Greetings from...

Wendy Chaos

OOC First Name
Elphaba
Wand
Holly Wand 11" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Wendy had survived her first year of wizard school with her new half-sister and had managed to make it out alive. She was so thrilled to be going back home with her mother she could almost cry and when she met her at the train station, Wendy quite literally dropped her luggage and ran into her mother's open arms. Wendy had been looking forward to spending time with her mother at their home in another city in New Zealand, not minding the fact that it seemed like a rather dull summer but her mother surprised her with a backpacking trip of Europe a week from that day. To be able to explore Europe with just her mother was a dream come true for the blond haired Gryffindor.
Their first stop was Madrid, Spain and Wendy couldn't think of anyone she wanted to share her stories with than her best friend Joceline.

108+-+Vers%C3%A3o+1+-+Postcard_Madrid.jpg

Greetings from Spain! said:
Dear Joceline,

Guess what? I'm in Spain! You probably guessed that already judging from the postcard I sent but I just wanted to say it again.
Code:
:P
My mom decided to surprise me with a backpacking trip around Europe for surviving my first year of wizard school. I'll try to include pictures for you to go along with the stories I tell you.
Well right now my mother and I are at a cafe, eating something exotic that I don't know how to pronounce. It's good but too fancy for my liking. I tried ordering escargot here and the waiter burst out laughing for like, 5 minutes! Apparently escargot is a French food and not Spanish. What can I say, I never paid attention in Geography or History lessons in school. But now I know to order it when I go to France in a few days! Have you tasted snails before? I'm not looking forward to it, but you only live once right? I'll let you know what it tastes like!
Earlier today my mom and I ran into street performers who had a large crowd surrounding them. A few minutes into their performance they began grabbing members from the audience to dance with them and they picked me! I dragged my mom with me too and we just danced around with them, it was fun! Now I can't get their music out of my head. So, I have a few more days in Spain left before we move on to another country, tell me, what should I make sure to see while I'm here? You're the smart one, you should know!
Code:
:D
Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I'll be sending you postcards frequently with tales and hopefully pictures to accompany them this summer. How is your summer going so far? I hope it's great!

Hope to hear from you soon,
Wendy Chaos

Wendy!

When I first got that postcard I asked myself: "Who do I know in Spain?" but was pleasantly surprised to see it was you writing me, rather then some dolt. I take it you are enjoying yourself? Where are you going after Spain?

Goodness Wendy, the waiter was right to laugh. You wouldn't believe how many people thought escargot was not French back home, when we had abroad visiters. It was funny, but it's good that you know now. By the way, they are sort of elasticy, I had them last on my ninth birthday. My Mama would bring a whole plate of them every year for my birthday, along with others.

Hmm, I did some reasearch and I've compiled a list of things I think would be interesting to do while in Spain, I tried finding more in Madrid but my eye kept wandering over to Barcelona. Palico Royal; it's where the Spanish Royal family used to live, and they give tours, apparently they are pretty interesting. El Teleférico de Madrid; yes it is just a cable car but the view, if you get a good seat can give you a great view of the sky line. Museo del Prado; it's an art museum and holds most of Madrid's wealth through artistry there. Parque del Retiro; it's a park, but it gives you a good view of actually living in Spain rather then just tourist attractions. Last but not least, the Reina Sofia Museum. Hope this has helped you with your travels, Wendy.

My summer is rather bland. Other then my Aunt and cousin possibly moving out and Aiden coming back with his friend, Steph, who is moving into our house. There is absolutely nothing going on for me. I probably should go and try make friends rather then keep my nose in a book, right?

Love,
Joceline Richarde.

[ZOMG LC :p]

barcelonapostcard1.jpg

Greetings from Barcelona! said:
Joceline,

I'm in Barcelona right now but it's my last day here. My mom and I managed to see and do a few of the things you suggested. Thanks by the way, for all your suggestions, they were awesome! I wish we could've done more but we only managed to take the tour at the Palico Royal, we visited the Museo del Prado and the Reina Sofia Museum while we were still in Madrid, and they were so beautiful you can't even imagine. I managed to take a few pictures (one) and (two) of the Museo del Prado, but that's about it. I wish I could've taken more pictures but you know, it's against the museum rules. My favorite thing about the Reina Sofia Museum was that there was this entire floor dedicated to Pablo Picasso. His art was weird but very interesting, I liked it a lot. We also took that cable car ride which was very fun and interesting even though I hate heights!!
Well right now we'll be boarding a train to take us to France next, Nice to be exact! I'm looking forward to finally tasting those elastic snails haha. So your mom used to make them for you? So does that mean they were good or would you just eat them to be polite? My mom bought a French speaking guide so we can communicate while we're there, how touristy! And embarrassing, but it's better than me who asked for escargot in the wrong country!
I'm sorry to hear your summer has been rather bland but I hope you still have time to make it a fun one. Making friends is so overrated when you have me!
Code:
:D
Just kidding! You should go play nice with everyone else haha, maybe next year we won't be such loners and actually have a great year! At least your half-brother doesn't go to our school anymore, I still have to deal with my sister. Oh well, I'll send you a postcard from France soon!

Love,
Wendy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back