Grasshopper.

Arianna Tipley

OOC First Name
Lizzy
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Arianna stretched, still feeling stiff after getting back from her holiday. After being active all summer, her body had seized up, now that she was back at school, just sitting in a classroom all day. She had vowed to herself that she would stay active when she got back, but so far that hadn't happened. A half-hearted run around the Lake didn't really count. Walking up to the Owelry, Ari hummed a new song that she was learning on the guitar to herself. After the holidays, she was in a far mind state than she had been last year. Things seemed to finally be working out at home, and her sister was happy, which had been her main worry for a while. Settled at a muggle school, Clare had friends, and the thoughts that had driven her to attempting suicide had faded.

After ascending the staircase to the Owlery, Arianna's muscles had loosened up slightly, and sat down on the window sill, stretching her legs out in front of her. Sighing, she pulled out that parchment and quill that she had shoved in the pocket of her jeans, and wrote Dear Clare at the top of the page, in her messy writing. Pausing, she tried to think of what to write. After promising her younger sister that she would send her a letter when she got back to Hogwarts, Ari had put it off for a while, since she really didn't have anything to write about. She still had nothing, but told herself that she really should make an effort.

Staring at the page for several more minutes, Arianna gave up, folding the parchment up neatly, and putting it back in her pocket, along with the quill.

Siddalee walked up to the owlery. She had gotten a letter from her parents during breakfast, and had written a quick reply while eating her toast. She was still munching as she came into the Owlery. Looking around for Minx (her Tawny owl) she spotted another, older looking girl sitting on the windowsill. Siddalee was feeling social, so she walked over to introduce herself. "Hi, I'm Siddalee," she told the older girl. "But you can call me Sid. Or Sidda. Or Lee. Or you can think of your own nickname." Siddalee smiled ruefully at the girl. "I'm a Griffy. First year. You can't be from Griffindor, because I haven't seen you in the common room. What year are you? What house?"

(OOC: Lizard, maybe could Ari not call Siddalee 'Sid'? I felt like she should offer that as a nickname, but it's kinda the nickname that her best mate calls her. But I felt like i should include it, because it's her standard greeting. Thnx! ;) )

Arianna was just considering trying to continue the letter to her sister, when a red headed girl who looked like a first year entered the Owlery. Ari expected the girl to just go ahead with her business, and looked back out the window. Her eyes were just following somebody on a broom zooming around the pitch, and she was wondering idly if it was her friend Sam, when a voice made her look back around. A small smile touched her lips as the girl started listing off all her nicknames "Hi Siddalee" Arianna said, deciding not to put any of the given nicknames to use "I'm Arianna, or Ari" she said "I'm a Fourth year. In Hufflepuff, which would be why we've never met before" she added, answering the girl's questions. Knowing that she should be a good role model to the younger girl, she asked politely "And how are you finding Hogwarts? Your classes?"

Normally Ari wouldn't be so formal, even with people she didn't know, but she was determined to make this year better that the last, in all sense. And being a mentor of sorts seemed to be a start.

Siddalee giggled slightly at Ari's questions. They were only the questions every older dtudent in HNZ asked her. She knew the anwers before Ari had even asked. "Hogwarts is cool. A little weird, though. I'm a muggle born, so I've gone from no magic to toal immersion. It's a little strange. But classes are good. I haven't fought yet, I've only blown up my work four times, and my eyebrows are almost completely grown back." She laughed. Classes had been...interesting. Explosive. Bad for her eyebrows. "It's so cool here. Most people are really nice. But I've met a couple who aren't so nice." Siddalee frowned slightly at the memory. She had gotten into a fight with (as she had found out later) one of the Dark Elites. Yay. She already had an enemy. "But it's cool. I still get a shock at something everyday." Sidda smiled ruefully. ;)

Arianna smiled genuinely as the outgoing girl reeled off her answers. Her first year seemed about exactly the same as Ari's had been "You only blew up your work four times?" she said, in a mock disbelieving tone "You're doing well then" She thought back to her own misadventures "I set a desk on fire" she said slowly, thinking back to the first time she met Viv, and their destructive self-taught magic lesson "And then I drenched the desk..." she added. She nodded a little sympathetically "Don't worry, the shocks stop after a while. Coming from a muggle family, Hogwarts must be very different then" she said. Ari's mother was a witch, so she was used to sometimes unpleasant surprises.

Siddalee laughed hearing about Ari's misadventures. They sounded similar to her own. "I hope they stop soon...I'm in constant danger of a heart attck!" Siddalee joked, as she held out her arm for Minx. Minx came fluttering down, and while Sidda was attaching her letter, she talked to both Minx and Ari. "Hey, Minxie! How'ya been? Good? Hmm? That's good. Hogwarts is quite different, but it's better. At my muggle school, no-one wanted to hang out with me, because weird things always happened around me. Didn't they, Minxie? Keep still, I need to send this! No...yes...ow! Well, I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers.....So, here, where I can control the weird things, I have more friends. And there seem to be people here from all over the world. Why, in the band I'm in there's a girl who looks Asian, and I've seen people from all over the world here. I feel like one of the only New Zealanders! There ya, go. Now, Minxie, this is for Mum and Dad. Bye." And Siddalee carried Minx to the window, where Minx affectionately nipped Siddalee and took off. She walked back over to Ari. "Are you from New Zealand, or somewhere else?" she inquired. :)

Aw, I love Sidda! ^_^

Arianna had to held back a giggle as the girl began to talk rapidly to her, and her owl. Siddalee was the eleven year old Ari had always wanted to be. She listened to the girl talk about not fitting in at a muggle primary school. She knew exactly what Siddalee meant. At her primary school, she had known all along that she was a wizard, which had made her seperate herself from others. Arianna wasn't really sure how this girl could survive without any friends to talk, as she was obviously a chatterbox. Ari looked interestedly at Siddalee when she mentioned that she was in a band "I'm from Canada" she said distractedly, before asking "You're in a band? I didn't know there were any other bands than Sam's and Noah's" she said with a slight frown. She hadn't met with her band for a long time. She knew that she should really talk to Viv, and ask her what her cousin was up to.

(Isn't she awesome. She's like the complete opposite of me, but i love my girl! Ari's cool too. She seems to contain multitudes! I like that :))

Sidda looked up sharply when Ari mentioned that other bands. "Canada? Cool! Literally. Yup, I'm in a band. We're mostly first years, but it's a good group. We've got some nice Slytherins, a couple Griffys, and a Huffpuff. But we already have an enemy, which isn't good. One of the Dark Elites." Sidda frowned, crinkling her nose, but her face cleared a second later. "Are you in a band? And who's Sam? And Noah? I mean, what are their bands called, and all that stuff." Sidda was curious. She wanted to find out about hte other bands, but she also wanted to find out about Ari. The girl seemed cool and rockish, the type of girl Sidda could see herself becoming.

Arianna tried to keep up with Siddalee's rapid talk about her band, she frowned slightly again "What are the... Dark Elites?" she asked. She was guessing they were a First year group, but she'd never heard of them. The girl started firing off questions, and Ari shifted slightly on the windowsill "Yep, I am, I play the guitar" she said, a hint of pride evident in her voice "Sam is my friend, we're in the same house and year, and he has a band. And Noah is my best friend's cousin, he's a Ravenclaw first year, and I'm in his band" she explained. She thought about the last question "Well... We don't really have names yet, at least the band I'm in doesn't, I'm not sure about Sam's. We haven't really done much as a band... I don't think Sam's has either" she said, frowning again. The one meeting they'd had as a band had been fun.

"The Dark Elites are a group of Slytherin First Years who think they're better than everyone else, and are mostly pure evil .They're mini Death Eaters, I think. At least, that's my impression of them." Sidda sat on the windowsill by Ri, and kicked her heels against the stone wall. "You play the guitar?!" Sidda practically screeched when Ri mentioned it. "One of my best mates has said he might teach me, and I really want to learn. But I'm not sure how good a teacher he is. I bet you're really good." Sidda said. She could tell that the girl was proud of her ability, and she honestly admired the older girl. "It would be soo cool to be able to play really well. Especially if no one knew you were learning, and then one day you suddenly had awesome skills. That would be funny." Sidda laughed at the thought. "We haven't done much as a band...except say 'hey, let's make a band!'" Sidda smiled at Ri, realising that she had been a chatterbox. "Sorry, I've been babbling. I do that sometimes. Shutting up." She looked down, blushing slightly.

(Can Ri be Sidda's nickname for Ari? Tell me if you hate it, or love it. ;) )

All good, it'll just be another thing Ari finds funny about Sidda :lol:

Arianna snorted un-humourously, this group sounded as bad as she'd first thought "Well... It doesn't sound like you should worry about them" she said slowly. She wasn't about to offer herself up to be a "mediator". Little Slytherin first years who considered themselves to be mini Death Eaters would never listen to a Hufflepuff, and she wasn't about to make them try. Ari couldn't help but laugh at Sidda's excitment that she played the guitar "Um, I'm okay at the guitar" she said, trying not to giggle "I could teach you if you like..." She offered, wondering if the girl had been hinting about it "I'm not fantastic, so don't expect much" she added quickly. "No no, it's fine" she said, smiling as Siddalee apologised for babbling. She stayed quiet, sure that the girl couldn't keep quiet for long.

(you know her too well already. xD )

"I'm not worried about the Dark Elites. They're just more bullies who pick on my friends and need a good kick in the pants...or a fist to the face. I'm not fussy." Sidda said fiercely. She really got annoyed at people who thought they were better than everyone else. "I don't mind about hte teching, I just need to learn something so that I'm more useful in the band. But I honestly don't mind. If you want to, that would be awesome, but if not, Sethels might." She smiled at Ri, trying not to seem pushy. To be honest, she hadn't thought about Ri teching her guitar, but could see how awesome it would be. "I bet you're better than you say, Ri," Sidda corrected. "You're probably being modest, and then you'll be amazing, and I'll just be like 'woah.'" Sidda stopped talking and looked out over the forest. "It's so pretty here. And so peaceful," Sidda commented, craning her neck to see the lake better. Oops. Sidda leant too far, and fell onto the floor with a loud "Oomf!"

Ari smiled at Sidda "Fist in the face sounds better" she said "But don't tell anyone I said that! I'm meant to be a good older student. No violence" she said, rolling her eyes, and swinging her legs over the side of the window sill, and stretching them out in front of her. She was surprised that when she let her legs rest, they almost touched the floor of the Owlery. She'd grown more than she'd thought. "I'm sure you're useful. Do you play an instrument, or sing, or what?" Arianna asked her. "Thanks" she said, blinking at the name she'd been called. There was a nickname she hadn't heard before. Not minding, she turned her attention back to the girl, looking down at her feet "I'm not sure you'll be like "Woah". I just really enjoy it" she said honestly, smiling over at her, before clapping a hand to her mouth as Sidda fell onto the floor. Trying not to laugh, she jumped lightly off the windowsill "Are you okay?" she asked, still with her hand over her mouth.

Sidda giggled at Ri's secret advice. "Cross my heart," she replied. "I sing, ...and if you tell anyone this I will learn 7 curses and use them all on you...I also write songs, but i haven't shown anyone yet." Wow. Sidda had just told someone her secret, the one thing she hadn't told nayone before. Ever. Ri should be honoured. "That's good, that you enjoy it," she said. "If you enjoy playing, everyone can tell and it makes the music better." she said.
(just fit that all in before the fall)
"I'm fine," Sidda said, getting up and dusting herself off. She could tell Ri was trying not to laugh, and giggled despite herself. "You can laugh. It IS pretty funny. I do things like that all the time. If you hang out with me, you'll get used to it." Sidda pulled a face. She was a clutz all the time, except when she was onstage. It was just a fact of life for her.

Sorry I've been so long :doh:

Arianna smiled encouragingly "That's great, I wish I could sing well. I won't tell. Why don't you want it to get out? I mean, you're in a band, people will find out how you are soon enough" She asked. Being a good singer wasn't something to hide. Arianna herself could only sing a little, just enough to accompany her guitar. "And you write songs? Wow, multi-talented" she said.
Ari held in her laughter, despite Sidda's saying she could. It felt rude to laugh "Fair enough" she said, before sitting back on the windowsill.

That sucked, sorry.

It's OK, I've been super busy myself :p

Sidda laughed. Ri had completely the wrong end of the stick. "I'm not covering up my singing. Everyone knows that I sing!" She laughed. "Naw, It's the whole writing songs thing that I haven't told anyone about. Because songs are more personal, you know?" She hoped Ri understood. She wasn't that talented, she just loved music and making people happy by playing music to them and dancing or acting for them. She didn't think that was talent. "I've seen and heard waay more talented people than me here. Amazing musicians, Quidditch players, witches, wizards, almost everything. I'm nowhere near as talented as some of them," she finished humbly. "Anyway, what about you? What's your hidden talent/secret dream/passion? What makes you tick? I've been talking too much." As she talked, Sidda sat herself back on the windowsill, picked up a feather, and started twirling it between her fingers, looking at Ri.

Arianna tilted her head to the side "I get it" she said slowly. Her own attempts a song writing had been disastrous, they had turned into simple rhymes that six year olds sung in Primary school. Arianna rolled her eyes, recognising traits in this girl that she saw in herself "Don't be modest, I'm sure you're great! Do you want to sing something now? I'm happy to listen" she said smiling encouragingly. If she had her guitar, they could actually do a song, but Ari really couldn't be bothered going down to get her guitar from the Hufflepuff girl's Dormitories. Arianna looked up at the owls rustling and hooting softly above them, as she thought about her answer. It was pretty simple really, but hard to explain.

"Weeell, I suppose just music" she said, after a few seconds. It sounded pretty stupid. "I also like... Erm... My friends?" she said, her brow furrowed, as she realised what a simpleton she was. "Don't worry, you don't talk too much" she said, hiding a small smile.

"Sometimes I feel like I do!" Sidda said. She knew she was a chatterbox, but for once she found someone who didn't mind. "Um, I'll sing if you want. I'll sing......*pause*... okay, I'll sing a song from the noughties. It's a bit old, but I love that stuff. It's a song by Kings of Leon, called Use Somebody."
And so Sidda sang. (To see Sidda sing, click on the link)

Sidda singing. Imagine it without the guitars.

"Um...I'm not very good..." Sidda said when she was finished. She hoped Ri liked her singing, otherwise she had just made a huge fool of herself.

(Sorry, I completely forgot about this! :doh: Now I feel guilty for taking so long!! Sorry!!! :shy: )

Arianna kept quiet, smiling to herself. It was good that the younger girl spoke her mind, Ari wished that she could sometimes. Only when she lost her temper, or felt passionately about something was when she got verbal. Her temper was actually quite easily ignite. She laughed when Siddalee called them the 'noughties' "That's a good one" she said, smiling "Go ahead" she said, nodding encouragingly.

When Siddalee was finished, Arianna's eyebrows were raised, and she clapped for her "That was AMAZING!" she said enthusiastically. The girl was good, better than Ari ever hoped to be. "It's a good thing that you're in a band, you wouldn't want to waste that" she said, still smiling. She had been contemplating having her own try at singing, but after that performance it would just be embarrassing.

I'm sort of assuming she isn't as good as Haley Williams, is that okay? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back