered Isaiah's question a moment, shrugging. "I think I'll try for Chaser this year. If I don't get it this year I'll try something else next year maybe," he mused, before letting out a wry chuckle. "Are you trying out for your team?" he returned the question.

Isaiah shook his head when Jordie mentioned running with him in the mornings. "Now you're overestimating my will to do better." He laughed. Even if he felt like he needed to up his game so he'd at least be able to keep up with his friend his laziness was far stronger than that. As well as his will to sleep in whenever he could. "That's cool. My cousin's a chaser." Zay nodded when Jordie mentioned what position he wanted to play. "For sure dude." He nodded with a grin as his friend returned the question to him. "I don't think there's anything cooler to do than quidditch."

Jordie laughed, shaking his head. Oh well, it had been worth a try. He smiled as Isaiah said he was trying out, too. "What position are you after? I'm going to wait until we get back and see whats open, decide later," he mused, folding his hands behind his head. He thought being on the team would be the best thing ever, really.

Isaiah gave a small shrug when Jordie asked him what position he was after. Chaotic as he was he had made himself determined to try out for the team without even having thought about what position he would possibly want to play. "Dunno, feel like beater might be for me." He responded with a short laugh. "I mean hitting stuff totally sounds like my cup of tea." He nodded when his friend mentioned waiting to see what positions were available at the time of tryouts, which sounded like a suitable plan. He didn't know much about the hufflepuff team, only sure that there were almost no spots available on his own team. It didn't really matter though, he just wanted to show up and if he didn't make the team he'd just keep trying untill he did. "Is there like any other cool stuff going on for us next year?" Zay asked his friend, sure that Jordie would've paid more attention to things than he did. "Or do we have to bring all the fun ourselves."

Jordie laughed brightly. "My older sister was a beater. And co-captain of her quidditch team." He grinned, knocking at Isaiah's arm. "All we have in second year is Quidditch try outs, so we just need to make our teams then train." He sounded optimistic. It was probably going to be harder than that, but Jordie had faith in them.

Isaiah nodded when Jordie mentioned his sister being a beater and a co-captain. "That's cool." He smiled, getting a little more excited about things. The only thing he needed to do now was stay calm and keep in mind that there were almost no spots on their house team. Which was obviously something he wasn't going to succeed at. "Dude, they'd be idiots not to take us on." Zay joked. Well, partly.

Jordie laughed, jumping up and holding out a hand for Zay. "They would indeed. Wanna come over to my house and play video games?" He asked, easily distracted. He felt like Zay would be a worthy opponent, and was eager to find out. Even if the boy had never played games before, he was sure that Isaiah would be a quick study.

Isaiah excitedly grabbed Jordie's hand so his friend could pull him up from the ground once he mentioned video games. "Dude, yes! Let's go!" He laughed. Once he was up he stood still for a second, almost feeling like a responsible person when he realized his pa might not be too happy if he'd come back from his meeting to notice him not in the park. Zay figured it was fine though, he'd just ask to send a message to his pa telling him where he was when they were at Jordie's. His meetings always ran late anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back