Getting some 'fresh air'..

"I really loved Charms and Defense last year. I am hoping that this year will be just as amazing." Lily replied. She was trying to pull herself from her funk. She needed to push her homesickness back down inside and be her happy self again. Just then, there was a splashing in the lake. She looked up and in the last rays of sunlight, she could see the giant squid splashing around in the middle of the lake.

"Hey, do you see that? The squid seems to be having a blast out there!" she said pointing to the lake. Lily started laughing, glad for the distraction.

Blake looked over to where Lily was pointing, and he begun laughing. "I hate squid," he said still laughing. "I should soooo chuck you in!" he yelled jumping off the rock, he ran up to Lily and grabbed her hand pulling her down gently, pretending to throw her in. He laughed uncontrollably at her reaction.

"Mmm. I like to eat squid. Calamari is just yummy." Lily replied as Blake laughed. He then made like he was going to dump her in the water, pulling her off the rock where she was sitting.

"BLAKE! DON'T YOU DARE!!" she yelled as he was pulling her twords the water, laughing. When he stopped, she started laughing hard. They were close to the waters edge, so she decided that turn about was fair play. She started to push Blake into the water as a joke on him.

"Take that! Trying to push me in!" she cried laughing.

Blake was still laughing undontrollably as he felt Lily push him into the lake. He fell back and without thinking, he grabbed hold of Lily and pulled her in with him. He felt himself plunge in with Lily, and he quickly surfaced for air. "Oh crap, squid!" he shouted, his expresion changing completely.

As Lily realized Blake was really going in the lake, she tried to stop him from slipping in. Blake ended up pulling her in with him. Lily squeeled as she hit the water and came up sputtering. She hauled butt up onto the shore with Blake as he reminded her about the squid being out and about.

"Oh my goodness. That was so not what I intended! I'm sorry. Are you okay?" she asked laughing again.

Blake laughed at Lily's expression, "Thanks for that," he said showing no hint of sarcasm. "This has honestly been really fun, but seeing as we're both soaking wet, we should head up to our common rooms," he said getting up and offering his hand to help Lily up too.

Lily was soaking from head to toe. She took Blake's hand and stood up.

"Yeah, you are right. We should head back to our houses and get dried off before we end up in the Hospital Wing." she laughed. "This has been a blast. I am glad that we did this. We should get together again sometime soon."

Lily realized how cold it was outside when she started shivering as they started walking up to the castle.

Blake walked beside Lily, keeping the pace. "Yeah, we should definitely do this again," he said smiling widely, his cheeks flushing. He was thankful that it was too dark for Lily to notice. "You mentioned before that we should go flying on the pitch together, so why not tomorrow?" he asked her happily, looking down at his feet.

Lily blushed as Blake mentioned going flying on the pitch. She was glad, she really wanted to see him again.

"Yeah, I think that would be fun. I need to fly before tryouts and make sure that I am used to the Streak. What time do you want to meet up?"

"Great!" Blake said a little too enthusiastically. "Um... what about two in the evening? I'll meet you on the pitch?"

"Umm... Hi Emily, I'm Blake and this is my friend Lily," he said smiling politely at the girl. "We were uh... actually heading up now so..." he said trying not to be rude.

"Two sounds great!" Lily replied smiling. She was very glad for the lack of good lighting, so Blake did not see her blush as well. Lily noticed the girl that came up to them to introduce herself.

"Hi Emily. I'm Lily. I don't mean to run off either, but I am freezing after falling into the lake. I really need to change clothes." she said with a giggle and shaking the girls outstretched hand. "Maybe I can chat with you again soon and get to know you?"

"We'll catch you later then Emily," Blake said smiling at her. "Anyway, I'm going to head up now... So I'll see you on the pitch tomorrow?" Blake said turning back to Lily.

((tomorrow counts as today right? anyway i'll start the thread.. :D ))

"Yes. I will meet you on the pitch. Bring your broom and your A game!" she said with a giggle. "Bye Emily!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back