Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Knotted 9 1/2 Inch Whippy Acacia Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Brevity was beyond angry. She had never wanted to go to an actual school, there was quite literally nothing that this place could teach her. All it would do was assign her pointless grades in a system that rewards exams and not real brains. She was beyond angry that her parents had applied on her behalf and shoved her on to the train. Her father had physically lifted her on to the train as she screamed. But here she was, at the stupid school, trying to find the stupid library. Brevity missed her old friends, the ones in Perth and the ones even in Dunedin, messing around with them had always been good, and she just wanted that back, but no, she had to be here.

Brevity had refused to wear her uniform so far. She was wearing a white oversized crop top and a skirt with tights. She was wearing trainers, and she'd done her make up all messy. Brevity was, however, lost. She was definitely not on the right floor for it, and spotted a girl leaving, what must be another dorm. “Hey,” she shouted, moving over to the girl. “Can you tell me where the library is?”

Maisie was humming, her latest collection of crystals in her bag. She was planning on going out to the lake, to cleanse and sort them, when she heard someone yell at her. She turned, still smiling. "Oh, hi!" She greeted easily, skipping over. "Sure! It's right this way," She motioned to the girl to follow her before starting to skip along. "I like your clothes! I'm Maisie," She introduced. She was wearing a pair of short overalls with one of the straps undone and a soft pink tshirt under it, her heair just up in a messy ponytail.

Brevity gave the girl she'd called upon a look as she began skipping in the direction that Brevity needed to go, leading her away from where she'd come. “Thanks,” she replied a little tightly, most of the time her dad would shout at her for her clothes. “I'm Brevity,” she replied, holding her hand out to the girl, and taking a moment to look Maisie over, she was dressed….well it was nice, but Brevity wouldn't be caught dead in it. “How old are you?” she asked a little bluntly.

Maisie's eyes lit up. "Oh, your name is really great!" She told the girl with a happy giggle. "I love it! Brevity," She repeated. "You must be a really interesting person!" She decided, nodding. "Can we have lunch together? I'd love to get to know you," She looked to the other girl, her eyes sparkling. "I'm fifteen, how old are you?"

Brevity rolled her eyes a little at Maisie's reaction to her name. “My name is stupid,” she told her, “Brevity,” she rolled her eyes at her own name. But she did think she was rather interesting. Maisie, Brevity, was unsure about. She seemed nice, and Brevity was brand new to the place, so it might be useful to have a friend. “Sure, but we're stopping at the library, I didn't know I was coming here, so I don't have any books,” she said, barely hidden anger in her tone at what she said. It took Brevity a bit by, surprised that Maisie was her age. “Also fifteen, you seem younger?” Brevity told her honestly.

Maisie giggled, shaking her head. "Well, I think Brevity is unique," She offered. "Ooh, sure! I can help you get all your books? Or, what classes are you taking, we could share mine?" She offered, chattering a little bit. She giggled again as Brevity told her she looked young. "Oh, sure, I'm a little short. But it's okay, I'll hit a growth spurt in the next year or two, then I'll look really grown up!" She nodded as if she was sure of it.

Brevity couldn't deny that her name was unique. She had always known that, and it didn't make the name great. Just unique and stupid. “I'm just doing some core ones with care of magical creatures on top of charms, potions, DADA, that sort of thing, and sure, we can share. I won't need them often,” Brevity told her. She didn't really think she'd need the books, and she wasn't going to spend a lot of time actually revising. It really struck her as odd that Maisie was her age, yes a little short...but that wasn't it. She seemed more innocent. “Sure, I'm sure you will,” she replied, though she didn't think it. “I do still need to know where the library is, so can you tell me which floor, and I'll find my way back to it after we've had lunch,”

Maisie smiled, pleased that Brevity agreed with her. "Sure, I have all of those!" She giggled a little. "Oh, it's right there," She nodded to the library as they approached it. "Do you still want to go in? We can," she offered, brushing some of the wild hair back from her face only for it to fall forward again.

Brevity noted that they were on the fourth floor. She could see the books, and spot some of hufflepuffs walking around them. It seemed like a big full library but she didn't need to go in. She'd visited Perth library, this would be the exact same. "Nah, I'm good," she replied with a shrug. "Lunch is a better idea anyway,"

Maisie giggled, offering out her hand to Brevity before starting for the Great Hall. "You said you didn't know you were coming here?" She asked, looking to the girl. "What do you mean?"

Brevity looked at the hand that was outstretched, and she ignored it, and just walked alongside here. “My parents put me on the train. They didn't tell me they'd applied, didn't say I'd gotten in, just put me on the train. They're spineless cowards,” Brevity spat out with hatred in her tone. “I'm a transfer, obviously,”

Maisie frowned. "That wasn't very nice," She offered immediately. "Well, maybe we can make it a little better, at least." She offered. "At least we got to meet, so we can be friends now, so maybe we can make the best out of a bad situation?" She nodded like it was the best plan ever.

Brevity gave a huff of agreement. "Right, you get in a little trouble and then suddenly, it's off to boarding school," Brevity wouldn't tell someone she had just met that she had gotten into quite a bit of trouble. She did not need to know that. "Sure, let's be friends," Brevity agreed, it wasn't like she had other options and this seemed not too bad. "So, what's the school like?"

Maisie shrugged. "Predictable," she offered. "Quidditch is the biggest motivator around here, everyone needs to be on a team if they want to be something. All the nurses are... busy," She winked at Brevity, "with Professors, we have a really giant one too, he's massive," she considered. "Half of Hufflepuff is involved in some sort of love scandal, I think," She mused. "Slytherin kids tend to be very proud and kind of nasty, gryffindors are mostly dumb jocks, Ravenclaws all act like nerds about something," she giggled. "But that's just in general. Which house are you in?"

Brevity scoffed at quidditch being popular, of course it was. “Are any of the players cute?” She asked. “Any of the hufflepuffs worth my time?” She knew she’d been sent here to behave, but maybe she didn’t need to if there were interesting people. “Oh, Slytherin. Am I proud and nasty?” She teased the girl.

Maisie giggled. "We'll see," she teased, winking playfully. "As for players... I'm not sure who's single, but Soren Gates is cute, and Rene Tolifou... we can go to the next game and I'll point them out,' she offered.

Brevity laughed lightly at Maisie, maybe the girl wasn’t half bad. She rolled her eyes at the two boys listed. “I didn’t ask who was single, I asked who was cute, boys and girls please. Anyone who you think loves to party?”

Maisie didn't hesitate. "Valeria Iglesias, she loves boys and loves to have a good time." She offered immediately. "If you want Hufflepuff, Jordie Harris is the mot popular." She replied easily. "Soren is in our year, he's got a great fashion sense if you're into clothes, I think his mom is a designer." She mused.

Brevity thought Valeria sounded fun but so far there had been maybe four names. God, this school was going to absolutely suck. No one decent to party with. “What about you, you’re cute, single? Do you party?” She asked.

Maisie shrugged at the question. "I am, and I suppose I could, but no ones invited me to any," she offered easily. "I don't know if there are many parties, but we could change that?' She offered. Outside of club events she hadt heard of a lot of parties around school. "Thanks for calling me cute though, thats my first time hearing it."

Brevity briefly wondered if she had perhaps picked the wrong person to be friends with, perhaps Maisie just wasn't invited to things, or perhaps she was weird...and people didn't like her. "Shut up, first time. This school is full of losers then," she told her. If no one had said it to her, they must've said it behind her back. "Anything else I should know about this school?"

Maisie giggled. "Well, outside of club events, there's a dance every semester, sometimes more than one. The Yule Ball, the Halloween feast, the Valentines dance. Everyone goes to those," She tucked her hair back. "I could show you around if you wanted?" She offered.

The dances sounded stuffy and boring. She had to bet that everyone wore stupid formal outfits and danced stupidly with partners. It wouldn't be the parties she'd gone to. "Are those dances worth it?" Brevity asked. "Sure, let's get lunch first though? Then you can give me the grand tour,"

Maisie shrugged. "Honestly I used to skip dances to try and spend time with a friend, but the last few I've gone too the best thing was the decor and the food," She told the other girl. "Lunch sounds good! I know the food here is to die for, at least," She giggled, reassuring the other girl. "I'll just sit with you, no one really cares who sits where."

Brevity wondered what had changed for the girl and her friend. "What happened?" she asked conversationally. But she wouldn't mind if Maisie didn't actually tell her. Instead she just followed the girl to the great hall and sat down next to her at the Gryffindor table. "The houses are pretty pointless if you ask me, arbitrarily putting people into places based on their personality, seems like a recipe for disaster honestly,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back