Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Tomas 🦁
Wand
11' Mayhaw Wood with Core of Wampus Cat Hair
Wendy skipped the contacts today, wearing her favorite pair of glasses. She slid the frame on, pushing them behind her ears. Soon her hair was pulled back in a relaxed, messy but pretty bun on the top of her head. She applied light make up, maybe a bit darker around the eyes. She kept her look for today fun, though, relaxing. Pretty, yet comfortable. It was the first Brightstone Weekend for the new school year, and there was no telling what she and Tomas would get into. Wendy didn't care what the pair end up doing, as long as they were spending some time together...establishing something already between the two. That's all the matters to her. Wendy finished up her look by wearing hoops her grandmother gifted Wendy for her birthday last year. They were becoming to be her favorite jewelry, not that Wendy was ever big on jewelry before. They just reminded her of New York a lot, Wendy missed home. Satisfied with her reflection, Wendy went off to meet Tomas. They were supposed to meet at the park, or near the park. Wendy wasn't a hundred percent sure, so she sat down at a bench waiting to see if she recognize him wandering around.

It was odd to be back again so soon after graduation, he had always thought that there would be some years between him graduating from Hogwarts and him returning to the village nearby, but here he was making his way towards the park to meet up with Wendy. They had admitted their feelings towards each other at the end of the school year but had not been able to establish anything further, as time did not permit them to do so. He had a feeling that it would come up for discussion today, it kind of had to really. They had written to each other for most of the... could he call it a break still if he was no longer a student anymore? He'd like for them to continue writing to each other whilst she was finishing her education, hoping of course that once she had graduated too the two of them could spend a little more time together. Even if they lived in different countries. Tomas smiled when he spotted his friend sitting on a bench in the park and hurriedly walked over towards her. ''Hey you,'' the newly appointed seeker said as he approached Wendy. ''You haven't been waiting for a long time, have you?''

While she waited, Wendy past the time watching children run around in the park. Their playing, their shrilling laughter made a good distraction from being nervous. Just the thought of meeting up with Tomas had her tummy in knots all week and Wendy constantly biting at her nails. By Friday, she chewed them all the way down. Wendy can't wait to get back home, she needed to visit her favorite nail salon badly. Wendy's eyes lit up, smiling to sound of his voice. "Tomas! Sup!" The Hufflepuff hugged her former schoolmate, "No, not really. Was watching the kids play, they're having a ball in that park," Wendy smiles genuinely, she was standing on her tippy toes and was oblivious to her stance. "How've you been? Done anything exciting recently? How's life beyond Hogwarts?" She questioned, eagerly to know everything that was going on his life. She curious what's it like to move on from Hogwarts, interested to know what she should expect when her time comes.

Glad that she hadn't been waiting on him that long, the former Gryffindor hugged his friend back. It was definitely good to see her again. Her and her messy buns. ''Funnily enough, I did end up not leaving the Wizarding world entirely, like I said I would,'' Tomas told her with a smile. ''I'm playing seeker for the Falmouth Falcons'' He had never expected to be approached by a professional team, as it had been ages ago since he last showed anyone his skills as a seeker, but the offer was made to him three weeks into the summer break and he had graciously accepted it. He would do anything to try and wriggle out of the job his father offered him at his construction company. Tomas wasn't built for heavy lifting and operating cranes like his father was. ''So far life beyond Hogwarts has been good to me. I do kind of miss it though, especially the food, I forgot that my Dad's a terrible cook,'' he said with a chuckle. ''And I miss having someone with whom I can talk Quidditch, of course.'' He nudged her playfully. ''What about you? How's Hogwarts doing now that the coolest class has left?''

Wendy may have not shown it, but she felt so good in his arms. He gives warm hugs. She almost didn't want to pull away. Wendy gasps, gently nudging him away instead. "No way! For real, you're lying," the Hufflepuff looked right in his eyes, testing to see if Tomas was lying. It was harder to figure that out when you're day dreaming about spending the day just staring into his lovely eyes. Wendy averted her gaze, stopping herself from getting lost in his eyes. "That's what's up! You're like the second person I now know who plays professional. Kace's cousin plays, or his aunt. I'm not sure, maybe you know her? Danielle Gates?" Wendy grins, her tummy feeling all fluttery. "Yeah, same here. I forgot to tryout this year. I miss my chance to be officially on the team. But, not all is bad. Katy over here for a year. She did the foreign exchange student thing," Wendy was happy about that. Katy was pretty much her best friend. "I was thinking that maybe I should do it next year...Go to her school and graduate with her. Whaddya think?"

Tomas grinned when looked right in his eyes. ''Yeah way!'' he said, staring right back at Wendy and feeling the faintest of flutters in his stomach whilst doing so. He looked away from her too, feeling his cheeks burn slowly as he looked at a not nearly as interesting bird up in one of the trees surrounding the park. He made a sour-looking face when she mentioned the Harpies keeper. ''Merlin's beard, she's the most annoying keeper ever. If she could only just, you know, not stop us from scoring that would be nice.'' He got a little sad when she told him that she had forgotten to tryout, as it would've been cool if she finally made the team. ''The girl from the sleepover last summer?'' Tomas asked, ''That's wicked, you won't miss me at all then!'' the teen joked, nudging his friend playfully once more. He shrugged when she asked him his opinion about finishing her final year of education at Ilvermorny. ''You'd definitely be closer to home, right?'' he replied. He had been in a somewhat similar situation when he returned to New Zealand for his final two years. He liked the other Hogwarts, had been a couple of really good friends, it was a lot bigger and it was a lot closer to home too, but in the end, he had chosen to return to the place where he began his magical journey years earlier. It wouldn't have felt right to him to finish it elsewhere. But this was not about it, it was about her probably wanting his honest opinion on this. ''If you feel like that would be something you really wanted, I'd say go for it,'' Tomas said, ''Who knows, maybe they still need a beater for their team,'' he teased.

Wendy crossed her eyes, grinning that he wasn't totally poking fun at her valley girl, midwestern accent that came out of nowhere. She was thrill to hear about Tomas making a professional team. The enthusiasm was real, Wendy couldn't wait to hear Tomas tell her all about it. "You're lucky I like you! Danielle is pretty cool," Wendy laughs, lightly shoving the boy in the arm. "Is it bad that I still haven't seen her play yet, you're way ahead of me," Wendy has been dying to see Kace's cousin play, she been dying to see anyone professional play really. Wendy imagines the game was a lot more intense, a lot more competitive than the games at Hogwarts. Wendy nodded, "Yes, that's right. She seems really chill, right? I think she was enjoying the twins drama a little too much," Wendy chuckles, and listens as Tomas made sense of her decision wanting to finish school with Katy back in the States. "I would say so yeah, I mean my parents are always traveling. It would be easier to visit my nana and Toto for the weekend. And then I can figure out if I want to go to college or perhaps do something in our world. I don't know, at this point I'm winging it," Wendy shrugs. It'd be easier if she had a better direction about her future. She can always sing like her nana, the suppose young protigee had similar kind of work lined up for her if she decides to go in the route. Wendy have left that option open, though it's less likely she would ever take it up. "Think their teams are any good?" Wendy spun around, facing Tomas. "Good enough to be recognize by any quidditch coach?"

He chuckled when she crossed her eyes. ''Yeah, right, I wouldn't call myself lucky because of that,'' Tomas replied. He hadn't been lying to Wendy when he told her that he wished that Gates would stop defending her post so well. It had become quite an annoyance to the team, or well, she had. ''I hadn't seen her play either before I joined the Falcons, so I'd say that you're not that behind me.'' He listened to Wendy as she told him her reasons for doing the exchange program and nodded along. He would get that she would choose to go there to be closer to her nana, as it had been one of the reasons why he studied at the other Hogwarts for two years. ''Never say never, though. Remember how I said that I was going to work for my father? Yeah, well, as you can see, I'm not working for him at the moment. Going to university would be nice, however, I had been thinking of that also at some point.'' Although Tomas would probably not leave his current job in the wizarding world, he thought that it would be smart to have another degree besides Hogwarts' magical education just in case things would go badly for him. ''What would you study if you'd go to university?'' he asked. What would he even study if he did decide to go? He shrugged at the question. ''We haven't played against any of their teams yet but there are a few around. It would make sense for coaches to recruit their players from Ilvermorny School, especially now that their team is playing in international games as well,'' he told her encouragingly.

yikes this is bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back