Getting to know you

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
((Sorry for those in different houses, but what would I be doing at one of the other houses. Still everyone join me))

Patricia made her way down to the Great Hall. It wasn't lunch or dinner time, but she had no class and the common room was becoming increasingly crowded for some reason, they wasn't that many last year, even with the new first years. Even the classes were now becoming larger. It was too cold outside, so Patricia made her way over to the Hufflepuff table.

The hall was nice and quiet, apart from a few who seemed to be doing homework. Patricia started to ponder why so many students was now wondering the halls. It wasn't even first years now, there was some new students in her classes.

Emme sat outside by the lake front. Her legs dipped into up to her knees. The water wasn't too cold but not warm enough for a swim even though she really wished she could. Sitting by the lake smiling she realized that she was hungry. How did she? Well of coarse as most people did. Emme's stomach let out a loud growl.

Laughing, she got up and shook her legs trying to let them dry off. Walking back up to the school she entered the great hall. Seeing a girl about her age, Emme walked over. Who cares if it was at the Hufflepuff table that Emme went to sit. Houses were really just bountries and Emme never did well with them.

"Hey" Emme said sitting next to the girl "I'm Emme hope you don't mind a bit of company" She said smiling as she normally did.

Patricia sat at the table, still wondering why so many new students were arriving at the school. In deep thought she heard a voice come from beside her.

Patricia turned around, a bit startled, "Of course not. Hi Emme, my name is Patricia. Always glad of the company." She said with a smile.

Not sure if the girl was her age or not Patricia decided to age a question, which would hopefully be the answer to the very thing she had been pondering, "So are first year?" If she wasn't it would be obvious that she was a transfer, but what year.

Glad that Patricia didn't mind the company, Emme began to add a few food items onto her plate as her stomach let out another growl. Smiling at how hungry she really was. "Nice to meet you Patricia" Emme said.

"And no I'm not a first year" Emme said realizing that this is what many people thought since she was new. "I'm actually a transfer Hogwarts Scotland" Emme said thinking about home for a moment before turning her mind back to her food. Taking a small bite of peas that she had placed on her place she turned back to Patricia.

Smiling she decided to continue "I'm actually a second year. What year are you in?" She asked casually.

Patricia smiled as she watched the girl put food on to her plate, she heard her stomach rumble, she gave a small laugh, but didn't want to seem rude.

Patricia then understood why she hadn't seen Emme about before. She had, of course, heard of Hogwarts Scotland, with the TriWizard Tournament last year.

Patricia, not hungry but thirsty, took her wand out of her pocket and pointed it at the apple juice half way down the table. The juice came floating towards her, it felt good to use magic again. Patricia poured herself and class of the juice and took a sip.

She wished she hadn't as it nearly shot up her mouth again, swallowing her drink she couldn't believe what the girl said, another second year! Patricia couldn't believe it, "I'm a second year myself. What house are you in?" She asked, she definately wasn't a Hufflepuff, or she would have seen her by now.

Emme poured herself some water wishing she had some butterbeer. If there was one thing she loved to drink here in the wizarding world it was butterbeer and now that Emme lived with only her muggle mother she was not allowed to have any wizard food or drinks. Yet the was basically the only downside. Emme would have chosen to live with her mom over her dad any day.

Though as Patricia seemed rather shocked that she was a second year, Emme couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Though Emme was so excited that she had met a second year. Finally... "I'm in Ravenclaw though" Emme said doubting this girl was in Ravenclaw either she was and stayed clear of the common room and dorms or she wasn't which seemed much more likely. "What about you?" She asked in return hoping she didn't seem like a parrot just repeating.

Patricia saw Emme give a small laugh, she knew herself that had over re-acted slightly, but it was a shock to meet a new second year. She was happy to hear that she was a Ravenclaw, there had been near enough no Ravenclaws last year, especially girls. "I'm in Hufflepuff." Patricia said happily.

"Well I'm sure you've heard this a bit but, welcome to Hogwarts New Zealand." Patricia said with a broad grin, a typical trait of a Hufflepuff, he thought to herself.

Avadia sat alone in the Ravenclaw common room, wondering where on earth the other Ravenclaws had gotten to. Her battered book sat on her lap, unopened. She had gotten sick of it, just another adventure story. The main character was put into another land, and found some companions, then they went larking off to find a sacred item that would bring the main character back. In the end, Ava guessed, the main character would say good-bye to his newfound friends, and go home.

Avadia hated good-byes, it almost broke her heart when she left Scotland, but New Zealand was her home, and considerably easier for her sisters to visit. She sat still in the unfamilier room, remebering the other common room she had once sat in.

Not one to sit and sulk, Ava went back to her dorm and put away the book. She decided to get something to eat, she was hungry. Usually she had a supply of food nicked from the kitchens, but in this new school she hadn't yet found the enterance to the kitchens.

Her jet-black hair bobbed in the rythem of her footsteps, as she walked out of the common room. Being in a tower was annoying! It took ages to walk down the many flights of stairs, and Avadia didn't want to walk. "What people do in hunger." she muttered to herself, walking over to the bannister. She hoisted herself up, and pushed off. She went flying down the staircase, people staring at her as she whipped past.

She entered the Great Hall, starving for food and company. She walked over to the Ravenclaw table, and picked up a cheese bun. She looked around, and saw two girls, one looked familier. As she drew closer, she recognised Emme. "Hey Emme!" she said, skipping over. She grinned at Patrica, hoping she wouldn't mind another person joining her. She sat down, and took a bite out of the bun, and chewed contentedly.

Emme smiled at Patricia's warm welcome "Actually you are the first. I haven't met many people yet" Emme said smiling as she took a sip of her water making sure not to spill anything on her. Actually Emme was quite a klutz.

Though as Emme heard her name she turned to see Ava. Her mouth fell open. "Ava" She said a bit shocked. This didn't see possible. Ava was Emme's best friend from back at Hogwarts Scotland. "What are you doing here?" Emme asked though she turned to Pat for a minute. "This is Ava" Emme explained "Another second year" She added with a smile.

Patricia was positively beaming at the chance meeting of a new second year girl. Patricia was always happy to meet new people, she liked having friends, it made up for the ones she left behind in Ireland.

Patricia smiled at Emme's response, it wasn't like people to not welcome newcomers. She saw another girl enter the Great Hall and go over to the Ravenclaw Table. Figuring she was going to join, Patricia sipped her drink again. Then after a few moments the girl who had just entered, has joined them.

She knew Emme and couldn't believe that it was yet again another second year transfer. Turning to the girl she said, "Hi there Ava, I'm Patricia, nice to meet you." She said happily.

Ava grinned at Emme, she was just as amazed that Emme was here. She swallowed the piece of bread she had been chewing, and laughed nervously. "I live in New Zealand, and my sisters wanted me home." She shrugged like it was no big deal. She wondered if her friends from Scotland knew where she lived, probably not.

"How 'bout you?" she asked Emme. Wow, it was so weird seeing Emme, almost like being in Scotland! She smiled at the other girl, who introduced herslef as Patricia. "Nice to met you Patrica, I'm Avadia." she said, even though Emme had already introduced her.

Emme didn't know that Avadia lived in New Zealand. "Glad someone else is here that I know" Emme said smiling as see took a spoonful of mashpotatoes and another sip of her water.

"Parents Divorced" Emme said simply when Ava asked why she was here. "Josh and I went with my mom and moved here. Becca and Maddie stayed with my dad over there" She said shrugging. It didn't bother Emme too much. She missed Becca but still the parents divorce was something she was expecting for awhile.

Grabbing a small roll Emme took a small bite.

Patricia listened to the two girls catch up. They seemed like good friends. She listened to each girls story, as to why they were both now in Hogwarts New Zealand.

She felt sorry for Emme, it must be tough for her parents to be divorced and away from some of her family, thinking of a subject changer, Patricia asked, "So were you both from the UK?" She asked.

Emme was actually glad for the change in subject. Though the parents divorce wasn't a hard topic to talk about, it was hard to imagine that she wouldn't see her sister until the next holidays in her third year. That was a long time away. Emme pushed that out of her mind as she listened to Patricia.

"Yeah I'm from London actually. But we just moved up here. Getting settled in a nice little house" Emme explained. Though this house here was not as big as her one at home it was still nice. "Have you always lived in New Zealand" Emme asked.

Patricia was sort of relieved that throughout her year at Hogwarts already she had met a few people from the UK, granted some of them moved to New Zealand, due to where they attended school. Shaking her head Patricia said, "No, actually, I'm from Northern Ireland. I only stay here during the year." She said with a smile.

"Was it hard to adapt, when you first moved?" She asked, knowing that she found it a bit strange herself when she moved to New Zealand last year, granted she only stayed up until summer break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back