Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
(Set Week 4 of S1 Y33)
Leda could feel it. Feel it in her bones that luck was most definitely on her side since her Potions class. After taking Felix Felicis in Professor Mowry's lesson, she was definitely going to make good use of her fortune. The young Slytherin still needed to make her mark on the Hogwarts Monthly, and hoping to get something worth while, she wanted to use her luck towards finding out some information she may otherwise not have had revealed. Of course she had a few sources that she would attempt to pull, but first on the list was someone from her own class. After picking up her bag, she caught up quickly with the blonde, not yet sure of how this was going to go, but feeling as though she could do anything given the situation.
"Hey, Shane?!" She called out, picking up speed in order to chase down the Hufflepuff. Leda hadn't spoken to any of her classmates all semester, and this one least of all. She was pretty sure she'd managed to pick up the right name though, The fifth year loved to listen. Observe too. That afternoon something hadn't seemed quite right about the guy. She flashed him her most friendly smile, one that was often saved for Mervyn, in the hopes that he would stop and talk to her. She had very few friends, a choice that she made herself willingly, but today she decided she needed to at least attempt to get one more on the list.

Shane was not in a particularly good mood following the potions lesson, he’d headed out of the class around the same time as most others and could just feel his frustration from the lesson building. He didn’t understand why these people were so willing to just drink some liquid luck as if it wasn’t completely dangerous. It had certainly put Shane on edge, but perhaps other people just wanted to be out of their minds with something. Even if liquid luck was likely itself quite harmless, all it had to start as was that, surely down the line if taken enough it would be rather harmful, it had to be. Shane had intended to head back to the dorm room, or at least spend some time marching around the school attempting to sort out his thoughts when he was stopped but someone yelling out his name. He stopped and looked around to her, ”Oh hey, Leda right?” she was giving him a friendly smile and he forced a flirty smile on to his expression, he could flirt, he could manage that, ”Do you need something?” Shane asked with a little raised eyebrow, if she was stopping him then surely it meant she wanted something and he was willing to flirt with her over it, that would help him get beyond how he was feeling, the mess inside his mind could be eased if he could flirt a little.

Leda, was not good at flirting. She hadn’t really ever attempted to properly, given that she’d never really had the desire to, but even if she did she wouldn’t even know where to begin. Today however she was more relaxed than usual, trusting in the potion she’d just taken to guide her wherever she needed to go, and do whatever she had to. As soon as the Hufflepuff raised his eyebrow at her, she faulted just slightly. Had the potion effected him too? No, she was quite sure in what she’d seen, Shane hadn’t taken it at all. Perhaps this would be easier than imagined after all.
As she caught up to his side, her eyes never left his in an attempt to seem approachable. “Well obviously! I wanted to talk to you!” She mused, elbowing him in the side, her own hand still clutching the strap of her bag that hung over her shoulder, heavy with books. “I figured you know. You haven’t really been around all that long. Perhaps a new friend wouldn’t hurt?” She questioned, her own eyebrows raising this time. This would have been so much easier if it was Mervyn or Zennon, although she could hardly put to use any information she got from them, they were on her level.

Shane was a little surprised when she said she wanted to talk to him, he didn’t know her particularly well, had never flirted with her and as far as he was aware had never flirted with any of her friends. But he pushed the surprise down and gave her a little smile, a smile which almost seemed to boast to know why she’d want to speak to him. However the statement that followed did make him momentarily think otherwise, after all, he thought it was pretty apparent by his lack of friends that Shane just didn’t really do friends. ”Oh really? You want to be my friend and just my friend?” he gave a little smirk as he spoke, clearly implying that he would rather be something other than friends. There was a firm flirty look in his face as he glanced at her, looking from the red hair, to her eyes and looking towards her lips. ”I’m flattered Leda, really,” he added letting the light tone infuse his words, ”But you know, you don’t need liquid courage to talk to me,” Shane’s gaze remained dancing between her gaze and her lips. He’d never turn down an opportunity to flirt and with so much on his mind from the lesson he didn’t mind, but he knew that she was acting somewhat under the influence of the liquid luck, so perhaps that gave her the courage to finally come flirt with him, but he didn’t think he was that daunting, and it felt almost right to make a little joke of it.

Leda may have been under the influence of liquid luck, but that didn't mean she wasn't out of her comfort zone as Shane was making no attempt to hide the fact he was checking her out. Just a friend? What was the alternative? Not wanting to give up so soon on finding out this guys stories, the fifth year did her best to go along with it. "Well, is that what you want?" she asked, trying to imagine herself as Sapphire or someone else who seemed to be particularly confident in this regard. "I'm not.. I'm not talking to you because of that," she replied, doing her best to try and hide the fact that was the only reason she was here right now. Her eyes darted between his, letting the tension between them move to whatever level it needed to be to get him to open up to her. She followed up with a soft smile, still not releasing her gaze despite the overwhelming amount of nausea in her stomach. "So, what do I need?" she pressed on, hoping that above all this would all somehow be worth it. She just had to trust her gut instincts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back