Getting know each other over cake.

Sephora Finette

Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather
Sephora walked into the hall - she had a slight bounce in her step, maybe because she was so incredibly happy that she made a new friend in her house.

Smiling; she sat down at the table and waited for Sam to come along.

((Sorry for the really bad intro, me + intros = horrible))

Sam was not far behind, though he had to go and make himself presentable. Swimming made his hair stick up in all directions, and the giant squid had carried off his shirt.

“Ah, there you are” he smiled as he reached Sephora. “What’s to eat now?” There were fresh salad vegetables everywhere, with various meats and sides on huge bowls that many students were tucking into. Today had the treat of cakes of every different kind. The house elves had outdone themselves! Sam took a plate and one for Sephora as well. “What would you like?” he asked as he added spinach leaves to his salad. He grinned and picked up a slice of cherry sponge cake. Yes! Cake fix! Could this day get any better?

He was in quite a jolly mood, early loneliness forgotten. It was lovely to make a new friend, especially since they seemed to understand each other so well. He could tell this friendship would last for a long time.

Sephora stretched her arms and replied;
"Ummm...Salad and a slice of that vanilla-bean cream cake please - but not together, because that'll be revolting" She grinned.

Sephora shuffled along the bench to give room for Sam to sit.
She smiled as she thought back when she met Sam moments ago, when she thought she was all alone - it turns out someone else was in the same boat and what happens? They become friends.

She was smiling so hard that her cheeks hurt.
She predicted that She and Sam we're going to be the very best of friends.

Sam handed her a piece and sat next to her, laughing at her joke. Now he was just waiting to tuck in- no! You must wait for the lady to start before you! his manners told him sternly as he longed for his cake. Often his Aunt said that when he ate cake, he got a dreamy faraway look in his eye, as though he'd just eaten a piece of heaven. He certainly couldn't do that in front of Sephora-

Eat me. Eat me!

"Nom!" he said out aloud. Oh Gosh. There really ought to be a filter between his brain and his mouth. He blushed heavily and averted his eyes for a second before sending her a sheepish grin.

"Er... bon apetite?

Sephora watched the boy diving into his cake instead of the salad.

Trying to break the awkwardness she broke a bit of her cake with her fork and smiled;
"Om nom nom indeed" she was grinning before she ate the bit of cake in her mouth.

The delicate flavour swirled around her mouth, she smiled, chewed and swallowed.
"This is one delicious cake" She sliced the cake with her fork and was about to place it in her mouth before she realized what she was doing;

"Umm. Manners don't apply when eating cake" Her eyes went shifty before she placed the bit of cake in her mouth.
((haha. I just realized the topic title doesn't even make sense. This is what happens when I'm distracted - sorry ^-^;))

Sam continued to blush as he tucked into his salad. It did not abate until he took his first bite of cake and then...bliss. He tried not to let the sake high show on his face. Eventually he gave into cherry goodness. He continued to chat pleasantly and laugh though, only with an uplifted smile and cheeks as red as the cherries.

"I'll tell you what though, I'm looking forward to Potions. What classes are you liking at the moment?" he asked, genuinely nterested in what she had to say. Now that he thought about it, he didn't know much about anything else other than potions. Perhaps he should have paid more attention in the muggle school he went to for some time. He watched Aunt Lola do the usual household charms, but what use were cleaning spells in Hogwarts?

Sephora pushed the cake away and brought the plate of salad forward - swallowing two bites of cake fast wasn't the best way to start a meal.

Stabbing a cherry tomato and a lettuce leaf she replied to Sam's comment about what subjects she's looking forward to;
"I'm actually looking forward to Potions as well...I find the idea of mixing things together to make something useful thrilling...then again, I'm looking forward to Charms you know?...learning something practical to use." She popped the cherry tomato in her mouth, chewing and swallowing before continuing;
"Then again, I'm looking forward to everything - but as you know, we only had the one class so far which was History of Magic...and we didn't even learn much then" She giggled and ate the lettuce leaf that was still dangling on her fork.

"Why are you looking forward to Potions if I may ask?" As she stabbed another lettuce leaf.

"Potion are pretty much my life," Sam answered with a smile. "That, and swimming. But I'm been brewing stuff since I could hold a spoon. I've invented some pretty wicked things."

Sam drooped when he realised he'd finished his cake, but continued on cheerfully with some mushrooms and olives instead. "Most of the other subjects I'm probably not going to be that good at. I find it hard to memorise things. Herbology should be alright, since it's related to potions. And I love animals," he said, smiling again. "So Care of Magical Creatures will be awesome."

"It will be nice to share these things with a new friend," he added after a pause. Of course, he meant Sephora.

Sephora looked surprise;
"Wow? You have been brewing stuff? Like what!" Sephora's eyes sparkled in awe, trying to avoid showing her bewilderment she pushed the plate of Salad away and brought back the half eaten cake.

"mmmm....cake...." She picked up her Cake fork and sliced the cake with the end.
"Care of Magical Creatures huh? That should be exciting!...I like animals too, I have a pony" She stared at the windows trying to remember if she already told him that...shrugging her arms, she placed the cake in her mouth.

"...this..is..very...good" She spoke with mouthful of cake.
Like she said before, There were no manners when it came to eating cake.

Sam, chuckled, wiping a crumb off her cheek with a napkin.

"Aye. I made this one to make your hair curly for a day. My Aunt Lola uses it when she goes out to dinner. And this, " he said as he tucked his hand into his pocket. He drew out a small vial of pale pink liquid that glowed very slightly. "This one's handy. It gets rid of a persistent blush. Here," he smiled as he handed it to her. "I don't know about you, but I need these more often than I'd like" laughed Sam.

"And a pony! Gosh, all I have is Callisto." he said in awe.

He snaked himself a slice of mud cake and pushed it to the side, having tiny bites of it in between speaking.

Sephora placed her fork down when Sam wiped her cheek, smiling and blushing at the same time - he truly was a Gentleman for his age.

She looked at the small vials of the potions that Sam had made - one potion, claimed to get rid of a persistent blush. She received the small vial of pale pink liquid - she unscrewed the lid, but on later thought she might needed it for later, she re-screwed the vial.

"I'm saving this for later" she slightly shook the Vial, watching the delicate pink swirl around it's housing before pocketing it in her pocket.

She looked at the range of cakes;
"Hmmm...I'm going to be brave and try pumpkin cake" she picked up the slice and placed it on her plate.

Tasting it she declared;
"It's delicious" she grinned before carrying on with the conversation;
"Who's Callisto? - Is he a cat?" She smiled at him.

"Really? Oh, I must try a bit of that." Never mind the fact that he still hadn't finished his hidden mud cake.

Sam smiled as she mentioned Callisto. "No, she's an owl. Come to think, I have a picture of her." he said as he handed the photo to Sephora. The little moving black-and-white owl cooed at the camera, preening its feathers with its small, round beak. "Isn't she just a beauty," he said proudly as the little Callisto ruffled a feather at him. "That's what her name means...Beauty."

Even as he spoke, he sneaked a new bite of pumpkin cake, grinning to himself. If it wasn't for his swimming, he'd be quite round. Instead, he ate as much cake as he wanted and swum whenever he pleased so that the balance stayed right. Thankfully the house elves didn't make cake every day.

"What is your horse's name?" asked Sam, interested. A tall boy for his age, he could usually look a horse in the eye, but the strong beasts intimidated him slightly. Even so, he admired them just as much as any other creature.

Sephora looked at the picture, the little owl ruffling its feathers;
"Oh wow! She is a beautiful and very adorable" she handed the picture back and ate another bite cake.

"My Pony is called Domino - mainly because he has a small star on his forehead..I didn't bring a photo unfortunately, but he really is quite gentle...I mean he actually kneels for you so you can mount - it's either because he's smart or because he knows I'm just really short." She giggled.
Sephora was average height for her age - but she definitely was one of the shortest in her peer group.

"So, what do you like to do in your spare time Sam?" She picked up a napkin and wiped her mouth and took a drink of water - she could feel the sugar building up in her system, she felt giggly and bubbly.

Sam smiled at the description of Domino. He'd never ridden a horse before, and one day he would love to try. Even as Sephora began to hype, Sam began to mellow. The problem with his cake fetish was that he could never get high on it, nor on any other kinds of sugar. Not on coffee or tea, or energy drinks or otherwise. Instead, he slid in the opposite direction. He became calmer, and radiated harmony.

"Me? I brew new potions, and swim. Eat cake. But you knew that already." he grinned as he said this. "However, I do like to study birds, and-" he stopped where he was. He was just about to say 'practice calligraphy', but he knew for certain that that was not considered a manly practice. "And- yeah, that sort of stuff." he covered lamely. His mind mentally face-palmed him.

"And yourself?"

Sephora smiled at him;
"Birds - their quite fascinating, even pretty to watch, I like how they glide in the air or just sitting in the trees..." her voice trailed off, having a expression of dreaminess.

"Me? I don't do much...I mostly rode Domino when I was at home but it's kinda impossible now" She grinned and took another sip of water.
"But mostly I sketch...doodle, that's about it - Im not much of an Artist but I feel drawing helps me relax." she drank the rest of the water.

"Now the question is - to have anther slice of cake or not to cake, to give in or not to give in?" She winked at Sam and filled her plate with Salad, She needed to balance her lunch somehow.

Spending time with Sam made her very Happy - she could see her self being Best Friends with him over the next 6 years, maybe even possibly more.

Well, she did say that she drew a bit. What was the harm in telling her that he drew also? Sort of.
"Well I didn't mention it, but I do calligraphy sometimes." he said cautiously. He didn't sketch or paint of anything else, but if she ever saw his writing she'd know anyway.

Three slices of cake was pushing it for most people. Pumpkin, chocolate and cherry. It felt like a good combination in his stomach. Even so, if he had four, he may have to go for another swim. Actually, that didn't seem to be such a bad idea...

"Would you like to go swimming with me later on?" asked Sam as he poked longingly at the blueberry baked cheesecake that seemed to be calling his name. A smile grew on his face when he said this. Rarely did he ask anyone to join him, but one rare occasion that he did, he found it less harmonious and more exciting which was just what he needed at times.

Sephora smiled when Sam said he did Calligraphy;
"Oooooh I'm jealous, Calligraphy is so pretty - I don't have the hand-to-brain co-ordination to do something so precise." Sephora grinned.

"And you know what, all this leafy stuff is making me feel dull - I feel that Lemon Cheesecake is calling my name" Sephora reached over and took a slice of the cheesecake;
"For some reason, Lemon, Pumpkin and Vanilla doesn't sound very harmonious together." Sephora shrugged and took a bite.

"As for swimming - why not? I like swimming, I wish I did it more often actually" Sephora took another bite. today was becoming great. Just great.

The baked blueberry cheesecake won out.

Grinning, he took a slice of the thinnest piece, trying not to go overboard on the cake. "Ah, this is the life," he commented to Sephora. His mood was relaxing more and more, his thoughts dreamy and pleasant. He was quite pleased when she agreed to go swimming with him. In his mind he thought the same as her- this really was a wonderful day.

He was surprised and pleased when she had talked briefly to him in their Transfiguration lesson. He'd been expecting to sit by himself. Perhaps he'd invite her to sit next to him tomorrow as well. Leaning over, he took a glass of lemonade with a smile. It had been freshly squeezed. "I'll have to say to watch out for the giant squid, though. I only swim when someone else is distracting it. I'm glad I know how to shoot a few sparks at Grindylows now, too." he said, remembering how one had grabbed his leg a week back. It had scared the life out of him.
"Too...much...cake!"moaned Sam, falling back. "No!" he said dramatically with a sparkle in his eye. "The blueberry needs me!"

Sephora laughed;
"Save the blueberry! hurry! the blueberry needs your help!" her cheeks were forever being tinted pink but for now, she didn't care - she was overly relaxed.

"Uh, Grindylows in the lake? Well. I guess you can be my lifesaver and blast 'em away" Sephora giggled and her cheeks turned into a harsher shade of pink. The sugar has definitely taken over her system.
"As for the giant squid, I've heard that if you tickle the tentacles, the squid will move away" Sephora smiled and reached out for the lemonade.
"Then again, who heard of a squid who likes to be tickled?" She grinned and ran her hand through her hair.

Sam laughed at this. "I gave it a lollipop, once. I never saw it again. Shloop!, gone."

"I'll tell you what, though. I never want to come across a mermaid. What with those froggy eyes, I'd have nightmares for weeks." Distracted, he went for the blueberry cheesecake "Okay...too full." Slicing off the last piece, he held it out to Sephora on the fork. "Here, go on, end my misery." he chuckled.

"Oh, that reminded me. I still have my life-saving course to finish over the holidays."

Sephora lent foward and ate the cake off the fork. After she chewed and swallowed she bent down to rest her forehead against the table, clutching her stomach.
"Okaaaaaaay. Thats enough cake for today I think...eugughh." Sephora laughed and sat back up again, getting a drink of water to wash down the sugar on her tongue.

"My suggestion is - lets not go swimming right now, because we're gonna get a bad stomach ache if we do." She smiled and pushed her plates away.

"Life-saving course - that must really interesting to do" Sephora smiled.
She thought about the beaches back at home.
"You know - I have this really annoying urge to make a Sand Castle now...too bad there isn't any sand around here" Sephora blushed;
"...even though kids our age don't really make sand castles anymore."

Sam chuckled before pausing at the thought. Actually, sand-castle making seemed like a good idea, now that they were on the topic of the beach. A thought struck him, and he grinned. "Here!" he exclaimed, holding out a hand for her to stand as he stood himself.

He planned to take her outside the Great Hall and down to the Great Lawn, of course. Where the Lawn edged the lake, there was a perfect spot for the surprise he had in mind. Now, first years learned very basic spells, of course. Creating a fountain of water was simple, and he was sure he could remember the incantation for sand or dirt. If it was by the lake, a few handfuls of water would make perfect sand for castle-building. Why not? They had the day off today.

"I can make that come true," he grinned.

Sephora's eyes widen;
"Really?" Sephora took hold of his hand and got up from the table.

"I'm telling you one thing - No more cake for today. I swear" she glimpsed at the range of cakes on the table - when they first walked into the Great Hall it was like Christmas...now just looking at the cakes made her feel just nauseated.

"But first - we should get our swimming stuff, I'll meet you down near the trees?" Sephora smiled.

((you make new topic?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back