Goal

Perry Wyatt

OOC First Name
Tamara
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Unyielding Fir Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Perry was missing his sports and especially his soccer. He was in a soccer team back home and he missed his saturday match and practise. Luckily for him he had brought a nice leather ball to Hogwarts. He was ready to play some ball outside. The odds were in his favour aswell, the weather was lovely. He grabbed his ball and his bag filled with keeper gloves and his shoes and went outside. It was a lovely day indeed and Perry was excited to kick some ball. He opened his bag and took his ball out and changed his shoes.

He threw the ball on the ground and tried out some evasive maneuvers. They had practised this on Perry his last training before summer stop. What his team didn't know was that he wasn't going to return. It was sad to think about and Perry didn't watch his ball like he should be. So it rolled away, Perry ran and retried his ball. He wouldn't want to loose this ball, it was like his baby. He also didn't bring any others and somehow he had a feeling there were no ball shops close to Hogwarts.

Rory hadn't been outside by herself for a while. At the beginning of her first year she had frequently slipped away from her new friends and spent time quietly down by the lake, or up trees along the lawn. This year, however, not so much. She was hardly even writing in her journals anymore, she realised - she hadn't even thought to bring it with her now, and packing it into her trunk back at home had almost been an afterthought. It was probably because she spent most of her days with her friends now, something she had never been able to do at home, which had mostly been comprised of alternately bugging her sister to play with her and hiding from the younger girl as Sophia tried to give her impromptu flute recitals - an instrument that, unfortunately, didn't remain stationary like the piano did.

The grimace on Rory's face as she remembered was more traditional than deserved - her sister had actually gotten quite good in the year she'd been here at school. Rory hadn't been expecting to find another reason she'd been glad she was sent away to Hogwarts, but there it was. She hadn't expected school to be so exciting. Sure the classes were mostly as boring as she had imagined, but there always seemed to be something happening. Case in point, she thought smugly as she watched a boy run past chasing a ball, there went something to do right now. Getting up off the ground where she had been sitting, Rory jogged after him. "Hey! What are you doing? Can I join?" The question was asked as a mere formality, she fully expected that the boy would say yes, because who would really want to play by themselves?

The ball was his main priority, he couldn't loose it. He could only hope that his team was going to be champion without him. At first he hadn't noticed anyone talking to him. He was way too focussed on the white and black ball. After a couple of seconds he was sure he had heard a voice. Perry looked up and saw a girl standing close to him. She had asked him if she could join. ''Sure, do you play?'' It was only more fun when more people joined in. You could only play against yourself for so long. ''I am Perry'' he smiled while still chasing the ball. Perry played the ball to the girl and waited for what she was going to do with it.
He wanted to see if she even could play soccer. Somehow most people here hadn't heard of it or didn't want to hear of it. Telling it was for muggles or something. Perry had finally found out after a couple of months that he was a muggleborn. Which meant that he wasn't from the wizarding world. It was way too confusing and in reality Perry could care less about it.

''Have you played soccer before?''
Perry was curious, she seemed nice enough. He was sure he had seen her in the common room before, so that meant she was a Gryffindor as well. Not that he spend many hours in the common room, he hated to be inside.

"Cool, thanks!" Rory said, grinning when the boy didn't seem to mind her sudden gate-crashing of his soccer game. Practice? Something, anyway. She watched him chase the ball down with interest, and when he introduced himself she pressed a hand to her chest somewhat too dramatically for the situation. "I'm Rory," she announced. "And nah, I've never played a proper game, but I watched one in the last Olympics." Well, half of one. Slightly less. But it was just kicking a ball around, wasn't it? That would be easy enough. She made sure to keep her eye on the ball as Perry kicked it towards her, managing to move forward just in time to stop it from sailing into her shins, which she was pretty pleased about. Quickly, Rory turned her body around just enough to kick the ball back with her more dominant foot.

She had noticed Perry was wearing what looked like proper gloves on his hands, and it suddenly occurred to her that maybe he played the sport seriously. She hoped he wouldn't get frustrated with her amateur attempts at kicking, although she felt like the one she'd just done had been pretty passable. "You look pretty official, were you on a proper team or something?" She swung her leg back and forth, half-thinking it would be like some kind of warm up that might help her kick better. "I've never played any sports, really. My sister's the one with all the real hobbies." Finished with swinging her leg Rory moved to stand more solidly, her hands traveling up to rest on her hips. "They're annoying ones too. Last time I was home she kept chasing me around trying to play the flute at me."

She had never played before, but she was semi decent at it. ''Yeah the olympics are nice'' Perry muttered while passing the ball to Rory. ''Yeah, I have played it since I was six.'' Perry thought about his soccer team and scholarship. ''I was even accepted into a special sports school'' He didn't say it because he wanted to look good, but it did show how good he was in the sport. He missed every second of it, but magic was also cool. Perry loved soccer and muggle things. Yesterday he had learned that there wasn't any electricity on this school. Learning that was hard for Perry, he had hoped there was some electricity around. ''You aren't half as bad in soccer as most people in my previous class'' When they had gym some of Perry's students would run away from the ball, they were scared.

Perry's brother wasn't magical according to this school. Well he didn't got the letter like he had. He was jealous when he heard it, but was glad that he didn't have to go. He would miss sports as well. ''My brother plays soccer aswell, we are kind of the same.'' Perry smiled he missed his brother. ''Siblings can be annoying though yes.'' He grinned, sometimes his brother wanted to show he was bigger and better than him. It never ended up nicely, siblings were annoying that was true. ''Are there any muggle sports events hosted at this school?'' Perry kind of knew the answer would be no, but he could always ask.

The ball flew at Rory a little harder than she had been expecting, smacking right into her shin. It wasn't anything to worry too much about though; there was only a little stinging sensation. Ignoring it, Rory instead focused on what Perry had just told her. "That's so cool!" she grinned. "You must be really good then - you'll probably be famous one day." Therefore hearing that he thought she was kind of alright at soccer, at least compared to other people in his experience, was funny to Rory. She was surprised by it, though in a pleased sort of way, because she knew she'd never had any great athletic talent - the flying lessons last year had unfortunately convinced her of that. Laughing, she replied, "It was just one kick. All the rest could be terrible."

Unsure whether she was actually about to demonstrate this or not, Rory took a moment to eye up where she wanted the ball to go before once again kicking it back to Perry. Naturally curious, at his mention of his brother Rory immediately asked "I don't have a brother. What's he like?" She had quite a few male cousins, but she didn't actually have to live with any of them - which, depending on the cousin, was a bit of a relief. Turning her attention back to Perry's own question, she didn't even have to think before saying, "I've never heard of any. Which is kind of dumb actually." Rory had never really considered the issue before, but now that she had been prompted she decided she would definitely rather have more sports events to break up the boring school year.

When the girl spoke about getting famous Perry was a bit sad. He wanted to be a professional player, but he couldn't fur fill his dreams here. ''If I wanted to be famous, I shouldn't have gone here,'' Perry paused between sentences ''Here I don't practise as much, so I my levels can't grow'' Perry knew this very well and had made a dissension based on what he liked the most. Knowing magic seemed cool and he always picked mage when he played mages. ''Nah, the others were fine aswell.'' Perry winked at Rory.

He retried the ball and put it to a halt, he did a small trick and passed it back. Playing with someone was fun, he should have asked a room mate of his before. Perry was excited to play and the girl wasn't half as bad as she said she was. When she asked about his brother he had to think. ''He plays soccer as well, but he is a bit ruder than I am.'' Perry thought back on a situation on the field. He had made a sliding on purpose on another player. That player had a broken ankle and couldn't player in the season any more. ''He can be a bit competitive and sometimes that takes over.'' Perry smiled, he was competitive, but could also enjoy a game for fun. ''What is your sister like?'' Perry asked politely. Rory seemed nice, so her sister would be the same probably. ''It is sad that there are no Muggle sports events, I am sure that I won't be only one liking a muggle sport.'' Perry knew there were more people like him on the school. And he was sure they weren't all into soccer or Quidditch.

Rory frowned slightly at hearing that Perry likely wouldn't get to become famous if he was stuck here at Hogwarts. "You should run away then," she grinned at the boy. "If you're good at soccer you don't even need school." She wished she was good enough at something to try and use it to get away from her boring classes. In response to the fact that she was apparently alright at the sport herself for a beginner, Rory laughed delightedly. "But what if the next one is the worst kick you've ever seen," she teased jokingly. "You'll have to take it all back." She wasn't going to mess it up on purpose though. Maybe she had a natural talent, and she could also run away to be a famous soccer player! After watching Perry perform a trick with the ball, however, Rory had to rethink that idea. There was no way she'd be co-ordinated enough to do something like that, and she flashed a thumbs up at the boy. "Nice!"

This meant she was slightly unprepared for the ball as it was passed back to her, but she did manage to stop it shooting past even if she looked a bit of mess doing so. Listening to him describe his brother she simply said, "That sucks," focusing on the kick she was about to perform. Once the ball was safely back on its way to Perry, she considered his question. "Sophia's way too worried about getting everything right. Likes flowers, hates bugs. Doesn't like doing anything remotely fun." In Rory's opinion anyway. "But she's alright," she finished, smiling. She actually quite liked her sister - even more so now that they weren't annoying each other at every hour of the day. Nodding at Perry's last statement, Rory brought her hands up to her hips. "We could get the teachers to do something about that, I bet." She was suddenly overtaken with the idea of making a cool sign and marching through the corridors with it.

Rory had humour and she was the first person that didn't think he was an idiot. ''Hmhmhmh, Maybe I should'' Perry grinned ''Not like we are kept here against our wills'' with an innocent whistle he ended his sentence. Soccer was great, but you couldn't do it professional all your life. When you become thirty you are too old already and then they dump you for a younger player. Learning magic would stay with you for all your life. ''If the next one is really the worst kick I have ever seen, which I doubt then I will take it back.'' Perry paused ''But if you do it on purpose and I will notice that. That would just mean you are a great actress.'' He had forgotten about his ball and the leathery thing had wandered off a bit. When he retried the ball he kicked it back to Rory. He wanted to see if the worst shot in human history was really going to happen. She seemed like an average run in the mill soccer player, so he was almost certain she couldn't make the worst shot possible.

''Your sister doesn't sound half as bad'' He muttered while thinking about Rory. What she said about her sister and her was just the same with him and his brother. Siblings are annoying if you are nothing alike. ''But you do not sound anything like your sister does'' I mean hating everything that is fun it pretty diehard. When Rory talked about his idea, he got even more excited. Maybe next year some event could happen at the school. ''We should talk to a professor or give out flyers to pitch our ideas'' he spoke excitingly. He was happy he had found some common ground with Rory.

Rory grinned, glad that Perry was fun enough to pretend to go along with her rather improbable idea. "If you do, send a letter back here and tell me all about it." She also couldn't help laughing at his idea that she might be considered an actress by performing a bad kick on purpose. "I can't act either, though! Mum always knows when I'm lying about sneaking some ice cream from the freezer. Are all mothers like that? Is yours?" She managed to receive the ball back rather averagely when it was passed to her, and for a moment she stood with one foot on it, thinking. It would be kind of funny if she actually did manage to mess up, but she knew she'd never be able to do so convincingly if she tried. Clumsy stuff like that was never any good if it was staged, so instead Rory prepared herself to send one of her usual attempts back at Perry. If it was a bad kick, she didn't know it.

Upon hearing his opinion of the similarities between her and Sophia, Rory nodded. "We're pretty different, yeah. But I'm glad we're not the same - I might be just like her, can you imagine?" She poked her tongue out, making a disgusted face at the very thought. "You don't seem much like how you described your brother though; I reckon that's a good thing... families are so weird." Well, hers was anyway. Maybe everyone else had normal families, who were all generally the same, rather than identical without deviance in some aspects and then on complete opposite ends of the scale in others. At least it made them interesting. Rory was also glad that Perry seemed to be getting fired up about his muggle sport event idea. "Right," she said, stretching her arm out to point a finger at him. "It's your great idea, so whenever you want to do it just say 'go' and I'll back you up. It'll be awesome, I know it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back