Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Sapphire had done nothing but think too much lately. It seemed to be all she did anymore. Think about Frankie, think about her brother, think about her future. Think about Noelle. She hadn't expected things to turn this way. Frankie was constantly in the back of her mind, and she had never known what that meant, or what to do with that. But more and more recently, she had found that she had someone else on her mind as well. She had always known she was just a distraction for Noelle. From the beginning, he had been clear. He was trying to get over Willow. She had been fine with that, bored and intrigued by the soft Maxwell. But now... well, she hadn't expected to connect with the boy. Or for him to be in her thoughts this way. She knew what needed to be done, for both his sake and for hers. She leaned against the railing, watching the stars as she always did when she had a lot on her mind.

Noelle decided to look for Sapphire at the towers, seeing as he could not find the girl in the dungeons or even in every place that he could think of. In his hand was a small clip that he planned to give her before the dance. He had not sent her any rose. She sent him one, in a color that he did not expect. He climbed the last flight of stairs. At the end of the short hallway, he found who he was looking for. "Sapph..." He made his presence known, slowly approaching her.

Sapphire didn't turn when she heard Noelle. "Took you long enough." She responded instead, letting the wind tussle her hair a bit. "Im not going to the dance with you, Maxwell." She stated simply, not bothering dancing around her point. "I know you still love her. And I'm tired just being a distraction. Go get her back already," she scolded him lightly, trying to nudge him back where he needed to go.

Noelle frowned at Sapphire's demeanor. He had known her to be stubborn, blunt, and tough. But he had seen a different side of her. A side very few people knew about. He just listened to her, shaking his head in disagreement. Without any preamble, he stepped in front of her and pulled her face in a kiss. "Love her or not, we're going to this dance together, Michaels." He whispered the moment he let go of her lips. He held out the clip to her. "And wear this. I got this for you. A pink baret for the pink rose you gave me."

Sapphire almost faltered, wanting to lean into the kiss he gave her. She shook her head, stepping away and not moving to take the beret. "I wasn't asking, Noelle." She stepped away. "I'm not going with you." She turned and tried to walk away, though she didn't really expect him to just let her go. She racked her mind, trying to think of a way to make him walk away from her.

Noelle sighed, getting frustrated. He knew Sapphire was stubborn but he was not budging. "And I'm not asking Sapph. I told you. You'll have me whenever you want. Does this mean you're pushing me away?" He could not help the words coming out of his mouth. "Please, Sapphire. Come to the dance with me. Or we just don't go and be somewhere." He attempted to get close to her, taking her by the waist. The time they spent over the break was still at the back of his mind.

Sapphire wasnt sure what she had expected; she probably should have expected him to grab her. But when he took hold of her, her instincts kicked in again. Without a thought, she jerked away from him, whirling and using the force of her turn to throw a punch straight for his jaw.

Noelle now felt what Joshua felt when he was punched by Alexis' fiance. "OW!!" He cradled his jaw as he whirled to face Sapphire. "What the heck, Sapph?!" He stormed toward her and placed his arms on her shoulders. Without thinking, he pushed her against the wall and kissed her on the lips. He pressed his body closer, leaving her no room for escape nor struggle. "Hit me all you want, I don't care. I'm going to the dance with you, I'd drag you if I have to.", he said with finality. He can play her game.

Sapphire struggled as he pushed her against the wall, feeling trapped. There really was no way around it, then. "Let go of me," she responded when he pulled back. "Let me go, Noelle. Shes the one you really want. If she hadn't left you, you would never have even spoken to me. It was fun for a while, but I'm done being your distraction. I told you when you came to me; I don't do this." She steeled her spine, trying to shut him out completely. She hated the small part of her that wished Frankie would do this. Sapphire knew better, however. Oliver, Alkander, Mervyn, Chrysander, Frankie, Noelle. She was never enough; never the first choice; often she was never even a choice at all. The people closest to her left her, one by one. She was tired of it.

Noelle stepped back. Somehow, Sapphire was right. He still loved Willow. He would not have spoken to the Slytherin if they did not break up. So how come he was confused as well? Why was he worried for her? "Sapphire..." was all he could manage to say. " But you're not a distraction for me." He looked at her, not daring to to touch her. He winced at the pain of his jaw when he tried to move it too much. "Why are you pushing me away? So many times I tried talking to Willow. She kept her silence that it hurts me and you're there to make me whole again. She kept avoiding me... until..." He stopped short, remembering the yellow rose he got and the note.

Sapphire shook her head. Those puppy eyes didn't get to her. They couldn't. "You need to go after her, Noelle. Really." She leaned up, pressing one last kiss to his jaw where she'd hit him. "I'm sorry," she managed softly. "We both know I'm not the one you really want." She laid her head on his shoulder a moment, taking one last bit of comfort. She couldn't help but snake her arms around him, hugging him close one last time. "Go get your girl," she managed softly, keeping her head high as she stepped back again and turned to continue walking away.

Noelle just stood there, closed his eyes at the kiss and let Sapphire hug him. He just kept his arms to his sides, fists balled. When she turned to leave, he went after her and hugged her from behind. "You're not getting rid of me that easily, Michaels. But I'll let you be." he murmured into her hair. " For the record, you hurt me way more than Willow did." And with those words, he brushed past her down the stairs, not looking back for he barely had to hold the tears back.

Sapphire froze as Noelle grabbed her again, though this time she had been better prepared and didn't want to immediately clock him for it. Her resolve almost wavered as he whispered into her hair, her eyes shutting as she struggled to keep her composure. "Noe..." She tried, but he spoke again before she could really think of something to say. Her eyes widened at his words, heart twisting in her chest. "Noelle..." She tried softly, unthinkingly reaching her hand for him, but he was already gone. She sighed, running both hands through her hair and turning to slump against the nearest wall. Stupid boys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back