Getting to know people

Collin Jin

"Romeo and Juliet, I'm done with this book!" Collin threw the muggle book to the floor. He had been spending too much time reading novel in his private library. He let out a big sigh and start hitting his head softly to the wall not knowing what to do. Collin then stood up as he walk towards the balcony, he could see his house elves working out side the garden. With that, he smiled. The cold breeze blew his face softly as he closed his eye feeling them as he breathe in the winter aroma.

An owl then came, it was from a friend of his from America "Surprised" He pretended to be surprise with the letters. He hadn't enjoy reading letters since he got too many of them lately when he left America. He threw the letter to the table of his as he walk leaving the library. He took a toothbrush from his bathroom and brush his teeth while he walk towards the wardrobe picking something to wear. He eyed on the corner of his wardrobe, his favorite grey shirt. He took it and put it on and wash his mouth to get rid of the awful toothpaste.

Collin walk downstair, leaving the mansion with his coat unbuttoned. He was walking towards the Brighstone Village, he had heard that children on his age often visit that place to buy school supplies. After several minutes walking, he had arrived in the Brighstone village. He walk with a smile on his face, he then stop as he lean against looking fine as he watch the crowd seeing if there would be anyone he could talk to.

Sapphire was sitting in sunny patch of Brightstone. The closer it came to the start of the new school year the colder it seemed to become. Winter was nipping at the trees and Sapphire was starting to suffer for it. Sapphire's medicen was so her chills could be controled but there was something about the winter sesson that made her shiver most of the time. In fact Sapphire seemed to be hidden under the collor of her blue and baige over coat. It was covering a pail blue hoddie and under that was white sweater. She looked up as she heard footsteps coming closer to where she had been sitting with a book in front of her face. Not Romio and Juliet because she didn't understand that book much. Love was something that was not tought at Bella-Donna Manor, well not in the traditional sence.

Sapphire was reading Monster Blood Tattoo: The Foundling for what seemed like the three millionth time. It was the small, kind, straingly potions skilled boy that Sapphire had chosen to name herself after at first. Bookchild had been her sirname for a few years until Jade and Jasper had grown used to her. Sapphire now took up another hobby of her's which was observing, her crystal blue eyes sharply taking in everything about the boy. From an innocent point of view the boy was a good looking though Sapphire had met others that where good looking as well and they had not regestered a blip on her hormon scale. Then again (her logical mind told her) that she was too young for such feelings and that she should notice even the looks of another being. After all looks where deciving. With her black curls fraimg Sapphire was sure that he wouldn't notice her sitting there and staring.

Collin eyed the crowds, seeing the people that came. Sometimes he would see a family, a loving parents that would hold their children's hand and walk together. He had envied those kind of family. He had wish that his life was like that but it would be a fairy tale for him if his will come true. He let out a big sigh as he eyed them with a smile on his face.

Collin made his way to the East where the sun rise. He then saw a girl with an odd book in her hand. He made his way towards her and sat beside her. "Hello" He greeted friendlily. "You know, perhaps these kind of books are available in the Bleak Street" He said randomly trying to find new friends. He never really get to spend time with quiet girls a lot, but since the choice was only either talking to a girl who reads odd books or stood still by himself. And talking to someone else would be so much better than standing all alone like a loner.

((Sorry it's taken me this long. crazy last few days))
Sapphire dropped her book as the boy came towards her. There had to be a reason for a boy like him to be walking towards her. He said something about her book and Sapphire looked at the cover. Did it really look like a dark arts book? Sapphire shook her head and started to sign. It's a muggle book. she said in sign language. She didn't know if the boy that was talking to her understood her but it was worth trying. There where many that understood her she found out. Even if they where not like her. She opened the book to one of the few pages that had a picture on it and she showed it to the boy. Rosamund, the boy with a girls name, was displayed there in all his fictional glory.

(OOC: NP xD )

Collin froze as he saw the girl was signing, perhaps she was handicap? He frowned as he look at the girl and he understood what she said. "What it is about? I've read a lot of muggle books" He tried to be friendly, he was feeling sorry for her that she couldn't speak. "What's your name?" He asked friendlily trying to cheer her up, well it's not like she was sad but he was just feeling sorry for her. "I'm Collin Jin" He smiled as he slid his hand and shake hers.

Sapphire wondered if she could explain something using just sign language. She had been using it for so long that she didn't see why not Sapphire looked at her book then started to moved her hands in the signs that she thought would get her point across the best.

The Foundling is about a boy that grows up in an orphanage but they don't call them orphanages in the book they call them Founlingrys. Madem Ospra's home for Foundling boys and girls is an ok place to grown up I guess but then comes your fifteenth birthday and Madem Ospra finds you someone that will Prentice you so you can work. A lot of the boys go into working in the sea in one way or another but Rosamund gets chosen to be a Lamplighter instead. At first he thinks that the trek is going to be short and boring but then the boat that he's on turns out to be the wrong one. Things keep happening from there and along the trip he meets Europa, a monster killer. He finally makes it to where he needs to go to train as a Lamplighter with a new understanding of what his job is going to be.

Sapphire hoped that she explained it as well as someone with a voice could but one could never tell with signs. She wondered if he was even listening too. There where many that didn't bother to listen to someone who couldn't make themselves heard that it was hard to get herself noticed and keep their interest on her. The only place where she ever felt special was the Mad Tea Party. Sapphire heard Collin introduce himself and smiled wide. She took his hand while signing. Sapphire Clow a pleasure.

Collin was slightly surprise when he heard the story, it was rare to find a girl who like those kind of stories. Most of them prefer princesses stories like his sister who had been treated like one in the family. But this one was different, perhaps she was the first girl that would open her conversation by showing him a book like this. "My favorite is Romeo and Juliet" He chuckle since he didn't want her to think that he wasn't straight for liking that book. "Have you read it? It's full of surprises" He smiled as he pictured the scene of it in his mind.

He then frowned as he look at Sapphire continued signing. "I know this isn't my business but... What happen till you have to sign?" Collin continue looking at her. He hadn't meet a handicap except her. But if she weren't a handicap maybe she had a childhood trauma? Well let's just wait for the answer of hers. "Sapphire Clow? That's a unique name. Do you know the meaning of it?" He smiled. He had loved learning about names but he couldn't remember all of them.

Princesses where flimsy. Sapphire preferred tails about girls and woman who where strong and depended on themselves. She very much doubted that Europa would take anyone forcing potions down her throat. Then again she had to take a lot of potions to keep herself regular after getting all those organs placed inside her. I don't understand that book. Why would someone kill themselves because another is dead? Sapphire signed frowning. She really couldn't understand. As close as Ruby and herself where Sapphire would still put her life before hers. If she would do that with family what could hope did anyone else have when they where both in danger.

Sapphire frowned again when he asked why she had to sign. She couldn't tell him the truth. That would scar Collen for life. No Sapphire would tell him the reason she told everyone who asked. I was playing in the kitchen when my little brother knocked over pot of boiling water and it landed all down my front. The burn was bad, the healers fixed me but they could not save my vocal cords. Sapphire signed. Since she didn't have a voice there was little way people could tell that she was lying. That and she had mastered this lie long before Collin asked her the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back