Getting Them Perfect

Taylor Mercer

OOC First Name
Taylor
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Just having been in the library, Taylor made her way down to the Dungeons, being told by a few people in the common room that the school had a dueling chamber. All her friends had already been for a practise down here, so no one else had wanted to go a second time. A little let down, Taylor had thought of a brilliant alternative. Reaching the dueling chamber, as she suspected no one was there. So instead, she pulled out a piece of parchment she had just wrote on up in the library. They needed to practise for DADA and sinse no one would practise with her, she would summon something she could aim at instead. She had found an extremely simple spell to summon a punching bag-like thing, to aim her spells at. It absorbed the spells into it, so she could still practise for DADA by herself.

Casting the spell, it worked like it had in the empty corridor on the way down here. She placed her bag and the parchment down against the wall and began casting the spells they had learnt at the dummy. Continuing with 'Stupefy's' and 'Expelliarmus's' wanting to get them absolutly perfect.

Sam had never been down to the Duelling chamber, he really wanted to but couldn't find his friends around anywhere. Probably busy with assignments. Sam had managed to catch up on all of his the night before, feeling a wave of relief over him this morning. He always procrastinated his lessons till the last minute.

The dueling chamber was empty except for on girl, Taylor. Sam smiled to himself. He watched her practise with...parchment? He laughed to himself then whispered "Accio wand" Just as he hoped her wand came streaming into his hand. He had manged to perfect that spell in the Hufflepuff common room, causing a little bit of havoc but nothing too severe. "You ought to be more careful" he winked and walked up to her to hand her, her wand. "You up for a proper duel...or do you just want to continue with your opponent here?" he laughed pointing at the parchment.

Taylor aimed another hex at the dummy and her wand disappeared before she could swish it. Glancing behind her, ready to use her fists if someone wanted to mess with her, she noticed a boy. It was hard to see in the darkness, but he stepped closer and Taylor recognised Sam. Shaking her head she took her wand back as he passed it to her. She frowned when he said she was practising with parchment. "No silly, i summoned a dummy." She pointed into the shadows where it was located. "You just cant see it well in this light." She grinned. "Im up for a duel, would be better for someone to aim spells at me as well." She nudged Sam lightly. "How have you been anyway?"

Sam laughed, "Right..well..yeah I'm up for a duel." Sam said happily. He hadn't done one before. "This is my first time at this though...so...don't be expecting miracles." Sam paused, "Yet!"

"I've been great actually how about you?" He hadn't seen Taylor since Halloween. Sam looked around the dueling chamber it looked awesome. Sam couldn't wait to try.

Taylor grinned. "Bring it on." She raised her eyebrows and walked a few steps back, before focusing her attention on Sam again, knowing he hadnt answered her question.

When he did Taylor smiled. "Ive been pretty good, nothing new to report though." She shrugged, it was true, nothing exciting happened to her, but that would all hopefully change within the year. "So, how much do you know?" She flicked her wand in her hands, focusing her attention on the peice of wood instead, so Sam would understand she meant about dueling.

Sam shrugged, "I know enough to beat your butt!" Sam grinned. "The basic spells, expelliarmus, Stupefy etc. and the counter spells to them." Sam wasn't one of those people who learned extra spells from books in the library. "What about you?" he asked her while pulling out his wand.

Taylor took in everything Sam said quickly and then raised her wand and shouted a "Stupefy!" Aiming it at Sam with a grin. "Yeah i know the basics too." She added, with a flourish of her wand. She had to check if Sam knew what she was casting before she did it. Didnt want to end up hurting him.

Sam wasn't expecting when Taylor shot Stupefy at him , he shouted "Prot--!" But it was too late he flew back onto the floor. Soon Sam got back up. "OKay when exactly did we say go?" He asked her with a slight grin. Sam backed further down from Taylor. Now he was ready. "Expelliarmus!" Sam shouted, doing a perfect flourish with his wand. Lets start this duel.

Taylor's eyes went wide and she ran towards Sam, only to note him climbing back up. She stopped halfway between the original distance between them, unsure what his reaction might be. "Sam, im so sorry, i didnt mean to." She fumbled through her words. She hadnt meant to do that at all! Sam spoke and a grin reached his face. "Sorry, i thought id be spontan-" She was cut off by a spell cast by Sam, not ready to cast Protego, she tried to jump out of the way of the spell, but it hit her arm, sending her wand flying across to land at Sam's feet. "Nice spell work." She grinned. "Sorry again." She furrowed her brow slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back