Go Away, Come Back

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Taylor approached the Cliffs, a place she knew was out of bounds, but she was curious. Checking there was no one watching, she slipped down and sat behind a large rock where she would be unseen by passers by. She crossed her legs and pulled out her wand. She twirled it between her fingers as she looked out across what lay beyond Hogwarts. It was a beautiful sight. She began to sing quietly to herself, it was an old muggle song, but she loved it. "If today was your last day, if tomorrow was too late, could you say goodbye to yesterday." Taylor had a good voice, but she found she wasnt using it much at Hogwarts. Back home she would sing whenever and where ever she felt like. Which meant she was singing a lot. Now that she was at Hogwarts she didnt really want people hearing her voice, she also guessed she never had a chance to use it. On that thought she stopped singing, instead taking the wand in her hand and pointing it at a small stone close to her foot. "Depulso." She said simply, banishing it away from her. "Accio." She brought it back to her, before repeating the proccess. There she sat, flipping through her thoughts as she banished and summoned a small stone, looking out on the peaceful view.

Patricia was lazing around in the common room, something she was doing too much of recently. For the first time in a long time she felt alone, which was really stupid, she had friends, who granted were all too busy to just hang out with recently and there was plenty of people around her to talk too, but she still felt alone. Putting all off her books back into her bag she left the common room and headed for the grounds.

It was a nice spring day, warm enough. Patricia strolled though the grounds and took in the lovely day, not sure of where her feet were taking her. Before it too late she realised she was near the cliffs. She had never strolled off the grounds this far before, and she knew the cliffs were off bounds to the students, but they were too tempting. She was already there so it was too late to turn back now.

Walking along the clifftop she tried to get a good look into the deep waters below, lashing on to the cliff side. Despite the water beating against the cliffs being loud she heard a sweet singing coming from a few feet away from her and looked up to see if she could find the source of the singing. She couldn't see anyone but went further u[ the cliff side. After walking a few feet she could here someone muttering Depulso and Accio she could hear the voice was coming behind one of the large rocks. When she approached the girl she said, "Was that you singing a moment ago?" and leaned against the rock, waiting for a response.

Taylor was a little startled when someone approached her and asked if that was her singing. She looked up, unconciously pointing at the girl. Blushing, she quickly pocketed the piece of wood feeling rude for having dont that. Even if it was an accidental action. "Sorry, yeah it was." She said with a small embarassed smile. She wasnt usually shy about such things, but if it was people she didnt know, she could get that way. She looked just past the girl, noticing she was a bit older. She hadnt seen her around, so that lead Taylor to believe she was in fact older.

Patricia sat down beside the girl, "Why you apologising?" She asked, surprised. "You were really good." She said encouragingly, sensing the girl was embarrassed but her singing. She knew what it was like to be embarrassed about singing, she loved to do it and her family always made her sing at family get togethers, but that hadn't been since Christmas past, then again she was never brave enough to do it at Hogwarts for some reason.

"Oh I was apologising about pointing my wand at you, I didnt mean to do that." She laughed uneasily. At least the girl was nice, Taylor wondered what might have happened if she had been caught out by an older Slytherin student. Like that one that spilt ink on her. Taylor inwardly scowled at the memory. She turned to the girl who had taken a seat beside her. "Thanks." She said with a genuine smile. She loved compliments, who didnt? "Im Taylor." She said, before adding. "Taylor Mercer." Her dad had taught her always to say her last name, although she didnt fully understand why.

Patricia laughed, "Opps my bad. But you don't go to Hogwarts for two years and not have a wand pointed at you a few times now and again." She explained. "Your welcome." She said with a small bow. "Nice to meet you Taylor. Patricia Rogers." She said outstretching her hand. "First year am I right?" She asked Taylor. She more than likely was, there was so many new people at the school she couldn't even tell, she was still surprised to meet people in her own year.

The girl said she had been at the school for two years. Made sense. She took the girl, who she now knew as Patricia's hand and shook it firmly with a smile. "Nice to meet you too." She said back. The girl guessed first year, just like anyone else that was older than Taylor did. It appeared to be so obvious that she was a firsty and she would imagine it would too. Being at the school you would get to know who was there. "You would be right." She admitted with a laugh, moving her eyes back to the view. "Second year for you then?" She asked for extra measure.

Patricia beamed, "Thought as much." She said with a shrug. Giving a small bow she said, "Yes I'm second year. Hard to believe that I will be a third year soon. This year has sure gone by quickly. What do you think?" She asked the girl. She still wasn't able to get over the fact that she had nearly completed two years in this school, two amazing years.

Taylor laughed lightly and rolled her shoulders. "I cant believe it. Its just gone, just like that." She stated, it was true, she didnt understand why or how it had done that. She would be in her second year before she knew it. She couldnt be more happy that she now had been in a wizarding school for almost a year. Muggle school was something Taylor had hated and she couldnt believe her parents had sent her there, but that was life.

Patricia nodded with a laugh, "Told you." She said. "So have you enjoyed your first year here?" She asked. "Classes, Professors, friends? Have they all been good for you?" She asked. She always enjoyed talking to the younger students, to see how different they were from herself and how this year had differed from her own year.

Taylor smiled up at Patricia. "Yeah I have. There has been some drama between my friends and went to Hospital the other week, but all in all." She let a small laugh and vaugely wondered if the rest of the school knew about her going to Hospital, probably wasnt that big of deal. "Ive had a great year." She said simply, meaning every word. "What brings you to the cliffs today?" She asked, wanting to switch some of the conversation back to Patricia.

Patricia listened to Taylor's story. Drama? What's new between first years? she thought to herself, "Ah it wouldn't be a good first yeah without some drama, I had my own." She said laughing with a roll of her eyes remembering her first year.

When Taylor mentioned she had to visit the hospital wing Patricia cringed, thankfully she hadn't found the need to visit there yet. She was about to respond but could see she wanted to change the subject.

Patricia give a sigh, "I'm not really sure." She said shrugging. "I've been spending far too much time in the common room or my dorm room and thought a trip out to the grounds would be a good way to clear my mind and I just kept walking, I didn't even realise I walked this far until I heard your singing and I looked up." She answered. "What was that you were singing?" She asked.

Taylor laughed, of course it probably happened to everyone. They were all settling into their groups and new school etc. Of course there had to be drama. She noticed the girl cringe a little. Yeah the hospital wing made Taylor feel the same way. Its like a boredom prison in that thing.

Taylor listened to what Patricia said about why she was out here. "What house are you in?" Taylor asked, guessing that she wasnt in Slytherin, she was much too nice and Taylor hadnt seen her in Gryffindor. When she asked what Taylor had been singing she smiled. "Its an old muggle song, but I love it. By a band called Nickelback." She said, wondering if the girl had any relations to muggles. Strange how many people knew absolutely nothing about them, even when Taylor was raised in a pureblood family, she was still made to live like a muggle alot of the time.

"Hufflepuff." Patricia answered simply, "And yourself?" She asked in return. Patricia found it amazing how much you could tell about people by what house they were in, although it didn't always work out like that, she did know a few nice Slytherins to be fair.

Patricia nodded, "Oh yeah I know Nickleback." She said with a smile, she always got surprised by the fact that people knew somethings about muggles. "They weren't my favorite band back home so I suppose that's why I didn't recognise the song." She said with a shrug. "What's it called?" She asked, maybe she had heard it before.

Taylor nodded, Hufflepuff made sense. "Im a Gryffindor." She said with a smile. Houses didnt matter to her all that much, but they could tell a bit about a person by what house they were in.

Taylor's eyes widened when Patricia said she knew Nickelback. "Really? Wow," She chuckled, "Not not many people know alot about muggles here." She stated honestly. "Its called if today was your last day. Im not that big of a fan of them myself, but I love some of their music." She said simply. "Oh and dont get the wrong idea by me singing that up here." She let out a laugh. Singing that on the cliffs maybe wasnt a smart thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back