OOC First Name
Annabelle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Amy was looking forward to this coming school year, and decided to celebrate by beginning her studies. She came into the library and found a quiet spot by herself. She opened her book and started taking notes. She wanted to be as prepared as possible for this year. Her first year had been a whirlwind, but she had still managed to do well in all of her exams and lessons. Second year, already? How did it go so quickly?! She shook her head. She was getting distracted.

Corey supposed that he really should start to face the music so to speak. He was attending a school, so he probably should have acknowledged early on that if he wanted to pass his subjects, it meant that he would have to put in some effort to actually study. And there was no better time than the present he supposed. Misa and Feli were both ahead in Herbology and Potions this year, and Jai liked DaDA enough so he supposed that he would try and study up on Transfiguration early. He even dragged himself to the Library! Merlin he was proud of himself for this. He sat down, opened his book and stared at the text in front of him. And stared. And stared. And stared. Before he slammed it closed and let his head drop on top of it. He groaned. Yep, this was not working out.

Amy looked up when she heard someone slam a book close and a head hitting something. Hmm, that didn't sound good. She got up, since she couldn't see anyone in her aisle, and walked into the next one. There sat a poor first year, head on the book in front of them. She went up to them, thinking about how she would've loved help the year before."Hi," she said."Um, I heard you from the next aisle over. Do you need some help?" She felt kind of bad, since she knew how overwhelming everything felt."What subject are you studying?"

Corey looked at the newcomer that approached him although stayed as he was. This was hopeless. He wanted to go out and play football. Or swim in the lake. Or make a mess in the Kitchens with the twins. Anything but study. "Sorry," the boy grimaced at finding out that he had been heard all the way down at the next aisle. It was a miracle the librarian hadn't come to throw him out yet. "I need a miracle. I hate studying," he said as he continued to remain still, his eyes following the girl. "I was trying to study some Transfiguration."

Amy smiled gently."I can help if you want. You're a first year, right?" She tried to recall some things from her first year."I'm sure I have some notes somewhere from last year." She hoped she'd kept them."I take it you don't like studying?" she asked. She knew that some people didn't enjoy it, she had her moments where she didn't.

"Help would be great I think," Corey said as he finally lifted his head and sat properly. "And yes, I am. I know classes aren't exactly doing much yet, but my cousin and his sisters are all advanced in some of their classes," he said with a grimace as he admitted to himself that he was probably and likely behind in all of his classes except Flying. And that was saying something considering that he is not a muggleborn. He just really didn't like to study, the girl really hit the nail on the head on the first try. "Nope. Not at all. I'd rather be outside right now, it is such a nice day too," he groaned as he once more dropped his head on the table.

Amy sat down and put her books down."I know the feeling. Sometimes studying outside is nice, but you might get distracted easily. I mean, if you're having trouble now, sometimes it's better inside." She thought for a moment."Usually the classes are pretty good, but it does make it difficult if you're behind. What are you struggling with? Theory or practical?" She knew that she struggled with a clear image of what she was transfiguring in her head. She'd get too excited and lose the image.

A pout. Corey would deny it of course, but it was definitely a pout that had settled on his features after the girl had told him that he really should study inside considering that outside would be very distracting. She's really not wrong there. After all, he was already distracted by the outside when he was most definitely inside the castle. It was definitely no stretch to think how incapable he would be with studying if he set one foot outside. "I'm not even sure. I think I'm pretty good with practical stuff, I just don't like the reading that I have to do. Or the paying attention in class part," he admitted rather sheepishly.

Amy nodded."It's okay, it just takes practice. You'll get better with it." She agreed with paying attention in class."Do you take notes in class? I always find that makes me pay more attention, especially in a boring class." Boring classes were her least favourite. Another problem was focusing in classes she didn't enjoy."And you can always ask the professors for help." She had never asked any of the professors for help, but that was only because she preferred figuring things out by herself.

Corey's nose scrunched up at the thought of always studying. Certainly not very pleasant but he nodded nonetheless before shaking his head at the topic of notes. Nope. He most certainly did not have any. Well, anything close resembling to it anyways. Most of what he had were doodles. He didn't really think those counted as notes. They weren't even very good doodles if he was being honest, he preferred Artemisa's doodles a lot more. He'd been practicing though. His doodles. He cringed further at the thought of approaching a professor. "Nope, nope. Definitely not," he said as he crossed his arms in front of him and made an 'X' as if warding away the thought. He definitely did not like asking professors. Or teachers in general really. He'd just have to settle for getting lessons from his cousin and the Raven twins. And maybe this girl too, that he did not even know the name of! "I'm Corey by the way. I realized I hadn't caught your name yet," he said with a smile.

Amy laughed at his reaction to mentioning the professors."I've never asked them, but my siblings used to." She hadn't realised she hadn't introduced herself."Oh, I'm Amy. Nice to meet you, Corey!" She enjoyed meeting new people, and Corey seemed nice. Maybe not as into studying as she was, but she knew it wasn't for everyone."Well, where would you like to start?" Amy had a look through her bag, hoping to find something that could help.

Corey still huffed at the thought of asking professors. They were scary beings. Almost alien. Why would anyone want to ask things? It was scary how much they knew about stuff. How could they know that much about stuff? Corey could barely fit a day's worth of lessons in his head within a week. He just didn't like studying at all. It really was a miracle that people were so willing to help him otherwise he'd be completely lost. "Well, I was kinda hoping to get some Transfiguration down. Just the basics for now, I was trying to study up on the," the Hufflepuff paused, already having forgotten what he was studying earlier. Corey frowned as he tried to remember but figured that it had already slipped his mind after he had decided that studying was hopeless. Opening the book once more and reading through where he left off, he finally remembered what he was apparently studying. "Types of transfiguration, apparently," he shrugged at his own type of goofiness.

Amy laughed. She understood how difficult it was to concentrate when you wanted to do something else."I'll tell you what," she said, pulling out her Transfiguration notes."I'll see where you're up to, and maybe I can help. What types do you know of?" Transfiguration wasn't her number one favourite subject, but it was near the top. It was super interesting, so she had plently of notes. Hopefully, she could find the right ones Corey needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back