GOSSIP is not a nice thing

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
Tears flowed down Lisa's face as she dashed into the Trophy Room, slamming the door behind her. She flooped down onto the hard floor, sobbing. The Gossip Magazine had given her a label, and she knew it would take a long time to prove to everyone that she wasn't what she seemed. Maybe I should take it easy for a while, she thought to herself, Just be naturally nice, and not judge everyone before I get to know them.

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Lisa knew that this year would be a long one, especially if the new School magazine was going to alert the whole student body to her every move. I need Taylor, she thought, Or Tyson. The thought of her two friends in Gryffindor made her sob even more. She would have to send an owl if she wanted to meet up with them, and that was too much hassle for just pouring her heart out.

Dannii was walking around the school thinking things over. After that magazene was printed she really didn't know who she was anymore. She was wearing a jean skirt with a black tank-top and and boots. She heard a door slam and heard someone crying from inside it. She opened the door and peaked in, "hello?" she asked taking a step inside the room and closing the door. She saw a girl on the floor bawling her ees out, "whats wrong?" she asked in a consirned voice.

Lisa glanced up, tears still rolling down her face, as the door to the Room opened, and a girl entered. Lisa recognised her almost at once. Dannii. Sure, she had changed her hair colour, but it was still her. Lisa would have smiled, except she was not in the smiling mood.

"What's wrong?"

Lisa sat up straight and composed herself. "T-that Gossip Magazine," she said; the words flashed at her in her mind. How did they find out? "H-have you seen it?" she asked; she did not mention that Dannii herself was featured in it.

Dannii finally recognized the girl, it was Taylor. Dannii sat down next to Taylor, "yeah I saw it" she muttered. "Its horriable what they wrote about people, no one deserves to have there private life spread through out the school" Dannii said in a angry voice.

Lisa nodded. "T-they wrote horrible stuff about me in there," she said shakily, wiping the tears from her eyes. "They said that I go around and beat up Slytherins just for the fun of it!" A tear rolled down her cheek as she thought of what her friends would say.

(( sorry, this is my last post for the night, must get some sleep ))

Dannii put her arm around Lisa(why did i write taylor before? sorry :errm: ), "I know, even if we didn't get off to the best of starts before I'm sure you wouldn't just go around beating people up, you have class" Dannii replied giving her a small smile. "That magazene threw me completly outta wack, I'm not really sure who I am anymore" she admitted. She looked down at what she was wearing, and then to her bright freshly painted and manicured nails she had just finished. Was she the prep or the goth?

Lisa wiped the tears away as she realised something. "It's not what the world thinks of you, it's what you think of the world," she said quietly, smiling slightly. "Who cares what they think of us? We don't live to impress them."

Taylor caught her breath for a second and brushed her, now lighter and more reddish, hair out of her face. She had seen that stupid magazine at breakfast and had noticed the trash they had written about her friend, since then she had been running around the school trying to find Lisa.

She heard people talking in the trophy room and took a peep. She saw a girl she recognised and Lisa. "There you are. Been trying to find you." At a closer look Taylor noticed that Lisa showed signs of crying. "Are you okay?"

Taylor was sure she knew the other girl aswell, then again, she was also sure she would've remembered the hair colour. She walked over and sat down in front of her friend.

Lisa glanced up as another person entered the Trophy Room. Lisa nearly jumped as she recognised Taylor, with lighter coloured hair. She sniffled and smiled at her friend. "I-I'm okay," she said, pulling out a tissue and blowing. "B-but how did they come up with those lies?" She could have burst into tears again, but kept herself together. Barely.

Taylor smiled comfertingly. "Don't worry about it, the people that matter won't believe a word of it. Everyone who's met you knows you're not like that." She attempted to make Lisa feel better, it was the truth. As far as she could tell, no-one in the hall believed a single word written in it, most seemed angry or annoyed. "I don't think anyone really believed it to be honest."

Lisa hiccuped and smiled a little. "Hopefully not," she said; the last thing she needed was people believing the stupid lies. "But why would someone do that when they knew that nobody would like it?" Lisa shook her head at the stupidness; why even go to the effort?

Taylor shook her head. "It was probably one of 'those' girls. They were probably bored and wanted to stir something up. Don't worry about it, I would have been suprised if no-one I knew got in there, we are quite noticable." She giggled, looking around. The other girl started to bug her again, it wasn't her, just the fact Taylor was sure she knew her. "I swear I know you from somewhere."

Dannii was deep in thought and didn't notice the girl enter. Once the girl spoke to her Dannii shoke her self out of it, it was Taylor. Dannii smiled and pulled off her pink wig before taking her black hair out of a pony tail, "hey there Taylor, its me Dannii" she said with a kind smile. While she had been thinking she had decided something, if Azerail didn't like her for her, then she didn't want to be with him. She would change her hair back to blonde and stop wearing goth clothes, it just wasn't her.

Taylor thought around for the name Danii. The girl that thought we were serious about being Slytherin Busters. "I remember now, It's the hair that confused me. It's actually really cool." She did love the pink hair and would have said more but she was here for Lisa at the moment.

Lisa sniffed and blew her nose again. She stood up now, raising her head proudly. I don't care what people think, she told herself. I have friends that know the magazine is a pack of lies. That's all that should matter. She smiled and tried to be herself.

Taylor grinned as Lisa stood and smiled. She stood up next to her friend and nudged her gentley. "There we are, trust me no-one will believe that little ol' Lisa goes around bullying Slytherins." She giggled at the name and tried to cheer her up.

Lisa laughed a little. ""Little Ol' Lisa,"" she repeated; it sounded strange, yet it fitted her somewhat. "I like that." She smiled, cheering up a bit, though she doubted if the article of her in the magazine would fade soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back