Getting some 'fresh air'..

Blake Zepline

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Blake led Lily down to the lake side, still wondering why Veronica and Troy had decided to stay behind. Maybe they had something going on... Blake thought, but shaked it off as soon as the thought had occured, Nah, Troy deffinitely has the hots for Kailey, he thought again, snickering to himself. "So Lily, why'd you come to Hogwarts NZ, instead of Hogwarts England?" he asked just to break the silence.

Lily walked alongside of Blake, still wondering what was up with Veronica and Troy. It looked like Troy wanted to come with, but that Veronica had something up her sleeve with leaving them alone. Odd, she thought.

"Well, I actually was sent a letter to come here instead of England. I learned that because of the newness of the school, they were picking more from the States than England was. My parents were just so excited that I was going that they really didn't care where I went." she replied smiling. "Since you are from New Zealand, was there any question about England for you?"

"Well, my parents are England born, and my mother originally works for the Ministry of Magic in England but was assigned to work for the Ministry here about thirteen years ago," he said staring at the ground, with his hands stuffed in his pockets. "I was supposed to recieve a letter from Hogwarts in England, but because of my mother's current position, they decided it was better if i stayed here," he explained, they being his mother mainly.

"Actually, that kinda makes sense." Lily replied to Blake's explanation. "Are you planning on trying out for the quidditch teams? I heard we are going to try to do house ones this year." she asked smiling. She loved to play quidditch and was on one of the club teams they had formed last year when there were not enough people interested in playing.

"Quidditch? I live for Quidditch," Blake exclaimed. "I just love that flying sensation you get, where ever you are. Well i will definitely be trying out, but hoesntly i haven't made up my mind as to which position i'd like. I guess that falls on which positions will be available," he said getting excited about Quidditch already. "You play?" he asked Lily.

Lily could hear the excitement in Blake's voice as he spoke about quidditch.

"I know that feeling very well! I had not heard of quidditch before getting here, but I learned fast. I am a chaser on the Opaleye Assault. Last year we only had two club teams because there was not enough interest. I made the cut during the first round of tryouts. We should go flying on the pitch sometime, once the first years are cleared to be flying that is." She smiled as she spoke. She loved to fly and was a natural at it.

"Well then you must be a very talented witch!" he said politely. "We should definitely go flying on the pitch sometime," he said happily.

Lily blushed at the compliment.

"I have always been a fast learner. And I really feel like I have found where I belong here. I always felt a little odd back home. Never really understood why until I got here." she said with a giggle. She sobered though before adding, "I wish I had more talent though. We might have won our only game. I ended up getting blocked in my one shot on the goal."

"Of course you belong here," he said only trying to be truthful. "And don't feel bad about that game, I watched you and you were good! Besides, it was a teamwork thing, so don't blame yourself," he added trying to be nice.

"Thanks." Lily replied. She walked along, looking down for a few steps. "So what kind of broom do you have?"

"Actually at home i had a Cleansweep," he said laughing a little. "But i only recently bought myself an Emerald Streak," he added. "What about you?"

"I just sold my Firebolt that I bought last year and got a Scarlet Streak. It went well with our uniforms. I may talk to Professor King about trading it for Saphire if we have house teams. I kinda like matching my uniform." she said, realizing how girly that made her sound. "But I haven't decided if I want to do that for sure. I really am getting to like my broom. Do you have a team you follow?"

"Well in my case, green is one of my favorite colours, coincidental isn't it, that I happen to get sorted into Slytherin," he said looking down at his uniform. "Now you can't laugh," he said pausing before he asnwered her question. "But I'm honestly a big fan of the Holyhead Harpies," he said blushing a little, realising how dorky it was for a guy to favor an all girls team. He started laughing at the awkwardness of that, finding it rather amusing now.

Lily smiled. This guy has some potential, supporting an all girls team. "I won't laugh. I think that is very cool that you like the Harpies. I really haven't found one to really be on board with yet. I do like the Harpies though, and I have learned not to root for the Chudley Cannons!" she added with a laugh. "So, what made you root for the Harpies?"

"Honestly, I have no idea," Blake replied, now questioning himself about why he did like the Holyhead Harpies. "The Chudley Cannons," Blake said poking his tongue out in dislike. "I don't like that name, Chudley Cannons, sounds idiotic to me," he said with a sarcastic smile. "So, you're a Chaser huh?"

"Yeah. I really love to play chaser. I also tried out for seeker last year, but I don't think I would want to change. It is so fun to chase after the quaffle and try to make goals." she replied, her face lighting up. She really loved to play quidditch and loved to talk about it almost as much as playing.

"So what kind of music do you listen to?" she asked. Lily loved to play music in her room and was always checking out new songs and bands.

"Well, good, you should stay chaser since you're really good at it, and you seem to like chasing quaffles," he said truthfully. "Music? Well to tell you the truth, I'm very much into muggle music," he said smiling brightly, he'd never told anyone that before, and it was nice to share something different with someone knew. "I like rock in general, never been much of an R&B fan or Rap and that," he said kicking a stone with his left foot. "But my favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Weird isn't it? The names muggles come up with," he said snickering a little at the name. "What about yourself? What music are you into?"

"The Chili Peppers? I kinda like them. Not my number one favorite, but they are good. Especially the old stuff. My parents have some of their cds from the late 80s." she replied. "I really am not a huge fan of their newest stuff. I am more of a pop rock kinda girl. I have been getting into alot of rap & r&b along with country." Lily giggled. "My friends in the States tend to think that I have the most random collection of music. I seem to have a little of everything. Once I bought a Metallica cd, Kanye West cd and a Tim McGraw cd all at the same time. I still hear about that one!"

"Metallica?" Blake asked looking at Lily with a rather perplexed look on his face. "Okay you definitely have odd taste in music," he laughed, "I hate Metallica, I'm not much of a metal person." Blake sent another pebble skidding away, staring down at his feet. He was glad Lily agreed to walk with him. Looking up at the sky, he could see it was getting dark. The sun was setting, and the lake reflected the orange tinge from the sky. "It looks great out huh," he said stopping to take in the view.

Lily looked at the sky. It was a beautiful orangy pink color. The sun was setting over the lake and the reflection of the sky made the lake look as though it was flaming. She stopped next to Blake when he did and took in the view.

"Wow. It really is beautiful. I love the colors. Kinda makes me wish I had a camera." she replied. The colors were changing by the minute. They were becoming more and more amazing. "I love watching the sun set over water. Reminds me of home. We live on a lake back in Wisconsin."

"You know, I was just wishing I had a camera too," he said looking back at her. "Yeah it really is beautiful," he said turning his head back and looking at the lake in amusement. "Wow, I would kill for a view like this at home," he said smiling. "Christchurch is always cold, so it's good to be here."

"Usually the best colors come when the sunset is cooler at home. We live right on the lake and it gets kinda chilly when the sun is setting and we are sitting out on the deck. Usually Dad starts a fire in the fireplace and we sit out there on summer nights making s'mores and playing games." she replied wistfully, thinking of her nights at home with her family. Lily spotted a huge rock and decided to go and sit on top of it. She wasn't sure what Blake would do, but there was plenty of room for him to sit next to her.

"That sounds... really cool," he said thinking of how home was so different for him. "Well, it's always just me and my mother at home, but she's never usually around. She works a lot," he added in explanation. He walked over to the rock where Lily was sitting and sat don next to her, bringing his legs up, he folded them casually and rested his chin in his right palm.

"That kinda sucks that your mom is working so much." Lily said, kinda sadly. She missed her family and talking about them was bringing those feelings up to the surface again. She stared off over the lake at the last of the color in the sky, one tear slipping down her face.

"I miss being home. I stayed here over the summer since we couldn't afford a plane ticket home and I can't exactly apperate yet."

She stared straight ahead, her knees up to her chin and her arms around her legs. I hope that he didn't notice that. I don't want him to think I am a baby about being so far from home.

"Anyways, so what do you think is going to be your favorite subject?" she asked, almost a little to cheery to cover her homesickness.

Blake saw a tear fall and quickly looked away, he didn't know what to say. So he sat in silence for a moment. "You know..." he began quitely, "I haven't cried in two years." Blake felt his eyes begin to melt, but held it and quickly brushed off the subject of home.
"Favorite subject? Most definitely Charms or Defense Against the Dark Arts," he said pulling himself together, feeling idiotic for almost crying himself, he quitely begun laughing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back