Gift Exchange

Angus Greenwood

OOC First Name
Camilla!
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Angus hummed to himself as he waited in the Entrance Hall for Luna. He had gotten her a nice present on the holidays, and he hoped she would like it. His mum had helped him to pick it out (although she'd been making jokes about his girlfriend, which bemused Angus, as it seemed that a few people thought they were boyfriend and girlfriend. It wasn't true, they were just great friends.
He lounged on the stairs, gift carefully tucked away in his pocket, and waited for Luna to arrive. He'd seen her briefly and asked her to meet him there, so surely she'd come soon, unless she didn't want to see him - but they were friends, so of course she would, he told himself.

Luna walked at a quick pace down the stairs of Ravenclaw tower to the Entrance hall carrying a rather large box wrapped in silver paper with a large green bow. She was making sure to watch her steps and not fall as that would be disastrous, The guitar was already extremely fragile being magicked back together by Juanita after being nearly smashed all to pieces by her idiot cousin and she didn't want to test this new ones strength. When she had gotten back to hogwarts she had changed the red and yellow flames to green ones and changed the background from a brilliant gold to a cool black before wrapping it up. Her mom had commented on her putting more effort into his present then her boyfriends and she just shrugged. Scorpius didn't play guitar or she would have done all of that for him... right?

Angus grinned when he saw Luna, carrying a rather large present. Wow, Angus thought, noticing how small his present to her seemed. Unless of course that was for Scorpius, which he would have understood. "Hey stranger," he said, happily. "Merry slightly late Christmas, and Happy New Year," he greeted, carefully taking the small blue parcel out of his pocket. "For you, my lady," he said with a bow as he passed her the present. He hoped she would like it - he'd agonised over it with his mother, reasoning that she would like it as they were ravens, for Ravenclaw, and a moonstone, something he knew Luna liked.

((
25f61jd.jpg

- teh necklace. :) ))

Luna approached Angus with a smile and gave her own greeting. "Merry Late Christmas, Happy New year, AND Happy slightly late Birthday Angus!" she exclaimed sitting the box down gently and wrapping him a hug. "We're both Teenagers now." she said stating the obvious when she pulled back, putting her hand on top of the tall box keeping it stable. When she got her present she sat the big box down in front of him before opening her own. She pulled the silver necklace out of the package and looked at it, tracing over the small ravens with her finger and admiring the good sized moonstone. "I love it Angus!" she chirped hugging him again. "Thank you, It's really pretty. You remembered I liked moonstones." she noted at the end "Go ahead and open yours." she added tapping the large box.

[
41qYixvvNWL._SL160_.jpg
Wiyth the smaller pic it actually looks like a real guitar.]

Angus gratefully returned the hug that Luna gave him, glad that Knight wasn't around as he was sure that if he was, he'd probably be in trouble for hugging his girlfriend. "Teenagers, does that mean we're going to have wild parties and stuff?" he said with a smirk, grinning as he watched Luna admiring the necklace. "I'm so glad you like it!" he exclaimed. "I may not remember much of my classwork but I remember the important things," he quipped as he opened his own present - astonished as he saw what it was. It was an extremely nice looking guitar. Angus's jaw quite literally dropped. "I, um...that is...wow," he spluttered, speechless. "You didn't have to do anything like this for me, Luna," he muttered, reddening. "But wow, thank you so much! I love it!" he exclaimed happily, giving her a extremely grateful hug.

"No Angus... That's not till about 16 or 17." She joked acting all knowing, "Because I know all about it of course!" she exclaimed overacting on purpose. Not realizing that she was half imitating the girl they both hated for different reasons. Antoinette in the snobbish attitude she was poking fun at. When he opened his own present Luna grinned at the reaction, glad he liked it. She had went a bit over the top but she had a bit of a habit of spoiling the people closest to her if she had the means. She returned the hug happily, "I'm glad you like it Angus." she chirped into his ear before the hug was ended. "Please be careful with it though. It's not exactly new." she admitted, not wanting the strength of the newly repaired guitar tested.

Angus smirked. "I figured as much. I heard it was more like 14/15. Maybe next year, hey? Party at my place over the break," he laughed, partially at his joke and partially at Luna's acting. Angus nodded soberly when Luna told him to be careful with the guitar. "I promise you I won't go in to any wild concert antics and smash the guitar or something. I'll treat it with the best of care," he pledged, mock-serious in his acting, but really meaning his words. "Thank you so much, again," he said quietly, his eyes showing his gratitude. How lucky he was to have a friend as great as Luna, he thought, as his fingers shaped some chords on the guitar and he strummed it a couple of times to test the sound. It needed to be tuned slightly, but that was an art Angus had perfected, even if he did say so himself.

"Sure, but don't expect me to help clean up." she joked before giving a chuckle at him saying he wouldn't smash the guitar or something stupid along those lines. "You'd better not Angus." she warned her tone light but her meaning still clear. "Only the best for you Angus, You're my best friend." she replied giving him a smile, looking at the necklace again as he tested the sound on the guitar. It seems the magic had had no affect on the sound and it was only expected to be out of tune after what it had been through. She traced her fingers over the small silver ravens and around the large moonstone. "Thank you so much for the necklace Angus... It's beautiful." she said softly, unhooking the clasp at the back wanting to put it on. "Sorry to ask... But could you possibly help me put it on? The clasp is rather small." she asked looking from Angus back to the clasp.

Angus rolled his eyes. "Oh, fine," he said with a laugh. Angus gave a satisfied smile as he saw Luna admiring the necklace. "I hoped you'd like it, I know you like moonstones, and you're a Ravenclaw, so when I saw this I knew I had to get it for my best friend," he explained with a wink. "Anything for you, my dear." He took the necklace from her and placed the necklace gently around her neck, pushing her hair out of the way and fumbling with the clasp a little until he finally got it hooked. He couldn't help but feel a slight smug superiority when he thought about it - here he was doing up Luna's necklace, not Scorpius. It was an odd feeling - not the superiority, but the closeness of the moment. He bit his lip, pushing the awkwardness out of his mind. "There we go. You look lovely. Well, you always do...I mean," he blurted, "the necklace suits you."

As he put the necklace on her at some point she felt the tips of Angus's fingers brush slowly across the skin on the back of her neck. It had been accidental on his part of course and he probably hadn't even noticed it but for some reason a small tingle ran down Luna's spine. Her face heating up, Are his fingers cold or something? she thought rationalizing with herself as her face quickly cooled back down. She wondered briefly what Scorpius would do if he were to turn the corner towards them right now. Her and Angus were only friends but he would probably go into another rage when he really didn't need to. Why did everyone believe there was something other than friendship in between the two of them? She smiled a bit as Angus seemed to stumble over his words, It seems I'm not the only one having to readjust to talking so much again. she thought, she didn't really talk as fast or as much as she usually did over the break and always got tongue tied the first day or two back.

"So, uhhh..." Angus muttered, awkwardly. "Did you have a nice Christmas?" he asked casually, figuring he'd take as much time talking to his best friend before he concealed himself and 'studied', or something close to that. "Get any cool presents? Obviously nothing as awesome as this necklace," he added as a joke.

"My Christmas was pretty good... We actually managed to get the whole family in one place for a change. With a family as large as mine that's almost impossible to do." she answered thinking back to the occasion. They had all went to her grandparents Geneva and Henry Stidham's house for Christmas. The house was rather large but still way too small for all of them to fit with much room but they managed it, most of them having to check into a nearby hotel. With Doug, Juanita, Kailey, Trista, Luna, Brianna, and the twins plus Zazuka who had been staying with them. Her numerous aunts and uncles on both sides of the family and their kids and even a couple grandkids. She felt sorry for Zazuka having to be around so many people she didn't know but the older girl had seemed to enjoy herself. "How was your Christmas?" she asked, wondering if his had been near as hectic as her has been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back