Getting in some Practise

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda was on the pitch late after noon, the weather was balmy so she had simply her shorts and t-shirt on and her hair pulled back tightly. She had flown a few laps about the pitch to iron out any kinks and now feeling like she could take on the world flew down to the ground to pick up her beaters bat and open the chest. The team would need each player to be on par with every position just incase anything unforeseen were to happen, so she was simply making sure that her strong right hook was as capable as ever but with a bat of course. As soon as the bludgers flew off into the air, she hightailed it after them. Swinging the bat loosely by her side as she attained a better grip.

Ducking to let one pass she swerved to her left before executing a perfect barrel roll releasing her arm to whack the oncoming bludger with the bat. The 'thwack' sound it made as one connected with the other seemed to echo about the pitch and she smiled watching as the bludger sailed away at a power velocity. She let out a loud whooping sound as she veered right this time leaning low on her broom to gain speed on the other one.

Taylor read that there would be a practise for the Gryffindor team on the notice board a few days before it was due to happen, so she made sure that on the day she was nice and early. On the hot day, Taylor chose to wear her denim shorts and grey T-shirt. She was glad Quidditch was back up and running, it was a great distraction from her life. Without putting much further thought into the particular events that she was troubled with at the moment, Taylor pulled her hair off her face into a pony tail and grabbed her Nimbus 2001. She then exited the Common Room and trotted down to the pitch.

Immediately she spotted Andy as the only one there. She had just smacked a Bludger and the sound cracked throughout the pitch. Taylor grinned, Andy was a valuable player and even though she got smashed up pretty bad almost every game, she played with the utmost dedication to the lions and that was all that mattered. Taylor hopped straight on her broom and kicked off, instantly relaxing into the wind hitting her face. She let Andy go about her business and began to zoom around the pitch at high speeds, feeling her adrenaline build up.

Aeon stared out of the window of the boys dormitory, an expression of boredom etched onto his face. He let his eyes wander over to the Quidditch Pitch, noticing a figure flying around, though it was too far to see them clearly. Another figure was heading towards the pitch with a broom in her hand, which Aeon realized was Taylor. He watched as she joined the other figure, before turning around and letting his gaze settle on his broom, which had attracted a bit of dust since he hadn't used it in a while. You know you want to join them. A loud voice said in his mind. Just give it a go, it'll be fun. Aeon let out a small sigh, then went over and picked up his broom, brushing the dust from it. "Fine." He muttered in a low voice as he left the broom.

Aeon reached the Pitch, his brightly coloured broom resting on his shoulder. He saw that, from closer up, the first figure was Adromeda, fellow gryffindor. "Hi, girls!" He called out, giving a small wave at the two.

Andy turned as she saw from her peripheral vision some movement, smiling as she spotted Taylor flying near her and then on the ground waving up was Aeon. She grinned and flew down to meet him.

"Hey you" she smiled hopping off her broom lightly and realizing the bludgers were still up in the air with Taylor swiftly turned around to look upwards.
"Taylor be careful up there" she hollered before turning back to Aeon, "ok you ready to do this? you're going to be one hell of a player some day you just need more confidence is all. Come on" she straddled her broom once more and kicked off hovering not far from him.

"What position would you like to practise in?" she asked him waiting for him to get on his broom as well.

Aeon smiled as Andromeda flew down to meet him. "Hiya Andy." He said, returning the greeting. His eyes wandered up to the bludgers as Andy told Taylor that she ought to be careful, nearly missing the next thing she said. "Huh? Oh, yeah. I think so." He said, lifting up his broom dully.

Aeon mounted his broom and joined Andy in the air, quietly contemplating what position he would practice in. "Chaser." He stated after a few moments of silence. "I think that position would be best."

TEAM NAME: Comrades n' Chasers
POSITION: Chaser
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 200
STARTING LOCATION: NNE

She smiled at him as he joined her in the air.
"Ok then follow me, I'm going to fly straight up the pitch to the other set of hoops. I want you to fly with me as much as possible. We'll be tossing the quaffle back and forth between us so that you get used to throwing it at great speeds and catching it as well. Remember there are bludgers up here and they will be coming for you, so please be careful. I'm dating now so I can't go kissing any booboo's better" she winked at him playfully always having a soft spot for the young Gryffindor. With the quaffle already tucked under her arm Andy flew up to the hoops on the North Side of the pitch and took position on the east side.

"Ok, how about you stay on the west side for starting position and we'll work from there. Ok?"
Andromeda leaned low and pressed onwards, doing a barrel roll to her right and in doing so tossed the quaffle to Aeon.

ACTION TAKEN: took up position in air, tossed quaffle to Aeon
POINTS USED: -10
POINTS REMAINING: 190
FINISHING LOCATION: NNW

Ok Jesse -
as a chaser this is the point system that affects you;[/small]
Chasers:
Take a Shot on Goal = -20 points
*Goal scored = -30 points
*Goal blocked = +10
Pass or Catch Quaffle = -10 points
Lose Possession of the Quaffle (have stolen, miss pass) = +5 points
Dodge Bludger = -5 points
* Be hit by Bludger = +10 points

When you are in a game, it's usually best to have the page rules open as well. So you can look at the grid and figure out the positions a lot easier but also helps with the scoring. The ref is really good so if you make a mistake at all during a game, if someone else doesn't point it out, he usually will. Don't take offense to that at all, it happens. Even to the seasoned players. Begin every post with...
TEAM NAME:
POSITION:
QUIDDITCH POINTS:
STARTING LOCATION:

and end every post with...
ACTION TAKEN:
POINTS USED:
POINTS REMAINING:
FINISHING LOCATION:

We'll take this nice and slow and when you are confused in any way, simply ask the question of me and I'll do what I can ok. So basically here Andy has flown into your quadrant NNW which is your starting location. She has passed you the quaffle, if you catch it you deduct 10 points from your QP *quidditch points* if you drop it you add 5 pts. With each post you can move one place on the grid, no more as it breaks the 'no one is that fast a flyer' rule ;) hope this helps :hug: game on ...

With his previous broom being left back at the manor, Rukevra had set his gift from Patricia proudly against the wall; not wishing to simply push it under the bed. Knowing it was a better model, and slightly faster than the Storm, the young boy realised he would have to practice flight time to learn the increased manoeuvrability. With the Quidditch games starting up again, it would be now or never to show he was dependable.

Choosing to wear a pair of black jeans and a shirt, Rukevra picked up the Scarlet Streak and began the descent of the castle. Spending a little time in the air was always a good way to relax. Reaching the grounds came surprisingly quickly as Rukevra seemed to have a slight spring in his step. Maybe it was the opportunity to try out his gift; or just the thought of having Patricia as a friend.

Wandering along to the Quidditch pitch, the young Gryffindor spotted a few people already in attendance. Not fully sure of what was taking place, Rukevra made his way towards them. A small conversation with different people would at least be good for his full transition into the school. Touching onto the grass, the young wizard cast his gaze up-wards. The sky was glorious. Placing his right foot onto the stand, Rukevra attempted a kick off from the ground. He was still used to mounting his old broom. Wobbling slightly into the air, the young boy sat his left foot opposite his right; and tucked his knees into the broom, before raising into the air. Everything was going well so far.

Moving higher above the pitch, Rukevra headed towards the three other fliers. As he neared one of the students, the young wizard recognised a familiar face. A lump appeared within his throat. He had almost forgotten about Andromeda. Drifting slowly towards the young girl as she barrel rolled, Rukevra noticed a Quaffle being tossed through the air. "Quidditch practice.". His words silently sounding confused. Before the young boy had a chance to speak further, a sound broke out from his right side. Turning his head swiftly, Rukevra spotted the Bludger rocketing towards him. With little time to react, the ex-Durmstrang pulled the tip of his still gleaming broom up-wards; forcing himself into a backwards roll. The strenuous manoeuvre allowed for a marginal escape of the Bludger, as it past beneath the Scarlet Streak.

Levelling himself out, Rukevra thought about taking up a bat and smashing the ball into oblivion. During his attempt as a Keeper in their first Quidditch game, the young boy had failed miserably. At least a change of positions couldn't hurt.

Okay, Linda my queen. Teach me. :)

Kida was sitting in the common room being as bored as ever, she had Nerezza her cat was sitting on her lap and Kida just pet her lazily, Kida's Eyes drifted around the common room, they passed the bulletin board before she had a double talke and looked back at the board "Shi....." she said in frustration, Nerezza sensed her movements and got up to go find another comfy place to sit in.
Kida shot up and ran to her Dorm, she picked up her Broom and Bat and then spun on her heels bolting back down to the Common room ad out the Portrait hole.

Kida almost Ran into people as she Jumped down stairs and out to the Pitch, Kida ran down onto the pitch and skidded to a stop, she rested on her broom and smiled "i'm not late am i" she said smiling before she put her hands on her knee's to catch her breath.
Kida stood up and smiled again "what are we doing coach" she said confidently

TEAM NAME: ???
QUIDDITCH POINTS: 200
STARTING LOCATION: NNW

Aeon listened patiently as Andy explained what they'd be doing before watching her fly off. He himself zoomed over to the west side of the pitch and turned around to face his friend. As they flew forward, she tossed him the quaffle, which Aeon fumbled with before securing under his arm. Grinning broadly, he shot forward, noticing two other students join them. He twisted his body around so that he was facing Andy, then aimed and threw the quaffle over to her.

ACTION TAKEN: Caught quaffle, flew forward, passed quaffle
POINTS USED: -20
POINTS REMAINING: 180
FINISHING LOCATION: NW?

perfect Jesse, you can use the same name for your team as I am using seeing as its practise and we're on the same team ;) Scoring is perfect and placement is bang on. :woot: see you're doing fine ;)

QUIDDITCH POINTS: 190

Andromeda watched as her team mate made a slight fumble but it was to be expected, she gave him some encouragment though when he managed it in the end.
"Nice catch Aeon" she knew that with practise he would definitely get it in the end, especially if he was determined to do so. Continuing to fly her gaze momentarily shifted when she spotted Ruki and Kida joining them, she knew waited a moment though turning her full attention back to Aeon as he smiled speeding forward only to twist around and toss the quaffle to her. She caught it effortlessly and tucked it tightly under her arm as she winked at him and pulled up her broom to hover.
"Ok you two, how about you both grab a bat and join us over here. Kida if you could swat some bludgers in Ruki's direction so he can get some practise in of whacking them away but I also want you to hit some at Aeon and myself. Aeon I want you to practise evasive maneuveurs when you see any coming your way and Ruki, I want you to do your best to stop any bludgers from hitting myself or Aeon. That's the main goal of a beater, think you can do that?"

She smiled at them both before turning back to Aeon once more.
"Ok we'll plough on to the hoops yeah. Get ready to catch it whenever you can" swerving her broom once more Andy sped off up the pitch again, the quaffle still firmly tucked under her arm. As if testing his speed now, She rose high in the air at a stead pace and in doing so dropped the quaffle straight down, hoping Aeon would have kept his eye on her and the quaffle and see it coming.

ACTION TAKEN: caught quaffle, barking orders, flying on
POINTS REMAINING: 180
FINISHING LOCATION: NW

Ok Tony ;) you're posting here as beater so the rules for points are completely different for you.
Beaters:
Hit Bludger = -25 points
Dodge Bludger = -5 points
* Be hit by Bludger = +10 points

keep the page for the rules open beside the one your using for posting, it makes it easier. Always use the picture of the pitch to help you. Now if there is any rule that you are not sure about put it in to a state of play and we'll try to show you its effects or its consequences ;)

Don't be worried when you guys are playing in a proper game, these ...
TEAM NAME: #
POSITION: #
QUIDDITCH POINTS: #
STARTING LOCATION: #

are all generated for you automatically ;)
just remember to change your location and points.

Team name: Crazy Ivan and his pair of crazier beaters.
Player position: Beater.
Total points: 250.
Starting location: N, N-W.

Watching the passing between the two fellow team members, Rukevra shifted his weight against the new broom; still becoming used to how it felt. At the sound of the familiar voice, the young boy looked up-wards; smiling at the invitation to practice the game he often fell asleep during. His smile faded slightly at the sound of his shortened name. He hadn't used it for some time. Shuddering the strange feeling he had away, Rukevra glanced towards his fellow Beater. Returning his gaze to Andromeda, the young wizard listened to her requests. He would at least try to stop the Bludgers.

Watching the young girl speed away, Rukevra turned to his side slightly; pulling out his trusted wand, and thinking clearly. "Accio bat.". Catching the soaring object would be a challenge in its self. Almost as soon as he had summoned it, the bat barrelled through the air. Not one to injure himself with little reason, the young wizard gave a slight flick of his wand; taking over control of the item. It was better to be safe, than try to catch something of solid shape.

With his new tool in hand, Rukevra turned to face his team-mate. "I am ready when you are.". Heading into a space of the sky above him, the young boy suddenly remembered Patricia was a Beater for Hufflepuff. A sly grin appeared upon Rukevra's face.

Action taken: Got barked at; listened in 'fear'; nodded in apparent understanding; summoned a bat; moved about a bit; plotted evilly.
Points used: 0.
Total points: 250.
Finishing location: N-E.

Team: Da Beatenator RAAWRR
Position: Beater
Quidditch Points: 250
Starting Location: Pitch

</COLOR>
Kida listened to Andy's Instructions and nodded "<COLOR color="#000">aye aye Captain" she said as she pulled herself onto her Broom and shot up to the sky.
She Saw Ruki and nodded as in to say 'you ready' But Kida didn't wait for a response, as soon as the bludger came past her like she predicted, Kida swung her bat strongly and sent a Bludger right at Ruki.
The Bludger soared through the skys as if it was ripping through it like a sharp sword slicing through a dropped peice of silk.
Kida looked out for the other Bludger waiting to see where it was hiding, Kida used her ears to try listen out for it.

Kida did a barrel roll to avoid the second bludger which was out to get her "Okay Okay i get it, you don't like me, sheesh let me keep my head please" she said to the bludger which was ready to try a return attack.

Action Taken: Took to the Skys
Point Changes: 0
Points Remaining:250
Finishing Location: NE

Team position: Beater.
Starting points: 250.
Starting location: N-E.

With very little time to relax, the fifth year caught the sound of a crack echoing across the pitch. Turning sharply, Rukevra spotted the Bludger moving towards him. It was practice time. Gripping the Beater's bat in his left hand, the ex-Durmstrang chaser prepared for his first lesson in smashing Bludgers. Holding onto his new broom, the young wizard took a powerful swing at the ball as it reached him; causing an equally loud crack to echo across the pitch. Feeling the re-coil through his arm, Rukevra muttered with the shock; before seeking out the location of the Bludger he had just smashed.

Action taken: Spun around; smashed a bludger; felt the slight pain.
Points used: 25.
Finishing points: 225.

QUIDDITCH POINTS: 180

Aeon turned his broom around and flew back to Andy, circling her until he pulled up to hover by her side. She had begun talking to the other two, telling them what to do and what not. He waved at Kida, hoping she didn't get to much fun out of trying to hit him with a bludger, then zoomed off after Andy who was flying higher into the air. He remained at the level he was on, watching his friend intently. She dropped the quaffle, and Aeon raised himself up to catch it, wrapping his arms around it and holding it to his chest. Hey, didn't fumble this time. He thought, drawing himself up to be level with Andy once again.

ACTION TAKEN: Hovered, waved at teammate, caught quaffle.
POINTS REMAINING: 170
FINISHING LOCATION: NW

Team: Da Beatenator RAAWRR
Position: Beater
Quidditch Points: 225
Starting Location:NE
</COLOR>
Kida waved back at Aeon and turned to Ruki who had felt the recoil of hitting the bludger <COLOR color="#000">"You'll get used to the pain don't worry" she called out to him.
The Bludger that he had hit was returning to her which was good for her, She moved her broom a bit and hit the bludger NNW at Aeon, The Bludger soared Directly at Aeon like it had a bet that it wished to settle.
Kida heard the second bludger come at her aswell and she Took her other hand off her broom and hit it with a Rather Loud CRACK sending it up diagonally around 7 metres above Ruki's head and climbing.
"Go Chase it Ruki" She called out to him, that should give him some practice in chasing after bludgers "Then Send it towards them" she said as she signaled to Andy and Aeon.

Action Taken: Hit a Bludger towards Aeon, and Sent one long towards Ruki
Point Changes: -50
Points Remaining:175
Finishing Location: NE

Team position: Beater.
Starting points: 225.
Starting location: N-E.

Once he had spotted the Bludger, the young wizard kept an eye upon it; as it moved towards his fellow Beater. Smiling slightly at her words, Rukevra watched the girl smash the Bludger towards their team-mate and temporary opponent. With the first of the two Bludgers on their way towards the younger Gryffindor, Rukevra heard another large crack and turned his head back towards Kida. The younger girl had fired the Bludger up-wards, and above Rukevra's head. Looking backwards, the young wizard pulled the tip of his broom up-wards and set off after the climbing ball.

Tucking himself as best as he could against his broom, the fifth year shot up-wards towards the Bludger; pushing himself as hard as he could to reach the climbing ball. After several seconds, Rukevra managed to move level with the object; before slipping to the side slightly. Swinging his arm back, Rukevra aimed for the Bludger and connected sharply. Pushing through with his swing, the Beater watched the Bludger head in the direction of his fellow trainee.

Action taken: Heard, and followed, Kida's instructions; flew up to the Bludger; smashed Bludger towards Aeon.
Points used: 25.
Finishing points: 200.

QUIDDITCH POINTS: 170
STARTING LOCATION: NW

Aeon glanced back to see Kida smack a bludger in his direction. "Fantastic." He muttered, turning over to Andy and tossing her the quaffle. Kida's bludger was closer now, and Aeon waited, jerking downwards at the last moment and letting it fly over his head. Smiling, he brought himself back up, but felt something smash into his shoulder. He grunted as pain shot down his arm, and realized he had been hit by another bludger. Rukevra's. "Dammit." He muttered, darting forward on his broom, trying to ignore the throbbing in his shoulder.

ACTION TAKEN: Passed quaffle, dodged bludger, got hit by bludger.
POINTS USED: -15 +10
POINTS REMAINING: 165
FINISHING LOCATION: SW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back