Going out for a walk.

"Oh Merlins Whiskers are you serious? You're arms are sore and here I am letting you carry my books. You should have said" she gasped standing up immediately and reaching for them, "I'd never have let you carry them if I had known your arms were in pain!"

"Oh, no, I didn't mean they were sore from before. Just lugging this books around, I was wondering if we were almost at our destination." Njord felt a little lame that he had made it sound like he was weak.

Andromeda smiled and picked up her own pile of books then.
"Well if you're sure, you are so cool for helping. Thanks" she began to walk again looking back at him and then up the flights ahead of them.
"Just to the 7th floor, to the Gryffindor Commonroom. You don't have to go the whole way though. You've been pretty decent getting them up these two flights as it is".

((sorry for the delay, I've been busy with rl))

The 7th floor??? Holy.... Njord thought to himself. "No, no worries, I"m happy to help. So how is it being a Gryffindor? Do you guys have many meetings or stuff to bring up your house spirit? You certainly don't need help in the points department." He said thinking about his own houses dismal showing in the house point race.

[[my turn to apologise, RL as well]]

Andromeda continued walking, she liked the fact that she didn't have to try so hard to talk with him.
"I love being a Gryffindor but then again, if I had been sorted anywhere else I'd probably have loved that too" she told him, "My parents were both Ravenclaw, it was only my uncle who was a Gryffindor. He said he knew that that's what I was going to be. We don't have meetings really unless it's about Quidditch but somehow we manage the odd few mornings to all meet up in the commonroom and have a bit of a laugh. We've sometimes gone for a meal together, the whole house I mean... you know like we'd meet in the commonroom by accident and end up heading down for breakfast or something together. We all get on really well together. The older ones are always looking out for us first years and give us a hand with our spells and stuff as well".

Andromeda hoped she hadn't bored him senseless but when it came to Gryffindor she could talk all day.
"Do you like Hufflepuff then? I mean how are you finding it especially with transferring an' all?"

"Hufflepuff is okay and all. I don't really spend much time in the dorm area and with all honesty, I haven't made any friends." Njord confessed. Talking to this care seemed to come very easy to him.

Andromeda looked at Njord incredulously. She couldn't believe that for a second. What was wrong with those Hufflepuffs, this guy was really cool. He had helped her with her books when he didn't have to, lugging them up several flights of stairs and nearly killing himself, he was easy to chat to as well. She couldn't understand why he wasn't making more friends here or any. Well he had her now anyway, as far as she was concerned anyhow.
"Well count me down as numero uno then" she smiled at him, "I tell you what how about after the exams when we can go to Obsidian, why don't we make a trip. Have you been around there yet?"

"Well I think that sounds great. I've only been to Obsidian harbor once to get a new wand, but all my other stuff I just brought with me from my old school. Are there any cool places there?" He inquired with a genuine smile on his face. He was happy he ran into this girl, even if it meant his arms were two inches longer after the meeting.

"Well there's a lot more shops, with a bigger selection. A really cool book store" Andromeda looked at the books they were still carrying and smiled, "Maybe we have enough books for now. There's a really cool promenade near the harbour and in the evening it looks something out of a Charles ****ens book when you look back to the rows of shops. It's really cool".
Andromeda knew she was blabbing again but they had reached the 7th floor corridor and for some reason she didn't want to just grab her books from him and run. She liked talking with him.
"There's a cool ice cream parlour and the quidditch supply store is there too. I'm sure we'll find loads to do".

Njord laughed at the book comment and then breathed a sigh of relief when they came to the Gryffindor entrance. "Well, I think that sounds great." he said. "And I guess this is where I take my leave, seeing as I'm not permitted inside. Are you okay to carry them the rest of the way?" he indicated the books he was still balancing.

Andromeda didn't want to tell him that she had been well capable of carrying the books the whole way, instead she smiled and nodded her head.
"Yeah I can manage from here, thanks Njord" she smiled at him as she waited for him to pile the rest of the books onto her pile.
"Just let me know when you're ready to go for that trip" Andromeda looked at the portrait and knew she would be able to get in with the stack of books no worries, goodness knows she had managed before. At least soon they would be learning the floating charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back