Greenery and Style

Davina Lesley

Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Davina was glad she had been sorted into Hufflepuff with her sister. She had at first been rather worried that they would be split. She had heard about that happening before. There was a Hufflepuff girl in a higher year whom was separated from her twin brother in another house. Davina felt sorry for that girl. She didn't know what she would do if she was separated from Damita. She was sure it would not be easy for her to handle. As it was she was already missing Damita whom was off in another section in the castle and sketching pant suits. Davina had come to the courtyard because it was peaceful and quiet and there was a lot of Greenery to which she could use as inspiration for her Spring Floral Collection idea. One day, when she was older, she wanted to form a partnership with her sister and become a designer. They had all these ideas that they were sure would go well in the world. With Damita's sophisticated, classy look and Davina's sense of colours and chic designs, they had everything from Swimwear to Ball gowns covered. As it was, their mother Kaylee was helping them by making sure they had everything they would need to set up shop once they graduated. Davina sighed and settled into the bench she was sitting on, looking out over the gardens and sketching a bouquet of flowers into her models hands. The model had no discernible features to speak of, but it was obviously a person. The only detail in the sketch came from the dress and the trinkets that surrounded the model. It sometimes amazed Davina how much detail she was able to put into her sketches. She had always thought she would be bad at this, and would simply sew the dresses together. She was glad this was not the case however, it was easier to do things such as this anyhow.

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry about this post. I don't know where my mind has gone.

Eli was settled into his dorm, still trying to wrap his head around the fact that he was now in a very red room when he thought he would be able to be in blue. His family was great about his sorting and he got a number of congratulations messages and a letter from Aunt Lily and Uncle Sumner promising him a surprise before too long. His father had said it didn't matter what house he was in, as long as he was happy and cracked a few heads on the Quidditch pitch. Erik was in Hufflepuff and Christian was deciding if he wanted to transfer over or not, so he was going to see his siblings once in a while -- and hopefully they could cause some trouble soon.

Deciding to take a walk to stretch his long legs, Eli stood up and headed off to wander the castle and get a feel for the place before classes started. Before long, he found himself in a courtyard. He shrugged his shoulders and then walked around to take a look. Flowers. Greens. Not his style normally, but he would have to remember this place for the future to take a girl he might want to impress. Speaking of girls, Eli noticed a pretty little blonde sitting on a bench with her sketch book open. He was not old enough to actually get involved with a relationship, but he was definitely open to flirting a bit and adding a few girls to his circle of friends. He walked quietly over behind her, so as not to disturb her until he was ready to. "That's a pretty good dress. I could see my sisters wearing something like that," he said as he looked over her shoulder at the sketch.

(no worries, I'm still feeling out Eli as a character and am sick. Not as creative as usual. lol)

Davina was adding some final details to the dress. It didn't have much colour on it for the moment, because she usually left that until last as she usually had no idea what she wanted the colour to be until she had actually created the style. At least that was how it usually went. Sometimes she would go forward with the colouring because she had a huge splash of inspiration, but she wasn't always sure so it happened in rarer and rarer intervals. It was Damita whom was the colour Queen really, she was really good at that sort of thing. She looked up when she heard a voice near her ear and turned her head to the sound. A boy was leaning over her shoulder to look at her sketch pad. She smiled and held it up a little higher. She had no hesitation in showing this boy her work. She was not shy like that. She turned on the bench and patted the wood in offering for him to sit with her. "Hey, I'm Davina Lesley. Nice to meet you." She told him, holding out her hand slightly "Where you there long?" She asked, hoping he hadn't been waiting for her to notice.

Eli chuckled when the girl didn't jump like he had expected, but instead invited him to sit down. "Elijah Drage," he said, shaking her hand as he moved to straddle the bench, facing Davina. "Nice to meet you too. And no, not long. I'm used to sneaking up on my sisters, but I must say, you don't scare easily." He smiled, then grabbed the edge of the sketchpad so he could get a better look at the image. It was really good. He wasn't lying when he said he could see one of his sisters wearing something like it. Eliza and Evan were both very into fashion and always tried to torture him with their magazines. Little did they realize that he was actually paying attention, thinking that the information they were trying to annoy him with was being locked away in his brain to use to talk to girls. "So is this a hobby, drawing dresses, or is this a future career you are working on?"

Sorry this took so long.

Davina smiled when she heard the boy's name. She liked it. Elijah. For a start she was so used to names starting with a D, she was happy to hear that they weren't the only names in existence. Even her cousin's names started with a D. Desislava, Davalynda, Desideratus. She shook her head. Her mother and father and, obviously, her uncle liked names starting with D It seemed, though she did not know why. It was a mystery really. She shook her head at his statement. She had her own older brothers, they liked to sneak up on her and Damita, Dexter especially. Declan had moved out now, so he was too old for all that. "I guess... my, uh, brath?" she stopped trying to think of the right word. "Brothers, had something to do with that. They do liked sneaking to Damita and me." Davina shook her head, she had stuffed up her words and she was sure her grammar had been off, but it was said now, not much she could do about it. She hoped she got better at English. It was such a hard language to learn. They had like a million different words with the same meaning, no wonder the English were crazy. She smiled again when Elijah asked her a question. She did hope to make a career out of it after all. "Future, careir." She had said the word wrong, but she was sure he would understand. Boy, this English stuff was harder then she had first though after all.

Elijah listened as the girl spoke. "Brother like to sneak up on their sisters. Well, at least I know I found it to be one of my favorite hobbies at home. So is Damita your sister?" he asked, curious about the blonde before him. He could tell by her accent and the mispronunciations she had that he was not the only one not from New Zealand. When she said a very strange word for career, he knew she was not a native English speaker. Growing up in Canada, he was able to speak both English and French. His Grandfather made sure he also was able to communicate a bit in Norwegian. What she was saying didn't sound like any language he was familiar with. "Where are you from? I'm from Canada myself." He figured he would find the information out from Davina easier if he shared similar of himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back