OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
As of late Kat had been packing up early and ducking out of class as soon as they were dismissed. She didn't want to talk to Chace for fear of what she might say or what he might tell her. She had started to walk off towards the castle, but thought better of it as she figured everyone else in class would head back that way and so far avoidance had been her best weapon so to speak. Instead Kat adjusted her school bag over her shoulder and decided to take a walk across the school grounds.

It was a nice sunny day and pleasantly warm. Kat took off her robe and spread it out on the ground to sit on then laid back to look up at the sky. She tried to find shapes in the clouds like she did when she was little, but that quickly lost its appeal and so she simply shut her eyes and let the sun shine down on her...clearing her mind completely and just listening to the nature around her.

Chace had not been feeling particularly chipper lately. His insides contorted with guilt every time he recalled the night in the dungeons with the Gryffindor third year. He had no attraction to Andy, yet he had kissed her all the same. The Slytherin fourth year was a complete mess of hormones and confusion. He blamed the small incident on adrenaline rush, although he was beginning to wonder if there had been more factors involved. All he knew was that he was never going to go through any sketchy looking doors again. His days of adventuring and challenging his own fear were over.

What he couldn't figure out was why Kat was avoiding him. Their relationship was in an awkward position, but he had thought that it was a good thing. Now, the girl couldn't even bring herself to look at him. The fifteen year old boy had attempted to talk to her, but she was out of class and gone before he could even dream of catching up.

His surprise was not small as he saw her, sitting on the lawn. The boy remembered the day that they had first met. She had been friendly then, but now, she seemed cold and distant. He missed talking to Kat, and hoped that whatever problem there was, he could fix it.

He approached her slowly, knowing that she would have a harder time getting away than if she had been standing. Wanting at least some sort of explanation for her odd behavior, he decided to tread carefully. "Hey, Kat," he greeted, a light smile striking his lips. He hated how formal his greeting seemed, but it would have to do for now.

Just as some sort of peace finally washed over her Kat heard the rustling of footsteps in the grass, but she didn't bother looking up to see who it was as lots of students were probably out and about on such a nice day. Then she heard an all too familiar voice greet her. She thought about just lying there and pretending that she hadn't heard anything, but that would be a little childish of her. Instead she went with the next best solution, though it too was still a little childish. Kat opened her eyes and got up from the ground, grabbing her robe and bag then she turned and looked at Chace. Big mistake she thought to herself as she felt the lump in her throat grow. She swallowed it back then breathed in as deeply as she could and then exhaled slowly to keep from crying. Her nostrils flared slightly with irritation towards Chace as well as herself and she desperately wanted to yell at him. Without one word she turned the other direction and began to walk off.

Chace's heart seemed to sink into his stomach as Kat turned about, the look she gave him incredibly far from friendly. Normally he would have let her walk off and be angry at him, but he needed a reason. He would let Kat hate him- he just had to know the reason why first. The Slytherin couldn't imagine what he had done to make the girl feel this way, as if she had to run from him at every turn.

"Kat," he said croakily, "What have I done to you? I can't even get near to you to say hi." His trademark smirk was gone, his uncertainty blatant- he really had no idea what was causing the Gryffindor girl such trouble. And he knew that it was his fault.

Kat stopped dead in her tracks when he said her name. She clenched her fists together and turned to face him, her usually pleasant blue eyes full of fury. Nostrils flared she sucked in a sharp breath and glared daggers at the Slytherin. "You know good and well what you've done. Did you honestly think I wouldn't find out?" Kat snapped heatedly wanting desperately to throw something at Chace and knock him right in the head. He certainly was playing stupid which just pissed Kat off even more.

Chace's hazel eyes narrowed in confusion. "What in the world are you talking about?" he asked, flinching a bit. The Gryffindor meant business- the Slytherin knew that keeping his distance would be the best course of action. He was absolutely dumbfounded, picking through his mind to figure out what Kat was accusing him. He couldn't think of anything that would put him in jeopardy- unless breathing the same air as Kat counted.

Kat narrowed her eyes at the Slytherin. She was fuming mad now, but honestly felt like crying...which is exactly what happened. Her face was red as fire and a few tears streamed from her blue eyes down her cheeks. Wiping them away quickly Kat said nastily, "Dungeons? Kiss? Ringing any bells? She's my roommate Chace...did you honestly think I wouldn't find out?" She stuck her hand behind her where she had tucked her wand in the waistband of her skirt and tightly grasped the handle. For his own sake Chace better hope he thought up a decent excuse.

Chace's lip pursed as he looked back to Kat, his brow furrowing. Damn that Andromeda! He hadn't known what had taken ahold of him that other night- but he had sworn to himself time and time again that it had just been an adrenaline rush. That was it. He was just a teenage boy, and his hormones had taken control- right? The Slytherin had been just as eager to bury the whole thing, and did not like that it had been unearthed.

Swallowing hard, Chace took in Kat's response. He really did feel like a complete prick for making her cry- and for even following Andy in the Dungeons at all. After a few moments of silence, he replied softly, "It's not what you think." He knew that his excuse was as pathetic and old as the hills, but what was he supposed to say? Blame the heat of the moment? That would come out just as badly, if even worse.

Kat clenched her hand even tighter around the handle of her wand and slowly brought it out to hang by her side. "That's bull and you know it," she seethed, tears coming in a steady stream now. She didn't know which emotion was stronger right now...anger or hurt. At first she felt like hexing the crap out of Chace, but now it felt like her heart was literally breaking. Kat had liked him a lot and now she didn't know how she felt. "I don't know why I even care...it's not like we were together, but I thought...I don't know what I thought. I guess it doesn't matter now," she mused out loud lost in her own thoughts. This sucked really bad and she just wanted to lock herself in her dorm until time to go home. Kat looked the Slytherin dead in the eyes and asked pitifully, "Just...just tell me why?"

Chace's green eyes fell on the wand that Kat grasped beside her. The Slytherin boy knew that this situation could get messy, but oddly he didn't keep on his guard. Guilt took hold of him, penetrating his soft exterior and creeping into his facial features. His lip quivered as he looked back to her. With a deep sigh, he said, "I honestly don't know why I did it. It just- happened." Did he deserve to even be in Kat's presence? Definitely not. She had been nothing but good to him, and he had repayed her by stabbing her in the back. After a moment he added, "Just to let you know- I don't like Andromeda." His Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he looked back to her. "I don't know why," he repeated, knowing that his excuse was incredibly pathetic and weak.

Her body felt like spaghetti. She just went limp all over and broke down. Placing her wand back in her waistband Kat looked back at Chace. Her usually bright blue eyes were now a stormy bluish gray. Snubbing a bit she said quietly, "Would you have ever told me? Or would you have just always hoped that I wouldn't find out? Please just tell me the truth." Kat would have been lying if she said she wasn't relieved to know that the Slytherin felt nothing for her friend, but it still didn't make any of this any easier to handle. There was so much she wanted to say to him, but at this moment it all escaped her. Kat looked at the boy dead on, her face tear stained and her eyes full of hurt.

Chace wanted to crawl up in a ball and die. His mind throbbed with anger- but anger that was directed at himself, not Kat. The Slytherin boy looked back to the Gryffindor. Were the serpent and the lioness ever meant to be? Well, the serpent definitely did not deserve the lioness, that was for sure.

Meeting Kat's gaze, Chace thought he could hear his heart breaking. "I hoped you wouldn't find out." There was no use in lying- Kat deserved the truth, and right now, the truth was all that Chace had. "I was too- ashamed. Am still ashamed." He closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to look back at Kat- he couldn't bear any more of her tears. He wanted to reach up and wipe them off of her face, apologize a hundred times over, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Apologies were weak- but the fifteen year old boy was too defeated to give Kat anything more.

"I'm sorry."

So she really was never meant to find out. Kat wasn't sure how she felt about that. On one hand it seemed like he was trying to lie and hide something from her, but on the other hand it seemed like he was trying to spare her feelings and forget about it. Kat was torn as to what to do. Part of her wanted to tell him to piss off and completely forget she had ever met him, but the part of her wanted to forgive him and have things go back to normal. Truth be told things just couldn't go back to normal...if there in fact had ever been such a thing. Kat just looked at Chace, trying to decide what to do. She could tell he was sorry...that much she couldn't deny. "I know you are," she muttered and then added, "I can't just forgive and forget Chace, but I can't just not have you in my life. Don't get me wrong I'm still pissed off at you and probably will be for a while." She had the answers she had been looking for and she figured it was time to grow up a little bit and get over it. She couldn't very well ignore him for their remaining years here as it was damned near impossible even in a school as big as Hogwarts.

Chace wasn't expecting any mercy from Kat. Merlin knew he didn't deserve it. He could only nod at Kat as he listened to what she had to say. The Slytherin boy wasn't all that prepared for this awkwardness around Kat- but he would have to get through it if he had any hope of mending things. "I wouldn't expect any less," he replied, "I truly, truly am sorry. Do you want me to leave now?"

The rest of this school year was going to be painful for him- but he had to reap the problems he had sown. He shifted where he stood, crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't want to make Kat any more uncomfortable than she already was.

Kat stood there quietly for a moment, tears still streaming down her now red face. All she wanted at this point was to go up to her room and take a nap and try to forget all about this. Easier said than done of course. Shaking her head slowly she said, "You don't have to. I'm going to my room now anyways. Got some things I need to work on." Kat chanced a last look at Chace which was definitely not the best idea in the world because then her already fragile heart broke all over again. Her nostrils flared and she swallowed back a lump to keep from crying more, but it was no use. She turned from him and that's when she broke down. Kat took off for the castle as fast as her legs would carry her, tears pouring in a steady stream the whole way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back