Getting the latest gossip

Ava Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Ava slept in quite late that morning. She had even missed breakfast, which was no big deal for her, she didn't have some massive apetite. She got dressed into a Grey dress with black leggings, and a black jacket, she wore a headscarf around her head. Ava grabbed one of her glossy magazines and decided to make use of the warm, sunny day outside. She passed by a few people in the corridors but not many which had to mean they were all outside. Ava rolled her eyes annoyed.

Besides knowing that so many people would be outside Ava contiued to walk to the gardens. They always seemed less busy than the lakefront, the lawn and the Quidditch Pitch which was always flocked with students. She noticed about six or seven people there, which was alright. She was expecting more. She found an empty bench beside many bushes of white roses and took a seat. Instantly the beautiful scent filled her nostrils and any hatred she had towards those around her were gone.

But they came shortly back after they started to play some sort of game. Ava pursed her glossed lips and turned her head away from them. She opened up her muggle magazine which was lying on her lap. It was her weakness. Celebrity muggles. She always found them interesting although the worst thing about the magazine was that the pictures didn't move. But no matter, it still had a lot of gossip in it. And that was all Ava wanted.

Daisy had gotten up quite early as usual, for her morning fly and jog around the lake. Noticing that the other girls in her dorm were still asleep, she'd made sure to be quiet so as not to annoy them. After her work out, she'd returned to the dorm to shower and do her hair, putting on a simple white sundress and sparkly flats with a matching headband. Deciding to go relax in the gardens for a bit, Daisy made her way up from the dungeons and down the hall towards the doors.

A smaller first year bumped into her, almost spilling their drink on her dress. Luckily, she leapt out of the way just in time. "Watch it!" she shrieked, towering over them. Rolling her eyes she continued down the hall, realising they weren't worth it. Daisy only fought with more evenly matched opponents, anything else was just too easy. And what was the point if it wasn't a challenge? Pushing open the heavy wooden doors in the Entrance Hall, Daisy strutted across the field, heading straight for the gardens. She was straight-set, never one to wander or dilly-dally through life. Everything was fast with her.

Noticing Ava, a girl from the same dorm, Daisy decided to go sit with her. "Ava, hey, mind if I sit?" she asked, although it was more an announcement than a question. She sat down beside her on the bench, and looked at the magazine the girl was reading. It surprised her to see that the pictures were still. She wasn't very familiar with the Muggle world, but Daisy presumed that this was from there. "Woah, is that a Muggle magazine?" she asked, reading a couple of the headlines.

Ava looked up, "Hi Daisy." Ava said with a smile. She didn't answer the question as Daisy sat down beside her. She had liked Daisy, they seemed to have a lot in common so she didn't mind her sitting down, interrupting her reading. Though she seemed shocked when she realised she was reading a muggle magazine. "Yeah it is. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff." She said in her usual sweet british tone. She hoped that Daisy wouldn't judge her, though she didn't care if she did. Ava didn't like muggles and believed that anyone closely related to a muggle didn'y belong to this school. But she had to admit some of them had proved themselves worthy enough. Some were stylish and quitte talented. She just pressumed they were wizards in disguise as muggles, at least she hoped the]color=ViolAva looked up, "Hi Daisy." Ava said with a smile. She didn't answer the question as Daisy sat down beside her. She had liked Daisy, they seemed to have a lot in common so she didn't mind her sitting down, interrupting her reading. Though she seemed shocked when she realised she was reading a muggle magazine. "Yeah it is. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff." She said in her usual sweet british tone. She hoped that Daisy wouldn't judge her, though she didn't care if she did. Ava didn't like muggles and believed that anyone closely related to a muggle didn'y belong to this school. But she had to admit some of them had proved themselves worthy enough. Some were stylish and quitte talented. She just pressumed they were wizards in disguise as muggles, at least she hoped they were.

"Oh cool.. I haven't seen many muggle magazines," Daisy said, still looking at the page. She didn't know who any of the celebrities were, but they seemed rather dramatic. "So.. so they don't move at all? Like.. at all?" she asked, raising an eyebrow slightly. It was like watching a black and white movie, if you've only ever seen colour ones. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just.. different. Unlike many other Slytherin's, Daisy had no problems with Muggles.. she didn't really see what everyone had against them. So they were a bit backward! As long as they looked cool.

Glancing around the garden, Daisy noticed Ava's outfit. "Ohhmg, I love your shoes!" she commented, wishing she could afford things like that. Living in the foster home, they didn't really get to buy anything, but Daisy either saved up money from odd jobs to buy things herself, or tried her hand at the sewing machine. The latter usually wasn't as successful, but she still had a pretty awesome wardrobe for an orphan.

'Oh cool'? She didn't mind? That was strange, for a Slytherin anyway."No they don't move. You get used to it after a while." She shrugged. "It just becomes second nature really..." she giggled.Ava was glad that Daisy didn't mind muggles, Ava had some muggle equpiment with her and she used to do muggle things at home like play tennis for example. She hoped more Slytherins were that understanding, but she doubted that there would be a lot...if any!

Ava smiled, "I know right!" She raised her right foot up and moved it around. "I got them in this boutique in the center of London. Let me tell you though, they were costly." She had forced her father to buy them for her, that she would wear them all the time. In fact this was the first time she wore them. "I love your dress.." Ava returned the compliment. "Where d'you get it..?" she asked though her eyes were still on the dress admiring it.

Daisy scrunched her nose as Ava explained that it becomes second nature to see still pictures. "Yeah, the pictures are easy enough to get used to.. but the stories, that's what confuses me," she laughed. "I mean.. who are these people? What are they famous for? The only Muggle things I know about is the sport, and that's it," she said, wondering if Ava was very familiar with the Muggle world.

When Ava asked about her dress, Daisy looked down at it, running her hands over the little heart patterns embroidered into it. "Oh, this? I made it.." she said, hoping that her new friend wouldn't think less of her. By the looks of it, she was very rich. So sitting next to Daisy, she probably made her look like even more of a pauper. But who knew, maybe Ava was more down-to-earth than she looked.

(( This is what the dress looks like, by the way :p ))

"Well some of them are sport athletes. Though not so much in this magazine. But..eh..this guy-" she pointed to a good looking young man with brown wavy hair- "he is quite a famous actor. And this girl she was in the film with him. I can expect her to become famous. Lets see.." she said flicking over a couple of pages until she stopped at one near the end. "Her. She has an amazing voice. They all love her back in London and well..." her polished finger slid across the page to an older woman, who had great style. "I don't really know why she's famous." She giggled and looked back at Daisy hoping she'd have a basic idea.

Ava had to hold her mouth from dropping,"Y-you made this?" She asked her shocked. Why couldn't she just buy a dress? Ava was silent, thoughts were running through her head. Was it a hobby? Or was it a money issue? Ava hoped it was the first one, her parents wouldn't like it if she was hanging around with a 'poor' person. They wouldn't be impressed at all. But Ava liked Daisy, she was the only person she actually got on with in Hogwarts, should she risk losing her friendship because of pride?

"Its nice." Ava said with a genuine smile. No. This time Ava wasn't going to be a shallow person. This was her one friend, one friend that she wasn't going to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back