Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire was honestly tempted to just take the biggest assignment she could and steal Onyx away for a while to get it done. But he was busy with Jamie, so she'd decided to just take a few smaller assignments on her own for now. She had been sent to America this time. After a week she'd wrapped up her work. She found a nice little diner, enjoying the Arizona scenery but not the heat. She walked inside, instantly pleased with the air conditioning, and sat down at the counter. She picked up a menu, glancing over it curiously.

Katy had known it'd be difficult to get a proper job writing, but she hadn't expected it to be this hard. She'd finally picked up an assignment from a small time American Wizarding magazine, and while it wasn't exactly glamorous, she was still traveling and getting to write about it, so Katy was counting it was a win.

She hadn't expected Arizona to be so hot during this time of year, but maybe she just wasn't used to it. She'd spent most of the day out in the sun too, taking in all the best muggle tourist spots around the Grand Canyon she could find before finally retreating inside. She was headed to the counter when she spotted a familiar face, double-taking before letting out an excited squeal. "Sapphire?! No way! What are the odds," she said, wasting no time claiming the seat next to the other girl and turning to her eagerly. "What brings you all the way out here?"

Sapphire almost jumped out of her skin when she heard a loud squeal. She barely had time to turn before Katy was there. Sapphire blinked, before laughing lightly. "Well, look who it is." She propped her chin in her hand, smiling coyly. "What brings you here?" Sapphire asked, turning more to face the other woman.

"I asked you first," Katy teased, nudging Sapphire and enjoying how the movement made her stool swivel back and forth. "I'm here for work! Which is pretty cool. Doing a travel piece on how- Uh. How the other half travels. You know, niche experience stuff," she said, glancing around the other patrons at the diner and curtailing herself before she accidentally broke any secrecy statutes. "It's so cool to see you here though! Have you ordered anything?" She asked, not really stopping to let Sapphire answer before flagging down the staff behind the counter and ordering the biggest soda she could. It was hot outside and Katy felt like she might as well have been eating sand for how dry her throat felt.

Sapphire smirked, laughing lightly. She held up her camera just a bit, twisting it just a little. "Taking pictures for things," she gave a vague explanation before putting it back in her bag. She chuckled, ordering a soda herself and turning to face Katy. "So, gorgeous. What are you up to tonight?" Sapph asked, thinking dinner alone suddenly sounded very boring.

"Ah yes, things. Important things I hope," Katy said, nodding sagely, though she was only barely resisting the urge to keep asking Sapphire for more details. Maybe later. When her soda arrived, Katy eagerly took the straw, pausing for a moment to blow the wrapper at Sapphire before sticking in her drink and taking a few much needed gulps before resuming the conversation. "Well, I was planning on finding some place to crash that might let me set up a camp fire. Maybe a campsite. Or a very specialized hotel. I've heard the word "glamping" being thrown around and I'm dying to figure out what that means," she said with a laugh, glancing over at Sapphire next to her. "You staying in town long? We should definitely hang out!"

Sapphire chuckled. She would probably give Katy more details later, when they were in a more private setting. She laughed as Katy blew the straw at her, taking a moment to return the favor before sipping her drink idly. She smirked a bit as Katy mentioned glamping. "That sounds like something you need company for," she teased, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger. "I work my own schedule. I suppose I might be persuaded to join you," she mused. "I can bring the rum," she offered with a playful wink.

Katy laughed as Sapphire shot her straw wrapper backed at her, flapping a hand at it and mostly just succeeding in nearly knocking it down her own shirt. She beamed when Sapphire was game to join her for her glamping experience, whatever that turned out to be, fussing with her straw and she watched Sapphire twirl her hair. "Now that sounds like a party," she said, grinning and unable to shake the feeling Sapphire was flirting with her. "Perfect, we should see about doing some sort of, collab or something," she added. Flirting wasn't Katy's forte, she'd never been good at being coy or subtle, but she knew how to have a good time and make people like her, and if that was where this was going with Sapphire, then maybe a little rum and a campfire would be just the thing.

Sapphire chuckled, pleased with her success. She picked the menu back up. "We should get some food before we head out. Order what you want, it's on me today," she winked at Katy, deciding on what she wanted before turning her attention back to the girl. "So, any real plan for today?" She asked, curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back