getting to know the dungeons

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda wandered down the dungeon steps before she would be positively loathsome to come down here except for class, now she knew she had to get acquainted with the place. From now on every month she would be coming here for her wolfsbane potion.
Her eyes grew accostumed to the dull light very quickly. She walked along then stopped. The scent was familiar. The patter of footsteps was faint enough but she could still make them out. Someone was following her.

Andy stopped took her wand out of her robes and held it up as if ready to duel.

ginny had seen Andy passing her when she was busy doing her assignments and saw her going into the dungeons alone. She wondered why and had quickly packed her stuff and ran after her, slowing down when she had got into the dungeons. She didn't want to bump into any stupid slytherins. when andy came into her view, she noticed she had her wand up. 'Steady Andy. It's only me,'Ginny said cheerfully putting her hands up in a surrender way.

"Hey Ginny!" maybe she didn't have this scent thing down quite right yet, she thought to herself putting her wand away. "Just strolling around, usually I'm only here for potions so it's quick in and out agani. Got tired of studying so voile!"

She hoped that sounded plausable, she really liked Ginny and didn't like lying to anyone.

"What are you up to?"

'I totally understand. I was just studying when I saw you so i thought talking to you was an excuse.'Ginny joked slightly, grinning and dropping her hands. 'So how have your classes been? Have you got permissin yet?'she asked.

'great. Should see you flying sometime then. you'll be better than me i expect,'Ginny replied cheerfully. 'I'm not bothered,'she added.

[ooc; ok, i m here. sorry for the lateness, Andy]

Jolly was passing through the dungeons, on the her way to look for the kitchens. She had never been there and had this wild urge to try to do some cooking. That was when she heard some noises in the dungeons. Deciding to investigate, Jolly pulled out her wand and held it by her side as she climbed down the dungeon steps. A little way ahead, she could see two people.

One of them was instantly recognizable as Andy. Jolly hadn't had any alone time with Andy since the Ball and she had been worried about her. Perhaps this was not her chance to ask Andy about it since Ginny was there, too, but Jolly couldn't wait anymore. She walked over them and put her wand inside her robes safely. "Hi, guys," she said cheerfully.

ginny smiled as jolly appeared. 'Hi Jolly. How are you?'she asked.

"Hey Jolly Holiday!" Andy smiled at her, "what brings you down this low?"

Andy had noticed she had had her wand out as well and smiled at how cagey they all got as soon as they came down to the dungeons.

Jolly smiled at Ginny, then turned to Andy and asked, "Can I talk to you alone for a moment?" Her tone was hard and stiff. Jolly remembered the other day, the trouble she had gone through to search the whole place for Andy. She had to know what was so important to leave her friends hanging and worried.

Jolly threw half a glance at Ginny before relaxing completely. Maybe she was acting paranoid. Maybe nothing bad had happened at all. She ran her fingers through her hair, wondering whether she should believe herself. Then, as if she had made a decision and as if nothing was wrong at all, she said cheerfully, "So what are you guys up to?"

Andy smiled at her and decided to elaborate in the ridiculous.
"Well, I saw this figure float down here but it wasn't one of the regular ghosts so I thought I'd take a look" she walked a little bit ahead turning and winking at Ginny.
"I got as far as here and the thing started wailing I think it could be some banshee or something" she tried so hard to keep a serious face while looking at Jolly.

'yes. i came down here as well. It was the worst singing i've heard in years,'Ginny said very realisticly. She grinned as she played along with the joke. She wondered if jolly knew they were playing her up.

"Really? A banshee?" Jolly asked, at first believing what Andy was saying. Then, Ginny said she had heard the thing too. Jolly wasn't sure something like this could ever enter Hogwarts but she would have believed them had she not seen Andy's face. The girl was wearing an odd kind of expression, looking as if she was trying very hard not to laugh.

"Ah," muttered Jolly, rolling her eyes and smacking Andy on the arm. She grinned. "Very funny. Dumbo!" She turned to Ginny. "You know better than to take her side, Ginny."

'Do I? I didn't know that.'Ginny joked as she laughed at Jolly believing them.

Andy nudged Jolly, "We're only pulling your leg but we have family friends back home and they're supposed to have a banshee attached to them. Whenever someone is about to die she appears either as a young girl, a beautiful woman or a hag".

Andromeda shrugged and began to walk on.

Jolly glared amusedly at Ginny and then turned to Andy as she spoke. Jolly stopped and stared at her friend. Had she just heard her right. "Um, excuse me...what?!" she asked, rather blankly.

"A banshee" Andy said very matter of factly, since she had begun her research into werewolves, Andy had took to reading up about a whole host of different scary things. She had heard the banshee so many times growing up but never bothered with it, now she found that all these wierd and strange things fascinated her.

"Well there are some Irish families who have these women ghosts attached to them. Mine is supposed to be one as well. Though I used to have my head set on so loud I would never hear a thing. My uncle swore the night my father died that he heard a massive howling outside the house. He thought at first it was only a dog but when they heard the next day about my father, he was convinced it was a banshee."
Andromeda walked on some more, a piece of one of the books she had found fascinating that sometimes a banshee was the ghost of a woman who was murdered or who died in childbirth. Andy had thought immediately of her sister Callista and wondered if she had come that night to foretell her father's demise.

Ginny stared in wonder at andy's explanation. 'Andy, why are you reasearching all of this stuff now a days? You never use to take such an interest n my opinion.'Ginny asked suspiciously but still cheerfull. 'and sorry to hear about your father. it's worse when you know them i expect.'

"I guess this kind of stuff always interested me but never had the resources before to check them out and then when we started here everything was a bit mad you know" she smiled, then looking at Ginny said, " he was a great man."

She didn't trust herself to say anymore but walked on another bit.
"Ginny what exactly is down this way?"

Jolly listened to Andy with mild surprise. She was torn between feeling impressed and feeling sorry for Andy's father. "I never knew that," she said lowly, walking beside the two. When Ginny asked Andy suspiciously why she was taking an interest in such things, Jolly looked at Andy questioningly, wanting to know herself. Andy's answer was believable enough. Jolly smiled. "More than mad," she added, grinning.

Ginny heard Andy's answer but didn't really agre to it. She knew there had to be something more to it but still. She couldn't tell what it was. She heard andy ask her something. 'umm, i could say the truth and say there's just boring old walls that come to a dead end or i could make it more exciting and say there's a secret passage coming up and there's a ghosty person living somewhere up there,'ginny said, smiling.

ginny grinned. 'ff we go then.'she said enthusiasictly. 'you do know that i was exagerrating greatly there,'she confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back