Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Hetereosexual
Wand
Knotted 14" Sturdy Redwood Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
It was perhaps the best thing that had ever happened in Damian's life. He was named Co-Captain of the Quidditch team, along with Trinity Cornwell. He had arranged with his co-captain that try outs should be today because today seemed like an awesome day. The pitch was theirs, and Damian had his broom in hand, and he waited patiently for everyone to come down. He hoped that no one minded that a fourth year was leading this. He was the team seeker, and he had no idea where Taylor was right now anyway. He leaned against his broom and was excited over seeing who all would try out.
OOCOut of Character:
All right guys, come here and start what you are trying out for! We are keeping the positions from the previous year, so no worries, but we are always looking for alternates and all! There are the positions below. If you are on the team already, please post here.

Team MembersPosition
[/td]
Damian MetzgerSeeker, Co-captain
Trinity CornwellChaser, Co-captain
Kida FrostBeater
Taylor MercerSeeker
Tohoru KoshibaBeater
Rhianne Delle CliveyChaser
[th colspan="2"]Gryffindor Team[/th] [th]

"Hey Damien!" she called enthusiastically as she made her way towards him, broom in hand and practice kit already on. She was ready to rumble and couldn't wait. Sure last year her try-outs hadn't been great but she had practiced relentlessly all year long and had picked up her speed and skill until she was an absolute dinger on the broom. She hadn't had a chance to tell Justin yet about being the co.captain on the Gryffindor team and hoped when she did, he would be thrilled for her.
"Guess we wait huh?"

Damian heard his name being called out, and he beamed at the girl coming his way. It was Trinity, his co-captain and also a chaser on the team. "Trinity! Hi!" Damian called out as she approached him. Damian gave her a bright smile, and he could not wait to get this underway. Damian was excited to say the least. He could not believe the position he held! "I guess we do. I just hope that even the old team arrives. I am still stunned that we are co-Captains!" The previous year, it had been Andromeda, and he had a feeling that she had a temper, so he made sure to never tick her off. Now, it was he and Trinity. Maybe they had made an impression on their former captain.

Aiden was surprised that he was actually looking forward to something about being back at school. He hated school, something that wasn’t really a surprise to anyone who knew him, but at least he had Quidditch, the one time that he felt he could get away from everything that was burdening him and for being a 17 year old he had a lot on his shoulders. The main one, of course, being his on/off enemy who was pretty back to full on enemy right now was pregnant with his child and she wouldn’t let him anywhere near her, it was like she had her own body guards around 24/7. So today he made his way to the Quidditch Pitch with all intentions to forget about Miriah, just for today and focus on his game. When he arrived he saw there were only two people there and one of them he had the misfortune of meeting before. As he approached he had a sinking feeling in his stomach as he suddenly remembered the names of the Co – Captains on the sign up sheet on the notice board in the common room. “You’ve got to be kidding me. You’re one of the Captains?” he said with clear dislike in his voice as he looked at Damian.

Damian glanced up when he saw that older Gryffindor that managed to 'beat him up' last year came forth. And this time, Damian was actually the boss of him! Damian wore a smirk over his lips, his beauty glowing magnificently. Oh karma is such a b**ch! thought Damian. He knew there was some good to come out of him being a Co-Captain. Damian nodded and he spoke, much confidence and no fear in his voice at all, "Yes, yes I am. If you have a problem with it, walk away now. And if you don't, then you can say your name and what position you are trying out for, and wait patiently for directions." Damian liked this, oh how he could taste the sweet smell of victory now. Damian smiled over at Trinity and he would explain to her what exactly had happened between the two of them later. Damian was not going to be bossed around by a bully, and he surely was not going to treat the older boy like a King. Everyone was equal on the team.

OOCOut of Character:
i am trying Briar out for a chaser, i think, but she is pretty athletic so she can probably do okay in all positions, exept keeper, she will get bored as keeper
Briar walked down to the quidditch pitch carrying her broom, it wasn't one of the best ones available but it was top of the range about 25 years ago. she had wanted to play quidditch since the first time she had heard of it , the speed seemed awesome and it was in the air on brooms. as soon as she stepped on the pitch she mounted the broom and flew a lap before landing on the ground near the group of older students. "hello, im here for the gryffindor quidditch try outs, i hope im not too early, if i am i can come back" she said smiling up at them.

She laughed of course, she had been equally stunned but had decided in the end that Andromeda Fiorelli had obviously seen something in them that they hadn't. That and at least with them as captains, they wouldn't need new ones for another few years again.
"We're going to do a great job" she said as much to herself as to Damien, it was slowly becoming a chant now one she said over and over again when she was alone. An older boy walked out to the pitch with extreme hostility directed to her co.captain. It was amazing how much she wanted to level the boy flat almost instantly. She liked Damien and always had, he was quirky and fun, different and intelligent providing people didn't just look to the surface but bothered to take the time to get to know him. Bristling just beside him as he spoke to the older boy, she inwardly applauded him for taking the stand. She would most likely have gotten emotional about it and jinxed him on the spot. Winking at Damien she would gladly hear why the big oaf was tossing so much animosity at her friend when they had a spare moment.

With the arrival of another girl, Trinity greeted her.
"No you're not too early at all. I'm Trinity Cornwell one of the captains and this is Damien Metzger, the other" she smiled at her "we'll wait for a few more people before getting things underway."

Sidda had seen the notice about Quidditch try-outs, and this year she was determined that she would NOT forget. However, she did, and only remembered during breakfast. She grabbed some toast and raced down to the Quidditch Pitch. Arriving a bit puffed and still clutching her (now stone cold) toast, she said "Am I late? I'm sorry, I completely forgot!" to two older students, and boy and a girl. The boy was good looking - she'd seen both him and the blond girl beside him around the common room. There was also a much older boy and...Briar! Going over to stand by her friend, Sidda wasn't surprised - although she hadn't known that Briar was trying out, she knew that she was very athletic and fit, and thought that she would be a good Quidditch player. Sidda liked Quidditch, but she hadn't flown much since surprising herself by being good at flying in flying lessons. She just hoped she didn't embarrass herself. "Hey, Briar!" she said, munching her toast. "I didn't know you were trying out. Wouldn't it be cool if we both made the team? What position are you trying for?"

Damian wished that they had read the directions. No one had told them what they were trying out for! Letting out a sigh, he nodded at Trinity and he announced loudly, "Okay! Everyone, we want to see your flying skills! Take your broom and fly around the lap once at your most comfortable speed, and the second lap at your fastest, and then the last lap, one handed or no hands. This sport requires you to be holding something, depending on your position!" Damian just hoped that more would show up. And where was the current team of Quidditch players?

briar nodded a trinity told her to wait a few minutes to see who else was going to turn up, she scoured the stands and saw that thee was a few students sitting watching the tryouts but none of them seemed to be trying out.
Brair looked around as she heard a familiar voice. it was Sid, her best friend. "hey Sid I didn't know you were trying out ether, I would be awesome if we were both in. I think i am going for chaser, should be nice and fast, what are you trying for? she asked, thinking it would be chaser or seeker.
when the captain started talking Briar listened and mounted her broom, Briars most comfortable speed was also the top speed, she sped two laps of the pitch enjoying the feeling of the wind in her hair. however she hadn't tried flying one handed much thinking she could just remove one hand and keep going the same rate. however the first corner proved her wrong. she was still going top speed and she lost control and slid sideways off the broom. thankfully she didn't quite fall and was able to right herself one handed. she then set off again at a slightly slower pace speeding up in the straight and slowing at the corner. once she completed that she landed ad walked over to the captain, "how was that. I am trying for chaser" she said looking around to see where Sid was.

Aiden glared at the little brat as he played all high and mighty just because he was Quidditch Co Captain. Aiden didn’t hold out much hope for anyone else on the team if they gave the positions of Co Captains to a girl and a wannabe girl. Groaning noticeably he rolled his eyes and said, “Aiden Mauven, Beater.” Before moving away from Damian and waited for everyone else to join them so he could show the people what he was made off, he would do this team well because they were probably going to need some good blood out on the field. After waiting a few minutes Aiden was starting to get bored and for the first time was glad when the little twirp spoke. Nodding his head at the orders, he jumped on his broom and shot up into the air like an arrow.

The speed Aiden felt normal at was fast, speed, speed and more speed was what he went by on the Quidditch Pitch. Slow and steady wins the race did not count in his eyes. So reaching a good enough height he leaned forward on his broom and went off like a shot. Being in the air was the one time that Aiden was able to forget about everything and just focus on what was important to him and that was the game. His first lap of the pitch was over quite quickly so he leaned forward on his broom even more and picked up more speed until everything around him his just a blur and the only sound was that of the wind rushing through his ears; it felt great to be this free. When it came to his third lap he kept up his fast pace and took his right arm of his broom with great ease, he was used to not having his right hand on his broom as that was his beating hand and always had his bat in that hand. Half way around his final lap he took his other hand off his broom just to show off; he rarely needed both hands of his broom unless he wanted to exert a greater force than usual. Finishing that lap he made his way to the ground and in no time had touched solid ground again. He gave a quick look over at the Co Captains as h brushed his hand through his windswept hair and looked up at the others still in the air.

Sidda was sure that Bri would be a good chaser, however she wasn't entirely sure what she wanted to try out for. All she knew was that she wanted to go fast - very fast. "Um, either Seeker or Chaser, but since I haven't actually played properly before, I don't know. I mean, I mainly just love flying and going fast. I love speed so much that once-" Sidda broke off talking as the good-looking boy who appeared to be captain started talking. Sidda wasn't entirely sure what her 'comfortable speed' was, since she hadn't flown for as long as some had, so she figured she'd just go faster and faster until she started to feel uncomfortable. Quickly grabbing a broom from the broom shed (curse her parents not understanding why on earth she wanted to buy a broom), she took off.

Once in the air, Sidda began her lap. She went faster and faster, speeding through her first lap, going fast enough to blow her hair behind her and to make everything else seem to drop away. On the second lap, Sidda simply let rip. She leant forward even further on her broom, going so fast the the stadium and few spectators became coloured blurs. She was pushing the old school broom to its maximum pace, and felt incredibly exhilarated, but had to slow down for the last lap. She wasn't used to flying one-handed, and slowed down so that if she crashed, she'd be less likely to break her neck. Taking a deep breath, she tightened her grip on her broom and put her left hand behind her back. Wobbling slightly, she gripped tighter with her knees, and kept flying.
She did quite well up until the second corner, when she stupidly loosened her grip with her knees. The turning made her wobble more, and she suddenly rolled under her broom, instinctively gripped tighter with her knees, forced herself to keep her hand behind her back, and let her momentum push her back upright. Blinking, she kept flying, somehow still on her broom, hoping that managing to roll right around her broom one-handed was a good thing and not a bad. When she finished her lap, she touched down by the captains, saying, "I'll work on one-handed, I promise! Oh, I don't really know what position I should be, but I thought maybe Chaser or Seeker or something. And I'm Sidda, by the way. Siddalee Simon, third year." She then turned and watched until the others were done.

Rakas hurried down to the field, because he wanted something fast. He loved speed, agility, and he had a cauldron cake in his hand and a broom in another. He ate it, and his legs just got down to the pitch even faster. He did not care what position he got, as long as it did not stick around in one place. Rakas announced his arrival when everyone was doing laps, "Sorry I am late! I needed chocolate! So, fly around three times? Got it!" Rakas took another bite out of the cake, and he mounted his broom before speeding off in the direction of others, eating the cake while flying around at the fastest he could go. However, he finished the cake and he dug in his robes for another one. When he was got another one, he tried to open it with both hands, almost lost his balance because he was going at top speed on the broom, and dropped the cake. "Oh crud! Oh well, needs to wait until after try-outs." Rakas did not know where the cake went, but he leaned forward on the broom, and continued to fly around on the last lap for the final lap. He landed on the pitch and he flashed a toothy grin with his black hair all over the place. "Rakas Varius, trying out for beater!" Rakas was a goofy kid, sure, but he was enjoying his life right now. Who could blame him?

Clarice despite having moved out of her ‘tom boy’ stage still had a great passion for Quidditch and on the day of the Gryffindor try outs she put on an appropriate outfit that she still thought was cute and made her way down to the Quidditch pitch. She didn’t know who the two captains were as she never really talked to anyone besides Benson but she was able to notice who the captains were due to one of them calling out orders. Running over she smiled at the boy and girl standing there. “Hi I’m Clarice Herrington and I’m trying out for Keeper.” she said to the two Co – Captains. Given the instructions Clarice grabbed her broom and kicked off into the air. She loved flying and being up in the air so she really hoped that she got on to the team. Doing a quick lap of the pitch she leaned forward on her broom a bit more so as to pick up the speed up a little. Going around to the her third lap she let her hands come of her broom slowly but steadily as she knew that being keeper she would need to be able to hold and catch the quaffle either with one hand or no hands on the broom. Once she had finished her third lap she felt a bit more prepared for the tryout as she made her way back down to the ground and touched down awaiting more orders for the try out.

Damian watched everyone from below, and he smiled at a few, but then someone came running, and spoke so fast that Damian did not have a chance to tell him to take out that cake, and he flew around the place with just one hand regardless. Damian nodded and took down some notes to the small parchment and pad he carried with him. He murmured, "Aiden...good but seen better. Mmmhmmm... All right. Now let's get down to business." Damian chose to take control and he directed those trying out for Chaser to go up and attempt to pass, fly holding the quaffle, and shooting while the keeper would block. The beaters would be given the bats and going to fly up and try to hit a few bludgers to protect the chasers and keeper. Simple directions, but he was sure that they were easy enough for them to do. Damian would love to see what they were really made of. He just hoped that Rakas Varius did not eat too much chocolate to make the bat all sticky and everything.
OOCOut of Character:
Okay, since I know everyone has like a busy life, if you want to try out, make the post as vivid as possible, but not too long if you don't want to. Later on, I will be posting the positions, and if Lin disagrees, then changes will be made of course. ^^ But right now, that is how it is going to roll.

OOCOut of Character:
Okay, this is the new team! Thanks for trying out, and this is the best way to make things easier on everyone. Since you all tried out, the positions are yours, and those that held them the previous year will be alternates because I think their RPers are MIA anyway
Team MembersPosition on the Team
[/td]
Damian MetzgerSeeker and Co-Captain
Trinity CornwellChaser and Co-Captain
Briar RowanChaser
Siddalee SimonChaser
Aiden MauvenBeater
Rakas VariusBeater
Clarice HerringtonKeeper
Rhianne Delle CliveyChaser (Alternate)
Kida Frost Beater (Alternate)
Tohoru KoshibaBeater (Alternate)
Taylor MercerSeeker (Alternate)
[th colspan="2"]Gryffindor Quidditch Team[/th] [th]

OOCOut of Character:
thanks, awesome I cant Believe Briar is on the team, thanks[/b]

Briar was glad that she had made the team. a chaser as well. her favorite position. "thank you, I will do the best i can to aid the team" she said to the captains. then she ran over to Sid, "well done, we are both chasers, how awesome it that she shouted. dancing around and even doing a cart wheel like Sid had taught her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back