Good Riddance

Clyde Sumiragi

OOC First Name
Sasha
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
The strong smell of summer air covered the whole castle. Somehow, the smell shooed away the cold atmosphere of Hogwarts. Many find it good, maybe the ever so kind Hufflepuffs, but Clyde hated it. He may be exaggerating it, but he felt that it was extremely hot. He could even smell sweat around the people and it disgusted him in a way.

Walking at the second floor, Clyde realized that the scent there hadn't changed compared to the other parts of the castle. He then made up his mind to stay there for awhile.

It was such a break now that the Dark Elites seemed to be lost and that Clyde could rest now. But losing it meant losing a few excitements in the school. No one to talk to and such. And Clyde also wondered if he could find someone worthy to be called interesting by his own standards. Everyone really looked so shallow. Or was it just his House? He hadn't really met anyone from other Houses except for some Ravenclaws.

Nevertheless, Clyde waited. Waited for nothing, really, only watching as the portraits talked to each other. Some of them even called him, though he didn't respond. It would be so dull talking to people from pictures. Too unrealistic. What Clyde wants now is an interesting person to tell him what his or her views.

After sending a reply to the letter her family had sent her, Angelica decided to hang out in this part of the castle. She loved listening to the portraits' discussions and it fascinates her to see them go from one portrait to another, plus sometimes she get a chance to join in.

As her eyes wandered, it came upon a very serious-looking boy. Their eyes met but she immediately looked away. She can see coldness in his eyes. She settled in a corner and put out her beloved journal. She pulled out from her pocket a picture of her and her sister last summer, she stared at it for a few moments and began to scribble.

Clyde noticed the girl who had just came to the corridor. She looked really gentle, her face a pale white though it gives off a pink blush that made her look human than the doll that she was supposed to look like. Clyde knew she didn't carry the heavy aura of summer that so affected everyone inside the school. The girl had looked at him, though she quickly turned away as though she was scared of Clyde. This made Clyde think more on what's he's doing, how bitter he was acting. This girl seemed to wake him up from that stupor of a dream. "I've never seen you before. You're from what House?" he asked, smiling kindly at the girl. Just as he asked her the question, she'd pulled out something from her bag and then stared at it for a few moments before scribbling something. Clyde wondered if the girl heard him.

Angelica sensed someone staring at her so she looked up. She saw the boy with the serious-looking face, she didn't know what to do! She examined his face and saw kindness and a smile, she decided to answer him.

"Uh-uh-mm, I-I'm a Gryffindor. Y-you?" she said stammering. Why was she stammering?This is so embarasing. He might think I'm a wimp or something...she thought

Clyde only smiled at the girl as she seemed to be a bit afraid of him. But Clyde wasn't sure, so he didn't talk for a moment. But just as then, the girl asked him what his House is. "I'm a snake." Clyde said matter-of-factly. He used a term he only heard from everyone else at the common room. Though at first, he didn't know what it means. But of course it was quite obvious, though he never used the term before this conversation. "And you're a lion. That's kinda makes me envious." he said, still smiling at the girl.

Clyde gave a small moment for the girl to talk or to think, whichever, and then asked her another question again. "What's your name?"

"I knew it. You are a slytherin, I saw the same coldness in your eyes. Just like them." she said. "I'm not saying you're a snob but when I pass by other slytherins they always have their chins up high, like they're the only ones important." she added.

"But hey, it's not like I'm judging you or something..."she said and looked away. Feeling ashamed, Angelica fell silent for a few moments.

"By the way I'm Angelica! Pleasure to meet you." she exclaimed while suppressing an uncomfortable smile and encouraged a handshake.

Clyde chuckled at the mention of the coldness in his eyes. He didn't know that his eyes looked like that, or maybe it's just because of his eye color. "Well, most of us are pure bloods. So we are a bit important." he said in his friendliest tone. Clyde wondered if the girl was pure blood, but decided not to ask. And about the chin up thing, he does that too, of course. Even though he's not a pure blood, he does have pride that no one would have.

"Well, it's my turn to give my opinion." he said with a smile, looking at the girl in the eye. "They say Gryffindors don't use their brains that much. Is it true?" The question was a rude in its way, but Clyde's tone was so gentle, so kind, that no one would think he was asking that question. He looked at her, still smiling. "You don't look like that, though. In fact, I though you were a Ravenclaw. Almost everyone there is pretty."

She slightly raised an eyebrow after hearing his opinion but lowered it for fear that the boy might think she's a brat. "Oh, you're flattering me. Thanks, by the way, for my exception from the not-using-their-brains Gryffindors. I'll take that as a compliment. Thank you very much." she said in a slightly sarcastic voice.

"It's not like I'm offended by the brains issue, I was taken back that others think Gryffindors don't use their brains???Gosh, it is kinda humiliating. But I still like being a Gryffindor." she beamed at him.

"I understand." Clyde replied calmly. He knew the girl was offended by his description of Gryffindors. Well, he tried not to offend her, at least. "That's how I feel when people discriminate Slytherin. I feel more pride that I was sorted in that House." he said with a rather mocking smile. Slytherins aren't discriminated because they're low and stupid. It's just that they're so high that others get inferior around them. At least that's how he understands it.

"But how do you answer the problem when you discriminate Slytherins who aren't as mean as the others are? There are those they call 'scum' in our House. Those Slytherins who don't want to act all high.
" Clyde thought of Eliza. And that bitter girl he met. He pitied them, of course. But he had those times with the Dark Elites. Times when he called other people scums too.

"Oh, that's rude. Calling people scum just because they didn't act superior." Angelica answered. She checked her watch and remembered she still have to send a reply to her mom's letter! "Hey,I'm sorry, but I gotta run. My schedule's a little packed today. So, see ya!" she waved and ran to the direction of the owlery. She looked back and smiled at the boy. She learned so much from him. "Thanks!" she shouted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back