Goodbye Isabella

James Potter

Wand
16 inches Mahogony Pheonix Feather Core
The owl flew through the air until it landed with as much grace as it could on the owlery windown sill. There it sat and waited for the person who was supposed to come. His master had said she would be here and to simply wait until she arrived. So he did with great patience, he waited with the letter his master had entrusted to him.
Dear Isabella,

I know we had our ups and downs since we got here and we had a crazy arguement that sent me storming off. I'm stupid what can I say? I need to go home though, Grandpa Weasley isn't so hot apparantly and well, you know how much he means to me. I want to be closer just in case I'm needed. It's not likely I know but you know what been too far away from home is like. I didn't want to say goodbye because I didn't want a fuss really.

I'll be at the school if you want to owl me, I hope you do. This isn't the best way to leave us I know but it's all I can do right now. I know we haven't been seeing each other that long either so I think it's best for now if we call it a day. Until you're back home again anyhow and we can see how the two of us feel then. Being away from each other this long would just be too much wouldn't it? I'm just trying to be practical.

I will miss you and do care about you very much.

Write me soon,

James

[Bella sorry about this really, you can godmod taking the letter from the owl and sending him away or whatever. I'll see you back at the school next year, ok. ;) ]

Isabella ran up the Owlery steps with a volume of a letter for Sakura. She was so used to telling her bestfriend every detail every minute of the day and with out her here now, writing to her about it all was her only solution to dispell the dreary quiet moments that now had become part of her life here. The letter had all about the first trial, about James ignoring her, classes and a thousand and one trivial things. When she reached the top of the steps and entered the room she stopped immediately. A very familiar owl was standing on the window sill.

"Hello you, what are you doing out of your cage then?" she smiled and walked over to James' owl only then noticing the envelope he carried.
"goodness you have a letter, well shouldn't you go and find James then?"
the owl remained where it was, only lifting his feet to pad about the window sill momentarily before dropping the letter for Isabella to see. Picking it up she looked intently at her name in James' hand writing on the envelope. Quizzically she looked at the owl and then back at the envelope before tearing it open.

She perused its contents with deep sense of foreboding and after reading it three times the only emotion she was left with was pure blinding anger. How dare he, how dare he leave and not tell her. How dare he break up with her in a letter and put it down to practicality. She felt her blood begin to boil and knew what was about to happen, she was powerless to stop it as her anger was too strong for her to control. His insensitivity seemed to know no bounds. Didn't he know how she would react? She ran to the window shooing the owl out of the way.
"Go back without a message he doesn't deserve one" she bellowed at the startled owl, who did indeed flew away.

Bella hoisted herself up onto the window sill and yanked her sweater over her head just as the first rips in the back of her blouse occured. She could feel the hard cartilage begin to push its way through until finally her scaled wings splayed out behind her. Crushing the letter from James in her hand and hurriedly passing Sakuras letter to another owl, Bella did the only thing she could do. She was frightened that any students coming up the owlery steps would see her, so looking out the window she took a deep breath and jumped.

Within seconds her wings spread wide and she glided lower and lower, instead of freefalling to the ground. As soon as she was at a relatively safe height, about four feet or so from the ground she pulled herself up and flew in the direction of the forest for cover. She hoped with all her might that no one had seen her, she was almost certain that no one had but you could never be 100 percent sure until the fall out much later. As the forest loomed infront of her, she tucked her wings carefully behind her and entered the forest...

{continued in the FORBIDDEN FOREST}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back